• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be something if MS does release it on PC as well. Doubtful tho. They did the spartan assault thing. If they do it it won't be same day as Xbone lol probably several months after. They did talk a lot of smack about being dedicated to the PC and all that. So its put up or shut up time for them.

Or don't put up and don't shut up. That would be the third and by far the most likely option.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Haha, better not do it then XD

It was a joke. :p
referencing the fact that Valve continues to reject me when I send them my resume

There have been over 800,000 downloads to date, and I haven't heard of a single person being VAC banned for using it.

I've worked closely with Valve (their employees even use it) to make sure there isn't anything in it that's against the Steam Subscriber Agreement.

Download here

That would be something if MS does release it on PC as well. Doubtful tho. They did the spartan assault thing. If they do it it won't be same day as Xbone lol probably several months after. They did talk a lot of smack about being dedicated to the PC and all that. So its put up or shut up time for them.

They can put them,its old ports so there is no advantage keeping it on xbox one only.

ArjanN

Noticed this in the Digital Devil Saga thread:

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/2nd-agarest-zero-dlc-bundle-comes-to-steam

Finally, some of you may remember talk of a new Japanese dungeon crawler that we’re in the process of bringing to PC, via Steam :) Well, with everything now finalised I’ll be able to reveal which one it is in next week’s blog. The game itself has never had a western release before, so we’re rather excited about it! :)

Ross from Ghostlight also mentions it was out on handheld first...
Brandish maybe?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Added support for HowLongToBeat.com info on app pages
This doesn't have to do with the standalone version, but where is this? I can't find it anywhere... Also is there a way to check howlongtobeat info when you're viewing all the games in your library, like how you can see your achievement progress?

Microsoft is always late to the party though! They're the king at it.

I still believe
For people getting their hopes up. This is MS's various statements on their promise to PC gaming.

Sorry, but all MS is doing is blowing smoke up the ass of gullible people. So yea go ahead and get your hopes up and get excited. In a year or two when none of what they say comes to fruition...I'll pretend to act shocked.
They like to talk bullshit, a lot. I'm still waiting for Halo trilogy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This doesn't have to do with the standalone version, but where is this? I can't find it anywhere... Also is there a way to check howlongtobeat info when you're viewing all the games in your library, like how you can see your achievement progress?

You can see it on the right hand column of some of the store pages, it looks like this:

dm7noWu.png

HowLongToBeat doesn't have an open API, so I have to manually match games on their site to games on Steam in our database before it shows up. Right now I have about 600 of the most popular Steam games in there, but I admit that I need to update it.

Also, Enhanced Steam doesn't have something that can tally the total of all of your games, but I've seen some websites that can do that for you.

The problem is that not every game on Steam is on HowLongToBeat, so any "total time for your library" is going to be increasingly inaccurate based on the size of your library.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Noticed this in the Digital Devil Saga thread:

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/2nd-agarest-zero-dlc-bundle-comes-to-steam

Finally, some of you may remember talk of a new Japanese dungeon crawler that we’re in the process of bringing to PC, via Steam :) Well, with everything now finalised I’ll be able to reveal which one it is in next week’s blog. The game itself has never had a western release before, so we’re rather excited about it! :)

Ross from Ghostlight also mentions it was out on handheld first...
Brandish maybe?

For a second I was excited for SMT II or if... since I saw DDS. Then I noticed the "it was out on handheld first" part :(

Nabs

Anyone try out Cosmic DJ yet? I'm tempted to just jump on it.

ibdrt1Ra3x3fmL.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sequence -- MB-A30A1A78B80BDDCF - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.

t1400291875z1.png

Sorry if this key doesn't work. Let me know and I'll try to replace it with something else.

Nzyme32

I almost think they are purposely waiting now for the whole steamos thing to be more public or at least more of a thing they would need to act against. That would seem to be the perfect time for MS to suddenly be all pro windows gaming and slam down Xbox one controller drivers, the halo titles and maybe even some other windows only games and cause some "drama"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dark Scavanger (which looks kinda awesome) keys are up from the new years flying bundle (same bundle that had uprsing 44...yeeeeeeeeeeeah...)

Go to GMG
See some xcom games I feel I should finally pick up and try
Add to cart
See the price almost double because of where I live
Close the browser tab

God I'm sick of this type of thing.

more people need to play One Finger Death Punch
game's awesome

It gets old fast, but so do all of us. I agree it is best to play it before it is too late.

Pudge

It is awesome, but it can get tiring rather quickly. It's a game best played on short bursts.

Also, Child of Light, Starbound or Battleblock Theater. HELP ME DECIDE.

I'd say BattleBlock is the best out of those three, but I like platformers a lot more than Minecraft games and JRPGs.

Please take my games.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Last Baron, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-D1E05389662FCB0B
Capsized -- MB-5C63893601F24B34
Oil Rush -- MB-6FF65BCC77FA6A5B
Awesomenauts Cluck Costume -- MB-ACD9F6BD49BB586A

t1400276039z1.png

Pudge

Well I do like all three of those which is why this is so difficult.

I can't really speak for Child of Light at all, but I did get Starbound a while ago and there doesn't seem to be a lot to do compared to my experience with the similar Terraria. Both that and BattleBlock are better with friends to play with, but I feel like BattleBlock single player works better than Starbound.

Bluth54

They just need to get together with whoever bought the Rise of Nations IP and release Rise of Nations Gold Enhanced Edition on Steam and all will be forgiven by me.

Well maybe not all, but it will go a long way.

I almost think they are purposely waiting now for the whole steamos thing to be more public or at least more of a thing they would need to act against. That would seem to be the perfect time for MS to suddenly be all pro windows gaming and slam down Xbox one controller drivers, the halo titles and maybe even some other windows only games and cause some "drama"
A constant stream of support would have work better than that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got to chapter 2 in Dark Scavanger. what a weird little game, its cool tho

Wow, I just learned a new benefit of playing my games on PC -- I can use information about the processes to help farming go quicker.
3AQmK.gif

Complete Mad Warrior gear? Check!

louiedog

Anyone try out Cosmic DJ yet? I'm tempted to just jump on it.

ibdrt1Ra3x3fmL.gif

I played for about 45 minutes. I don't really have any knowledge about making music or talent in that area and didn't find anything difficult yet. I did however have a lot of fun and I can make jams that are at least pleasing to me to complete each level. It's got good personality and I like looking at it, despite the relatively simple visuals.

bkw

Holy carp! Won Killer is Dead. What a wonderful surprise to cap a not so fantastic week. Thanks a ton InfiniteNine!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Lol this Millennium new hope game is so cruel. You go into these little turn based duels..and sometimes enemies surprise you and kill you before you are ever able to attack/defend. Out of nowhere just BOOM dead! And once you die this screen comes up....

d4IKVJb.png

I decided to play Millennium A New Hope because of Playfire money and I've gotten all of the Playfire achievements for 3 Stars of Destiny. I pick normal mode because ehh, why not? I start exploring the town finding some orbs and random junk, encounter a few enemies that are really easy to beat. Then I find a little pile of rocks on a cliff edge and the main character says that there's something in the pile, and I say sure, it can't be that bad, what could go wrong?

Suddenly I get wrecked by around eight or nine rats.

I need to try harder, I guess.

3 Stars of Destiny is surprisingly not garbage, by the way. It's actually kind of good. Filled with what I would call awkwardness, but still good.

Nabs

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this.
giveaway.

Full Bore -- MB-A361CCDA5399CC1D - Taken by morningbus

Lets see if this works.

Uraizen

Banned
Quick question, I just got a dual monitor setup and need to know what the best solution for borderless windowed gaming is, please?

Tizoc

Oh wait, it's not out yet, I thought it was, I wouldn't have asked otherwise. :lol

Good to know anyway.

I need to resist the urge to buy this at D1. IT'S HARD.

Just get it man. Japanese games like this can use all the interest it can get. It's $20 ($18 for pre-order), which is a perfect price for it. Fuck your cheapness, if you want it cheaper try trading keys, but def. get it, it's my GotY 2013 and I enjoyed its combat and style.

so dxhr director's cut worth it?

Most definately, it's among my most played games of the past generation.

Enjoy
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Clickr -- MB-2FB4E344B1322798 - Taken by DocSeuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom