• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to think of what could be screwed up... if you want to chat with me to try to figure it out, you can PM me or add me on Steam and send a message.

ugh... I need $0.22 steam bucks to get Cosmic DJ entirely free... and I have a foil card listed for the lowest price... but nobody is biting and I'm out of other cards to sell. :\

whats the foil?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
If it does well enough, maybe Capcom will consider porting Killer 7....Wishful Thinking.

That just delusional, it's way too old to get a port now. I'd like to have Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadow of the Damned too though. More Suda on PC is always good.

RAVE ON

BTW, KiD Steam page lists Japanese as a supported language, I should have checked.

Arthea

on my steam store 100% Orange juice still hasn't appeared as released, but I finally could install it. I wonder what went wrong.
Is it the same in all regions?
Too late to play now, but there is always tomorrow.

edited: it's on now, lol
was steam down perhaps?

edit2:
confession time
I was about to register for Transformers Universe beta, still might (><)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Always Remember Me was a really mediocre VN. The "relationship" system was tedious and I did not like any of the the four story lines. I will pass on Flower Shop until it is bundled.

Yeah, after my experience with Planet Stronghold, I'm a little leery of Winter Wolves games. Still won't say no to the game if it's bundled though.

Nabs

Yeah I constantly have issues with the Scarlet Crush Dual Shock Xinput wrapper too. I find that I usually have to disable and reenable BlueTooth services and the DS3 service, unplug & replug my bluetooth adapter and controller into the computer, and then uninstall and reinstall the wrapper. It's a huge pain in the ass and I'm sure only one of those steps is probably necessary but every damn time I run into issue I end up doing all of that.

I just made sure not to install the Bluetooth stack from SCP (unchecked BT), and I just use DS4Windows (similar to DS4Tools). I'll probably do that until I get a new BT adapter or new micro usb.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've updated the Enhanced Steam Standalone application to the latest version, 2014-05-16 alpha.

Changes include:

• Added localization (language) support
  • Store page game backgrounds now display full size
  • Added ability to show cost of three cards for booster packs in inventory
  • Added the "total drop count" dialog to the user's badges page
  • Added SteamCardExchange links to the user's badges page
  • Added custom background selection dialog on profile edit screen
  • Added support for showing Metacritic user scores to app pages
  • Added support for showing SteamCharts.com data on app pages
  • Added support for PCGamingWiki buttons on app pages
  • Added support for WSGF widescreen info on app pages
  • Added support for HowLongToBeat.com info on app pages
  • Added Steam review aggregated scores to app pages
  • Added a "Popular" tab to the home page
  • Added achievement section to app pages
  • Added market links and price data to badge pages
  • Added sorting and filtering options to badge pages
  • Added total / purchase option to wishlist pages
  • Added a link to a user's wishlist on their profile
  • Added Enhanced Steam menu to header (doesn't work in Steam client)
  • Updated price history function to support the latest features
  • Fixed a bug that caused some pages not to load correctly
  • Fixed a bug with adding custom wallet amount
For now you'll need to manually update by following this procedure:

• Stop nginx.exe (this can be done from the launcher)
  • Replace the conf and html folders in your installation directory with the ones from Github.
  • Start nginx.exe again (this can also be done from the launcher)
Hopefully I'll have an update process built into the launcher soon. I'll also be updating the Windows installer, in case you don't have Enhanced Steam Standalone installed already.

If you have any issues with updating, please let me know.

I just don't have the patience to play games like Volgarr the Viking anymore. I think the closest thing to one of these oldschool inspired retro indie games I played and actually enjoyed was They Bleed Pixels because it had a risk/reward element to its checkpoint system. In TBP you could choose to place a checkpoint anywhere in a level provided there were no hazards or enemies within a certain radius. Or you could choose not to put down a checkpoint at all, not placing them down increased your score.

At this point I'm just trying to stick with it for an hour and then my obligation is kind of met.

rtcn63

I keep telling myself to stay out of the OT because of the stupid shit I say, but nooo... anyways, how's tricks?

so dxhr director's cut worth it?

Common thing I've heard parroted, is that the DC is built off of a previous, less stable build of the game. So fair warning and all.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
so dxhr director's cut worth it?

Commentary is good and the reworked boss fights are pretty interesting if you're into exploring. Even if you don't want to listen to the commentary but are still interested in the development and little tidbits about the game, I highly recommend checking out EatChildren's thread regrading the commentary. The DLC is fully integrated into the game, and it sort of works well. If you don't have the original and the DLC, get it; if you own the original HR and the DLC, get it if you're interested in replaying the game or want to listen to the director's commentary.

Pudge

Hey guys,

So according to the new about Halo 1-4 remake there are chances it will hit PC since Microsoft has not confirmed it will NOT come to PC, they have neither commented on digtal distribution.

BELIEVE IN THE SPENCER!

Your double negatives were making me sad for a minute there.

Salsa

I should probably get the stanley parable before monday

has it gone this low before? it just need to reach that $5 magical place

zkylon

zkylewd
Only for commentary imo. For playing, you're better off with vanilla.
huh, why?

is it worse than the base game somehow?

Common thing I've heard parroted, is that the DC is built off of a previous, less stable build of the game. So fair warning and all.
weird

Commentary is good and the reworked boss fights are pretty interesting if you're into exploring. Even if you don't want to listen to the commentary but are still interested in the development and little tidbits about the game, I highly recommend checking out EatChildren's thread regrading the commentary. The DLC is fully integrated into the game, and it sort of works well. If you don't have the original and the DLC, get it; if you own the original HR and the DLC, get it if you're interested in replaying the game or want to listen to the director's commentary.
i love dev commentary so just bought it

it has cards
I think that answers your question.
it helps actually, since i can get some of the money back

i have like 55 gabedollars from selling that doto item that came with my mouse so if i can invest a bit on the game and get some money back it's cool

I should probably get the stanley parable before monday

has it gone this low before? it just need to reach that $5 magical place
wait for 5

stanley parable has like a weird pretentious thing about not being on a real sale, i'm not gonna buy it until it treats itself like a proper indie :p

The_Monk

Finally got some free time and finished Episode 3 of The Walking Dead S2.

Things took some time to develop but then they started to get interesting. As always I wish the episodes were a bit longer.

Few extras from today's humble bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-20E9E0BC40EC1482 - Taken by More_Badass. 1 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-5E40FBB0A169164F - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 6 entrants total.
Proteus -- MB-92610326FA148745 - Taken by Sammichu. 7 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-A9D3233AEF08686F - Taken by PossumMeat. 1 entrants total.

t1400296277z1.png

I've played Little Inferno, and i thought it was a rather neat experience.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yes, it brings back bugs that were patched out of vanilla and introduces a bunch of minor visual ones of its own. That, and Missing Link integration really doesn't gel with the game's pacing imo.

hmm well, i've already beaten the game twice so i'm not expecting to rediscover the game or anything

if commentary is good it's enough for me

denx

Now that I have a new gaming laptop I got back into Fall of Cybertron. Last time I played on my shitty laptop the game crashed on chapter 7. Now after months I finally made progress and I'm now at chapter 11. Man it feels so good to not have your computer have a stroke when you do some gaming.

Anyways, I have 16 Steam bucks, and I'm considering buying something. My three main options are Child of Light, Starbound and Battleblock Theater, but I really can't decide. Suggestions?

Whew. I've managed to get Age of Empires 3 just now. Had I not woken up early, I could have missed this. Been a fan of this series since the first game. RIP Ensemble

Salsa

A friend came over yesterday and I wished I had all those local multi games that I avoided because I never have a friend over (samurai gunn, towerfall). We ended up playing Gentlemen which is actually pretty fun, at least stoned

Battleblock seems like a good one for that. He got fired for being late so he's gonna be around more, I guess. Sucker.

I have 0.58$ left in my Steam wallet and it will be a while to when i will recharge it.Can you give me the full list of Steam games on sale that cost around 0.49$? Would be much appreciated to spend the last cent on a decent game.

Nabs

I have 0.58$ left in my Steam wallet and it will be a while to when i will recharge it.Can you give me the full list of Steam games on sale that cost around 0.49$? Would be much appreciated to spend the last cent on a decent game.

Install Enhanced Steam. It adds this to the main page:

ibv3pLKgiNw735.png

Or that VVVV... but he should still install ES.

yuraya

Hey guys,

So according to the new about Halo 1-4 remake there are chances it will hit PC since Microsoft has not confirmed it will NOT come to PC, they have neither commented on digtal distribution.

BELIEVE IN THE SPENCER!

That would be something if MS does release it on PC as well. Doubtful tho. They did the spartan assault thing. If they do it it won't be same day as Xbone lol probably several months after. They did talk a lot of smack about being dedicated to the PC and all that. So its put up or shut up time for them.

Yeah, I played it for long enough to get the first two playfire achievements (about 3 hours) but the difficulty swings were just all over the place. So many of the fights seemed designed purely to use the fairy "I win" button, removing any hint of real depth. It's a shame, I liked a lot of what they did with it, their using the main map with jumping and creative secrets was pretty unique for the genre. But the frustration won out. Much preferred Skyborn and Planet Stronghold.

The fairy stuff is overpowered near beginning. Eventually tho it balances out as some enemies you encounter the fairy won't be able to attack them for damage only use the fairy for heals. Game isn't bad at all I actually kind of like it but I can see why people would rage @ it. It can get absurdly hard at times. Also thanks for the skyborn and Planet Stronghold recommendation. Will look into em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom