• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
uprising 44 has been out for over a month and past bundles still have no keys, smh

And it's been almost a month since a developer said he'd update people on when the keys have been sent out. Said dev has been completely ignoring the matter since -- not even so much as "Sorry, distribution is taking longer than we had originally anticipated."

cHinzo

It's one of my favorite games ever. Really, it's pretty great if you enjoy what some call "roguelikes." You'll die a lot, but it's so good. The game's lore is pretty decent too, surprisingly.

It's not turn-based right? Kind of a bummer since my multitask and micromanagement skills suck (one of the reasons I dislike the RTS genre). Still gonna try this one out though!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lame. I guess there's no greenmangaming, as the keys they have are just uplay

That's a bingo. Amazon isn't selling Steam keys at this juncture, either, but curiously enough there are several retail-specific subs in the registry that were created well after the store subs went up, so Ubi is clearly planning something.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It's not turn-based right? Kind of a bummer since my multitask and micromanagement skills suck (one of the reasons I dislike the RTS genre). Still gonna try this one out though!

Nope, it's not really turnbased, though your weapons do have a recharge time, and it lets you briefly recover while you go to a different sector, allowing you to spend scrap on upgrades and repair damage to your ship (not in the form of health but fixing hull breaches and putting out fires). You can pause the game mid battle to focus on strategy, though.

todays releases 100% Orange Juice, Dark Scavanger, Radcal Roach and Chompy Chomp have all beet in bundles before.

Orange juice key is up at indieroyale, the others arent yet in their various bundles

Thanks for the reminder to look! Pretty sure the latter two definitely aren't up yet but just found the Dark Scavenger key at GamersGate (via IndieFort numero deux).

So close!
100_Orange_Juice_12_2014-05-16_23-19-59_zps07133fb4.png
Anyway, the multiplayer is really fun!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does Enhanced Steam have a feature that tallies up how many listings you create in a given year? I looked but didn't find anything.

No it currently doesn't. Are you talking about marketplace transactions in regards to when you would need to provide tax details?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Hey, look, it's like there's another Humble thingy:

Thanks for Dear Esther. Only game I wanted from that bundle ;)

Anyone get Men of War: Assault Squad 2 now that it's officially launched? How is it?

Also: Paying full price for a game :O The horror!

I've played a bit of the campaign and so far I'm enjoying it. Can't say if it's better than CoH2 but it's definitely harder and the battles have a larger scale

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thanks for the reminder to look! Pretty sure the latter two definitely aren't up yet but just found the Dark Scavenger key at GamersGate (via IndieFort numero deux).

Ah. I found mine in a flying bundle but alas no key yet. Radical Roach and Chompy in groupees bundles but also no key.

Finally got all the achievements in Rush Bros that have rewards tied to them.

rPSTi1f.png

The game is so brilliant, consistent, with tight controls and great, but not amazing, design... 8.9/10
Time to spread the love and let another lucky soul enjoy the bright joy of Rush Bros.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Don't kill the donator, he is not responsible for any illness or anger from playing Rush Bros.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rush Bros -- MB-FEF20999530D0946 - Taken by Exuro

Volimar

I wish they'd take an island like the one in Dear Esther and make Robinson Crusoe. You're marooned on the island and have to make food and shelter and learn to survive long enough to make a raft to get off the island. Add in cannibals and pirates, etc.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I wish they'd take an island like the one in Dear Esther and make Robinson Crusoe. You're marooned on the island and have to make food and shelter and learn to survive long enough to make a raft to get off the island. Add in cannibals and pirates, etc.

The Forest is pretty similar to what you're describing if you swap pirates and cannibals with mutants

Sir, You are being Hunted has most of that covered.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Just noticed this since I'm busy:

Didn't expect this to be out so soon, but here it is. Flower Shop: Summer In Fairbrook is now available on Steam and is currently 25% off, leaving it at $11.24. It made it though Greenlight, in case anyone recognizes it.

About the Game

The Flower Shop is a dating and farming simulation game.

Steve's life has just taken a downward turn. His grades from his first semester in college are dismal, his relationship with his girlfriend is rocky at best, and now his dad is shipping him off to some farm for the summer so that he can "build character."

What's a poor, lazy, college kid to do?

Take control of Steve as he spends a summer in Fairbook, working on the farm, making new friends, and maintaining old relationships.

You can raise and sell your own crops, but you'll have to work hard to keep your land well watered and free of weeds and insects, or your crops will fail. Stop by the flower shop to buy more seeds, but choose wisely. Some plants take longer to mature, and some crops will get you a better return at the market.

There are four girls who you can spend time with. Maintain a good relationship with them by spending time with them and learning about their hopes and dreams. You can impress them by improving your skills, but if you only focus on one thing, they won't be interested. Build a strong enough friendship, and it might even bloom into romance.

You can plan your weeks and who you spend time with using the weekly scheduler. Customize each week, spend time with who you like, or ignore everyone and work all day. Don't forget to take a break once in a while, or your health will suffer.

The game features nine different endings that change based on your decisions throughout the game. Will Steve finally learn to be responsible? A good farmer, even? Will he make up with his girlfriend, find a new romance, or end up alone?

It's all in your hands.

FEATURES

• Mix between dating sim with farming sim gameplay
  • Raise your crops and sell them at the market
  • Plan how you spend your time with the weekly scheduler
  • Relationship system: each character has a relationship value that affects gameplay
  • High replayability: normal and special ending for a total of 9 different endings!

Should probably mention that it's a Winter Wolves game, like Always Remember Me and Planet Stronghold. The sequel has yet to pass through Greenlight.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts -- MB-D64C7B860DB9133F - Taken by Kiru

Didn't expect this to be out so soon, but here it is. Flower Shop: Summer In Fairbrook is now available on Steam and is currently 25% off, leaving it at $11.24. It made it though Greenlight, in case anyone recognizes it.

So is this work-with-some-social a la Harvest Moon, or social-with-some-work a la Persona?

Anyone know what "VVVVVV Comp" is? Showing up in my library, but I don't remember registering a key or winning it. It's a little strange to be honest.

VVVVVV is the game. I'm guessing Comp stands for complete. It's been in a jillion bundles.
Oh okay I checked my e.mail for the corresponding date. And Humble literally gave me it for free.. no idea why. But cool.

I also discovered some spare codes which I have lying around so if anyone wants Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Dust: An Elysian Tail or Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians please PM me.

Also picked up Amnesia for £4 knowing full well I won't play it for a while. Buuuut I'm interested in seeing where thechineseroom took the series.

Complementary perhaps? Does it show up in your account overview?
I think that's a fair guess. My first thought is that I'd enterred some one click competition but given that Humble worded it as "a slice of humble pie" and a gift I guess it was that. I figure they would have mentioned it if a friend purchased it for me.

I can't be the only one who has been given a freebie by Humble?

edit. disregard it's basically how Humble gift keys work. Skyzard on GAF gave it to me. ^_^

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's the one.

Might have to look into adding that in. It's tricky, since the Steam market API lists things other than sales, such as listing or removing an item. I'm not sure how Steam handles this, since you could potentially list 200 items, then cancel them without selling anything.

Do those 200 listings count as your limit then, even if you've not sold anything?

Definitely worth checking into.

derExperte

According to the Coming Soon list Max: The Curse of Brotherhood will be released today, is that correct? The store page has no date: http://store.steampowered.com/app/255390

The game is so brilliant, consistent, with tight controls and great, but not amazing, design... 8.9/10
Time to spread the love and let another lucky soul enjoy the bright joy of Rush Bros.

Seriously? Almost everyone else in here didn't have a very good with RB so I didn't even install it. Hm.

Qbeh is pretty great! I love the style, it's relaxing and the puzzling & jumping is fun! Ambient music kinda reminds me of FEZ. About 40mins in and really enjoying it.

This came out of nowhere but the user reviews are good and I like these kind of games, think I'll get it before the discount is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom