• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Lol this Millennium new hope game is so cruel. You go into these little turn based duels..and sometimes enemies surprise you and kill you before you are ever able to attack/defend. Out of nowhere just BOOM dead! And once you die this screen comes up....

d4IKVJb.png

Seriously? Almost everyone else in here didn't have a very good with RB so I didn't even install it. Hm.

It was a lie, it's really bad :p unresponsive and bad controls.
Though, if you're good at platformers, the achievements aren't really that hard, it just takes a bit to get used to how it controls..
It was worth it to get teh dough.

Copons

Might have to look into adding that in. It's tricky, since the Steam market API lists things other than sales, such as listing or removing an item. I'm not sure how Steam handles this, since you could potentially list 200 items, then cancel them without selling anything.

Do those 200 listings count as your limit then, even if you've not sold anything?

Definitely worth checking into.

IIRC I got the tax message randomly while I was spam listing cards, and not after actually selling one of them.
But then again, months have passed and I may be wrong.

derExperte

I've wondered that too but I don't dare ask Steam support.

Every listed item does and let's say you sold 150 items, you then can only list 50 more.

It was a lie, it's really bad :p unresponsive and bad controls.
Though, if you're good at platformers, the achievements aren't really that hard, it just takes a bit to get used to how it controls..
It was worth it to get teh dough.

Oh you. Almost had me there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No, only sold items count permanently towards the 200.

Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense, but it's what I was afraid of, difficulty wise. I'll take a stab at it, but I'm not sure if all of the information I need is in the API.

Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense, but it's what I was afraid of, difficulty wise. I'll take a stab at it, but I'm not sure if all of the information I need is in the API.

That's all I can ask for, thanks!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Last Baron, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-D1E05389662FCB0B
Capsized -- MB-5C63893601F24B34
Oil Rush -- MB-6FF65BCC77FA6A5B
Awesomenauts Cluck Costume -- MB-ACD9F6BD49BB586A

t1400276039z1.png

Still some games unclaimed here.

Lomax

Lol this Millennium new hope game is so cruel. You go into these little turn based duels..and sometimes enemies surprise you and kill you before you are ever able to attack/defend. Out of nowhere just BOOM dead! And once you die this screen comes up....

d4IKVJb.png

Yeah, I played it for long enough to get the first two playfire achievements (about 3 hours) but the difficulty swings were just all over the place. So many of the fights seemed designed purely to use the fairy "I win" button, removing any hint of real depth. It's a shame, I liked a lot of what they did with it, their using the main map with jumping and creative secrets was pretty unique for the genre. But the frustration won out. Much preferred Skyborn and Planet Stronghold.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's all I can ask for, thanks!

Still some games unclaimed here.

Sweet, got Proteus (the only game I'm missing from the bundle).

Now I really gotta check into that feature request soon :D

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, didn't have that one! :)
Just one weird thing happened. Got a PM that I won Thomas Was Alone. lol. Is it really Awesomenauts and Modbot bugged on me ?

EDIT: nvm, it was Awesomenauts! :)
Yeah, I messed up in my first giveaway, so I guess it affected the second one. Sorry about that! But at least you got the right game.

fantomena

Hey guys,

So according to the new about Halo 1-4 remake there are chances it will hit PC since Microsoft has not confirmed it will NOT come to PC, they have neither commented on digtal distribution.

BELIEVE IN THE SPENCER!

Pachimari

Oh yeah, just got Age of Empires III: Complete Edition! I have never tried it, but I still have to play through Age of Empires II: HD Collection. :)

Still debating The Stanley Parable (didn't like the demo that much), Chivalry (mindless multiplayer fun), X-Com: Enemy Within, and Cook, Serve, Delicious.

Pachimari

Okay guys, my one and only mission in this very moment is to make my Dual Shock 4 controller work wirelessly with my Bluetooth dongle.

For that, I'm gonna follow this guide, which I also used some weeks ago, but now I'm gonna start from scratch.

jshackles

It was open when I joined, It also seems that I am not allowed to invite people. Maybe the devs didn't want to get too generous with giving away keys

That must certainly be the case, since I'm in the group and their page still says I'm not eligible for a Steam key. :(

Anteater

Hey guys,

So according to the new about Halo 1-4 remake there are chances it will hit PC since Microsoft has not confirmed it will NOT come to PC, they have neither commented on digtal distribution.

BELIEVE IN THE SPENCER!

I could finally try those games in coop if they come out, my friends and I never paid for xblive so never really gotten to try the online portion of the game.

Pachimari

Okay, so I have the official Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories Software installed as well as Scarlet.Crush's Xinput virtual bus driver.

I guess I'm first gonna try out, if the controller still works wired.

Hey guys,

BELIEVE IN THE SPENCER!

After a decade of empty promises and hollow statements, I don't know why anyone would hope for anything from Microsoft when it comes PC gaming. They haven't even released the PC drivers for their Xbox One controllers, they've missed even that boat as most people are upgrading to Dualshock 4's now.

Pachimari

Man, I give up. I can't even get it to work wired in emulators either anymore. I have it connected to my PC through USB and the lightbar is lighting up yellow, as it is charging but that's where my fun ends. :(

Even this software says it can't find any controller:

It doesn't even register my controller when it's connected through USB. I also bought this Bluetooth dongle (Targus), and here's a description:

"Targus USB Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter brings Bluetooth compatibility to your desktop PC or laptop enabling you to work with Bluetooth enabled peripherals. Supporting the latest Version 4.0 specification, it offers ultra-low power consumption with support for Bluetooth Low Energy. Fast data transfer rates of up to 3Mbps help speed up file and data movement between devices, synchronize contacts and calendar information with your smart phone, wirelessly print and even connect to the internet or a network via your mobile phone. Capable of operating within a range of up to 10m, you can now connect to multiple Bluetooth enabled devices, such as a keyboard, mouse and printer to create a truly wire-free environment."

Anteater

After a decade of empty promises and hollow statements, I don't know why anyone would hope for anything from Microsoft when it comes PC gaming. They haven't even released the PC drivers for their Xbox One controllers, they've missed even that boat as most people are upgrading to Dualshock 4's now.

Microsoft is always late to the party though! They're the king at it.

I still believe

That's a pretty good dea....

hBE2763B5

My thoughts exactly. Nailed it.

should have been a giant Uplay Logo LOL

Nailed it even harder.

Man, I give up. I can't even get it to work wired in emulators either anymore. I have it connected to my PC through USB and the lightbar is lighting up yellow, as it is charging but that's where my fun ends. :(

Even this software says it can't find any controller:

It doesn't even register my controller when it's connected through USB. I also bought this Bluetooth dongle (Targus), and here's a description:

Do you have the xbox 360 gamepad drivers installed?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

That's what I use. I had it up and running in about 5-10 minutes and my bluetooth dongle is one of the ones that's not in the list so I had to use extra steps. Windows 8.1 -- works with DS3 and DS4, bluetooth and USB.

Pachimari

My thoughts exactly. Nailed it.

Nailed it even harder.

Do you have the xbox 360 gamepad drivers installed?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

That's what I use. I had it up and running in about 5-10 minutes and my bluetooth dongle is one of the ones that's not in the list so I had to use extra steps. Windows 8.1 -- works with DS3 and DS4, bluetooth and USB.

Yeah, I have those drivers installed already. I'm running on Windows 7.

If I don't get it to work tonight, I'm gonna give up.

Yeah, I have those drivers installed already. I'm running on Windows 7.

If I don't get it to work tonight, I'm gonna give up.

I'm trying to think of what could be screwed up... if you want to chat with me to try to figure it out, you can PM me or add me on Steam and send a message.

ugh... I need $0.22 steam bucks to get Cosmic DJ entirely free... and I have a foil card listed for the lowest price... but nobody is biting and I'm out of other cards to sell. :\

Dr Dogg

Man these encore levels in BattleBlock Theatre don't mess around. You really have to be on your top game to just finish in time let alone grab all the gems and ball of twine.

sprinkles

Just noticed this since I'm busy:

Didn't expect this to be out so soon, but here it is. Flower Shop: Summer In Fairbrook is now available on Steam and is currently 25% off, leaving it at $11.24. It made it though Greenlight, in case anyone recognizes it.

Should probably mention that it's a Winter Wolves game, like Always Remember Me and Planet Stronghold. The sequel has yet to pass through Greenlight.
Always Remember Me was a really mediocre VN. The "relationship" system was tedious and I did not like any of the the four story lines. I will pass on Flower Shop until it is bundled.

Yeah I constantly have issues with the Scarlet Crush Dual Shock Xinput wrapper too. I find that I usually have to disable and reenable BlueTooth services and the DS3 service, unplug & replug my bluetooth adapter and controller into the computer, and then uninstall and reinstall the wrapper. It's a huge pain in the ass and I'm sure only one of those steps is probably necessary but every damn time I run into issue I end up doing all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom