• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is nothing like the Sonic Cycle. Halo games on PC only makes sense, and they've done it in the past. Sonic Team arguably has only released one good Sonic game in the past 15 years.

YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE.

It's actually worse than the Sonic Cycle because at least there's a couple of good Sonic games interspersed between all of the craptastic ones to string Sonic/Sega fanboys along.

On the topic of Playfire rewards for today

100% Orange Juice has one easy achievement, and the rest are toughies. You can get one by opening card packs until you get a rare. I got one on my fourth try. The other achievements are mostly luck I believe.

War of Human Tanks: You can get all of the listed achievements in less than 30 minutes if you skip the dialogue. Once you beat the second level, go to free mode. And you can craft a daisy bomb that lets you blow up 75% of a map. Do that a few times and you finished up the other two achievements.

Has anyone done the Book of Legends achievements yet?

Also, Im not sure if this should be spoilered. Apologies if its a problemo.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I'll probably try it after I do the Millennium achievements tomorrow/after I wake up and do stuff.

The War of Human Tanks info will definitely help in a few days when I get around to it, thanks.

The heck's that supposed to mean >_>;

I don't know, that seems like what's been happening in my opinion (disclaimer: yes, I have played most of these games, for my purposes, I'll start with S&K and go through mainly games I've personally played):

Sonic & Knuckles (it's pretty great)--> Sonic Labyrinth (pretty bad)--> Sonic the Fighters (pretty bad)--> Sonic 3D Blast (pretty bad)--> Sonic R (awful, terrible garbage)--> Sonic Adventure (good to terrible)--> Sonic Adventure 2 (good to terrible)--> Sonic Advance (pretty good)--> Sonic Advance 2 (good to poor)--> Sonic Heroes (mediocre to bad)--> Shadow the Hedgehog (dogshit)--> Sonic Rush (pretty good)--> Sonic Riders (mediocre to awful)--> Sonic the Hedgehog 06 (dogshit)--> Sonic and the Secret Rings (poor to terrible)--> Sonic Rush Adventure (mediocre to bad)--> Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (I can't believe this game got a sequel)--> Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (dogshit, music is some of the worst music in gaming)--> Sonic Unleashed (Daytime levels were good but the werehog levels can fuck right off)--> Sonic and the Black Knight (dogshit)--> Sonic 4 Episode 1 (Mediocre to poor)--> Sonic Free Riders (just no)--> Sonic Colors (pretty good)--> Sonic Generations (great)--> Sonic 4 Episode Two (we didn't get a third episode for a reason)--> Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (pretty good)--> Sonic Lost World (mediocre to poor)

On the topic of Playfire rewards for today

100% Orange Juice has one easy achievement, and the rest are toughies. You can get one by opening card packs until you get a rare. I got one on my fourth try. The other achievements are mostly luck I believe.

War of Human Tanks: You can get all of the listed achievements in less than 30 minutes if you skip the dialogue. Once you beat the second level, go to free mode. And you can craft a daisy bomb that lets you blow up 75% of a map. Do that a few times and you finished up the other two achievements.

Also, Im not sure if this should be spoilered. Apologies if its a problemo.

I'll have to give that a shot (War of Human Tanks). Thanks.

Milamber

I missed AoE III! That's what I get for going out with friends all night.

EDIT: Also, Watch_Dogs is just 10 days away and still no Amazon/GMG Steam pages. Dare I push it until the final 3 days?

Pachimari

Guys, should I buy Titanfall or Crysis 3 regular edition?

Crysis 3 looks impressive and seems to be the game which pushes ones PC? But I like multiplayer shooters with a few (6v6) people.

jediyoshi

Crysis 3 looks impressive and seems to be the game which pushes ones PC? But I like multiplayer shooters with a few (6v6) people.

It really should just be between whether you want a multiplayer or singleplayer game at the moment. I'd go with TItanfall seeing as C3 sales aren't that rare.

Pachimari

It really should just be between whether you want a multiplayer or singleplayer game at the moment. I'd go with TItanfall seeing as C3 sales aren't that rare.

If you have to go between one of those two, go with Titanfall.

Well yeah, I already got Counter-Strike: Global Offensive but right now I'm totally into Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

I feel like I want something that pushes my new PC, but on the other side, I haven't completed Crysis 1.

The heck's that supposed to mean >_>;

Sega has released a few decent Sonic game's along with a bunch of crap ones so there's at least a basis for the Sonic Cycle.

People wanting to "believe" in Microsoft is beyond delusional because they have done nothing for the platform, outside of their work with the DirectX api, for a decade. So far we just have another talking head flapping its mouth bits in the yearly ritual about how important the PC gaming space is to Microsoft. They've been saying virtually the same thing since 2005. What have they actually done in that same time frame?

In short, i'll believe it when I see it and Microsoft actually backs up their words with some substantive action. Actually announcing when in 2014 they plan on adding driver support for the Xbox One controller would be a small start.

Tizoc

Sega has released a few decent Sonic game's along with a bunch of crap ones so there's at least a basis for the Sonic Cycle.

People wanting to "believe" in Microsoft is beyond delusional because they have done nothing for the platform, outside of their work with the DirectX api, for a decade. So far we just have another talking head flapping its mouth bits in the yearly ritual about how important the PC gaming space is to Microsoft. They've been saying virtually the same thing since 2005. What have they actually done in that same time frame?

In short, i'll believe it when I see it and Microsoft actually backs up their words with some substantive action. Actually announcing when in 2014 they plan on adding driver support for the Xbox One controller would be a small start.

It was mostly the last part of your quote that kinda got to me, but I get what you mean about MS.
I'm a blind optimist and the Halo games releasing on Steam would be my first foray into the franchise

Pudge

halo-2-halo-3-steam-group.jpg

BELIEVE

It was mostly the last part of your quote that kinda got to me, but I get what you mean about MS.
I'm a blind optimist and the Halo games releasing on Steam would be my first foray into the franchise

That would help round out the collection of the other 297 odd FPS on steam.

dani_dc

Noticed this in the Digital Devil Saga thread:

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/2nd-agarest-zero-dlc-bundle-comes-to-steam

Finally, some of you may remember talk of a new Japanese dungeon crawler that we’re in the process of bringing to PC, via Steam :) Well, with everything now finalised I’ll be able to reveal which one it is in next week’s blog. The game itself has never had a western release before, so we’re rather excited about it! :)

Ross from Ghostlight also mentions it was out on handheld first...
Brandish maybe?

No one should ever say "Digital Devil Saga", "SMT" or any other SMT related word in a Steam thread unless there's an actual announcement.

My heart just can't take those 5 seconds of hope/delusion and the pain that comes after.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Grief.exe

I missed AoE III! That's what I get for going out with friends all night.

EDIT: Also, Watch_Dogs is just 10 days away and still no Amazon/GMG Steam pages. Dare I push it until the final 3 days?

Just going to be a uplay key anyways.

Are they in sale right now?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
LOL are you serious with this boss fight in RE: Rev? some fat guy with infinite spawning mobs in the room?

haha fuck this piece of shit game, I was actually kinda enjoying it too, but fuck this shit. learn proper controls first capcom, then pull this kind of crap off

kurahador

LOL are you serious with this boss fight in RE: Rev? some fat guy with infinite spawning mobs in the room?

haha fuck this piece of shit game, I was actually kinda enjoying it too, but fuck this shit. learn proper controls first capcom, then pull this kind of crap off

Is it the one in the cafeteria area?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

They aren't infinite spawning, and once you figure out to really hurt the guy, it goes by quickly. Mind you there are just a huge amount of them so it feels like it's infinite, but you could, theoretically kill them all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They aren't infinite spawning, and once you figure out to really hurt the guy, it goes by quickly.

they never stop spawning, I call that infinite? so whats the trick then, because these controls and camera would be hilarious if it wasnt so frustrating

Is it the one in the cafeteria area?

yes

Relax.MX

The Rapture program from ATI just broked my PC(restart every 5 min, blue screen, etc.). I started the PC on Safe Mode and make a restauration 15 min. before rapture and everything is ok.

:( i miss you Nvidia, i miss my old 9800GT friend :( 21 of this month is my birthday, maybe maybe a new card :)

KenOD

they never stop spawning, I call that infinite? so whats the trick then, because these controls and camera would be hilarious if it wasnt so frustrating

yes

They do stop eventually, but obviously you don't want to wait that long and I doubt you will have enough ammo. Anyroad, you just have to cause the oxygen tanks to explode while he is near by them or use your own explosives like grenades.

You could also be cheap and just constantly go in and out of a window between a room and right outside of it, since the boss will have to run back around the door and you can score easy hits.

Rhaknar

They do stop eventually, but obviously you don't want to wait that long and I doubt you will have enough ammo. Anyroad, you just have to cause the oxygen tanks to explode while he is near by them or use your own explosives like grenades.

You could also be cheap and just constantly go in and out of a window on the second floor between the room and the balcony, since the boss will have to run back around the door for easy hits.

ive been using the barrles. guess he just has 5066'4840864098649 million health

edit: got him with that window trick, that was easy like that (cheesy tho). also, just rememebered this game has that scanning thing, I havent played it in weeks forgot about that. must have missed a bunch of items lol

KenOD

Well remember while he is stunned after a tank explodes near him you can perform a melee attack. Also his weak spot is the human head so make sure to aim for that when you are using regular bullets.

_hekk05

Banned
I'm making respectable headway into rushbros playfire rewards, but I feel like vomiting blood.

Will spend the dough on some nice indie games with the 25% coupon

I'm making respectable headway into rushbros playfire rewards, but I feel like vomiting blood.

Will spend the dough on some nice indie games with the 25% coupon

I managed to do the "clear the first stage without dying" and I was about done with it... I have no idea how to do it in under the time limit... the fact that the game randomly changes the rhythm of the traps makes me rage.

I liked Revelations but the boss fights weren't good. They were really frustrating. The last boss is awful. Boss mechanics spoiler -
He literally just walks, teleports and only has 1-2 attacks. He is also a massive bullet sponge. And can only be critically hit just before attacking you, by shooting his heart.

I found it so hard to go back to after playing Resident Evil 6 and its amazing evolution of tank controls.

Salsa

like.. the first "boss"?

just shoot the shit out of him and throw all your grenades and whatnot. Focus on him

I died once trying to go after the mobs and then figured it out. No need for such a knee-jerk reaction after the first boss like an hour into the game. RE: Revelations is good.

_hekk05

Banned
I managed to do the "clear the first stage without dying" and I was about done with it... I have no idea how to do it in under the time limit... the fact that the game randomly changes the rhythm of the traps makes me rage.

The rhythm of the traps are linked to the music currently playing. You can set your own custom playlist with music with very stable beats and it'll be a lot easier.

didamangi

Did no one claim this yet?

Kifimbo won it.

Modbot probably only edited the last post about the giveaway.

Actually the without dying achievements are a lot harder than under the limit ones. Just sllide and jump, slide and jump, slide and jump and you'll finished under the time limit.

Rhaknar

like.. the first "boss"?

just shoot the shit out of him and throw all your grenades and whatnot. Focus on him

I died once trying to go after the mobs and then figured it out. No need for such a knee-jerk reaction after the first boss like an hour into the game. RE: Revelations is good.

defending a 3ds game? shocking

game is alright, I said I was enjoying it, but that boss was horrible even after beating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom