• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, I love Titanfall, but it feels like the game is slowly bleeding dry. Respawn's not doing enough, and it's doing it too slowly. I want to pick up the Season Pass, but I'm wary the game will be dead by the time the second or third map pack rolls out.

On a slightly related note, this talk of the Halo: Master Chief Collection has renewed hope that we'll be seeing a PC release too. Chances are slim, but dammit, they'd have all of my money. :(

i actually think that the xbone release of the halo games means we will never seen them on steam

I'd really like to:

269941-1200131145368.jpg

but I guess Walking Dead S2E0 (3? 4?) and Dark Souls 2 can wait for a day.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Debating whether to buy Stanley Parable now or wait until Summer Sale. It could be cheaper.

how good is stanley parable?

is it comparable to kentucky route zero (transcendent, beautiful, lynch meets coen brothers) or to the moon (eternal sunshine of the spotless mind written by a 12 year old anime fan, blehh)

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

is it comparable to kentucky route zero (transcendent, beautiful, lynch meets coen brothers) or to the moon (eternal sunshine of the spotless mind written by a 12 year old anime fan, blehh)

It's supposed to be pretty good. Humorous. It had a lot of GOTY nominations last year.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

It is the exact opposite of those, tone wise. It sets out to lampoon as much about gaming as we know it and have just kinda dealt with over the years and does a phenomenal job. Fourth wall breaking and self-awareness is its game. Give the demo a shot for an idea at the type of humor to expect - the demo itself is actually original content that isn't in the main game proper either.

koma

imho very good, it's more like an interactive surreal story than a "game" (there are no "puzzles" just exploration of the meta-narrative), but you really have to play the free demo, that demo is awesome (and as wrote by CheesecakeRecipe is like a short prequel with original content) i still keep it to show it to friends that still don't know the game... if you like the demo, you will love the complete game :)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I'm so tired of that 'hey my friend wants to trade with you' scam. Just reported another one.

I got added by a level 40 profile the other day, trying to scam me with the usual "hey my friend wants to add you" bs, but he was human not a bot, he was actually typing the messages himself.
I should have asked him why he does this but instead he got a "fuck off you russian slut" and insta defriended me

derExperte

Why do you all add people you don't know (I assume they're not GAFers)? If a name isn't familiar I check what groups/friends we have in common and 99% of the time hit the ignore button.

rtcn63

Why do you all add people you don't know (I assume they're not GAFers)? If a name isn't familiar I check what groups/friends we have in common and 99% of the time hit the ignore button.

Why else? The illicit prospect of potential sex with strangers (who also game).

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

If you're doing trading you're forced to add randoms, because a lot of them forget or don't bother to post in your trade thread. I only reject low level private profiles and if anyone looks suspicious to me I always check their steamrep page and ask them to post in my thread

hohoXD123

Trading, a lot of people just add you to make things easier. Can't say I've had anyone dodgy add me yet, kinda jealous now...

Darkroronoa

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-F0B196DDD7C23BA5 - Taken by Kiru. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-6EDC96C610A959EA - Taken by Vazduh. 1 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-4AB356F0DE371080 - Taken by Leg-End. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-F67B1911690DC5FF - Taken by ReduxMachine. 1 entrants total.
Slip -- MB-31F0E93FEF94A654 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.

t1400330928z1.png

Some extras

Caerith

As for why, I like having a varied community feed. As for who, I generally accept anyone who has common friends or (non-"join this to get in the beta") groups, which means I now have friends who are GAFers, friends who are friends of GAFers, friends who are friends of friends of GAFers, and friends who are Paul Erdős.

Whenever people say they have real friends to play with on steam I always get a little sad.
Most people I know are F2P plebs who only play LoL and Candy Crush, few people actually play the games we play, and fewer buy them. I can count the people who actively game on Steam with one hand.
ugh. this is one thing i don't like about pc gaming. online communities are kinda wack for non-valve games.
???

Everyone on my friends list is from SteamGAF aside from like 3 people.
no one I know games on PC.
I have 5 people I know in real life. The majority are SteamGAF, and others from different forums.
Still have an invite I sent to someone I know who apparently has trouble signing on Steam. He never set up his steam account properly lol. Invite is still sitting there 5 years and still going.

Turfster

Was this posted yet?
This should clear up the "is g2a (and its sisters like kinguin) a good place to buy games from" question once and for all for the people that still doubted us naysayers =p

Was this posted yet?
This should clear up the "is g2a (and its sisters like kinguin) a good place to buy games from" question once and for all for the people that still doubted us naysayers =p

If they have a leg to stand on legally, they should go after G2A directly. Cancelling already sold keys is just hurting the customers that probably didn't know any better and just saw a good deal. I don't think that is the right thing to do.

Not everyone knows that they are unauthorized resellers and sites like G2A are heavily promoted on a lot of deal sites.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Oh I wasn't aware Transistor is coming out in three days, I may jump in day 1 since I loved Bastion so much.

hohoXD123

If they have a leg to stand on legally, they should go after G2A directly. Cancelling already sold keys is just hurting the customers that probably didn't know any better and just saw a good deal. I don't think that is the right thing to do.

Not everyone knows that they are unauthorized resellers and sites like G2A are heavily promoted on a lot of deal sites.
Agreed, then again it would act as a greater deterrent for future potential customers, compared to them leaving it as it is until they can shut sites down. Could just threaten to cancel future keys, but even then...

I don't know man. I would imagine the subset of people who know enough to find these sites/deals but don't know that they're key resellers would be very small.

Not that those folks deserve to get screwed. In most cases, these sites have decent support and refund policies because, after all, they live and die by their reputations. They would rather just refund customers who have problems because they constitute a tiny fraction of their user base.

Zafir

The problem is, G2A, and Kinguin are marketplaces for all intensive purposes. I mean Both G2A and g2play/7 Entertainment(Owner of Kinguin) do sell some of their own keys, but they're only a small part of the site.
Is this site legit?

http://www.mygamekeys.net/

Was checking for a Dead Space 3 price that beats the current origin sale and came across it.
Considering it has a VPN guide, I can safely say that's an unauthorised reseller. An authorised reseller would never ask you to use a VPN to redeem a key.

I don't know man. I would imagine the subset of people who know enough to find these sites/deals but don't know that they're key resellers would be very small.

Not that those folks deserve to get screwed. In most cases, these sites have decent support and refund policies because, after all, they live and die by their reputations. They would rather just refund customers who have problems because they constitute a tiny fraction of their user base.

If you google "buy Dead Space key" for example, the first hit for me is a site that aggregates offers from key resellers. How often do you see people come here and ask if a certain reseller is legit? Maybe the subset is small, but so is the amount of people who buy from these sites in the first place.

I'm not defending key resellers, I just think it's a problem analogous to piracy and devs/pubs should either go for the sites directly or just deal with it by offering a better product/service than those sites do.

Is this site legit?

http://www.mygamekeys.net/

Was checking for a Dead Space 3 price that beats the current origin sale and came across it.

Cool timing. No it's not an authorised reseller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom