• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rhythm of the traps are linked to the music currently playing. You can set your own custom playlist with music with very stable beats and it'll be a lot easier.

Yeah, I realized that, but it's weird because the traps doesn't really match the baseline and such, so it becomes weird trying to figure out how they're going to move.

I thought about your idea, but I don't have any music whatsoever on my gaming PC, so I'm not quite sure how I would handle that ...

corn_fest

some humble bundle bits and bobs that I already had / didn't want:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts Cluck Costume -- MB-B5E859D57EC61220 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Little Inferno -- MB-DB9C4F0272D8C63B - Taken by Shalashaska
Dear Esther -- MB-7BA07C33F348E3F6 - Taken by Pop
Shank 2 -- MB-962CD13A390A4905 - Taken by Saty
Awesomenauts -- MB-4DB839249EF663FE - Taken by schwupp
Bit.Trip Runner -- MB-3D628603FEEE2A6C - Taken by _hekk05
Hotline Miami -- MB-B068540CFAD37F26 - Taken by Alduin

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Revelations is pretty forgettable to the point I can't even remember most of it despite having beaten it recently. I kinda just went on auto-pilot about two hours in.

Revelation's reception makes me realize most people didn't actually play the original games and have no clue what old school resie is like. It's a pretty meh action game that simplified the melee system from 5 and has none of the incredible mobility options from 6 yet is just as action packed. The flashback sequences are death.

Still, when you consider it was a handheld game I think it's incredibly impressive.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone knows the order of the penumbra games off the top of their heads?

Overture would be the best if it didn't often become hilarious as you flail around with the mouse melee controls.

Of course now I realized that was a chronological ordering but my comment still stands.

Reckoner

I bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut thinking that it would upgrade my current version, so now it is double on my Steam library. Does that mean Trading Cards and Achievements are separated? Also, I bought it thinking it would make the vanilla game better, but I also see different opinions. Which one is better?

I bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut thinking that it would upgrade my current version, so now it is double on my Steam library. Does that mean Trading Cards and Achievements are separated? Also, I bought it thinking it would make the vanilla game better, but I also see different opinions. Which one is better?

Two completely separate games, separate achievements and I think only the Director's Cut has cards. The Director's cut contains everything and the DLC is properly integrated into the story. The boss fights are also improved, more options.

Two completely separate games, separate achievements and I think only the Director's Cut has cards. The Director's cut contains everything and the DLC is properly integrated into the story. The boss fights are also improved, more options.
But you can no longer cheese Namir with a takedown.

Milamber

Most Japanese titles are very bad on their followup fixes/patches on PC. That hasn't really changed till now. I'm more inclined to believe that once a Japanese game is released on PC it's WYSIWYG.

Anteater

meh, I'll just try the custom resolution patch even though it didn't work for me before.

damn it capcom konami

edit: got it to work

ALLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

_hekk05

Banned
New CSGO playfire moneys

Counter Strike: Global Offensive - play for the first time - £0.10
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - unlock The Unstoppable Force - £0.10
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - unlock War Bonds - £0.10
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - unlock Magic Bullet - £0.10
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - unlock Shot With Their Pants Down - £0.10
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - unlock Blitzkrieg - £0.25
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - unlock Head Shred Redemption - £0.25
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - unlock Variety Hour - £0.25
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - unlock Participation Award - £0.50
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - unlock Bunny Hunt - £0.50
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - unlock Expert Marksman - £0.50

Much better than rush bros'

Tellaerin

I managed to do the "clear the first stage without dying" and I was about done with it... I have no idea how to do it in under the time limit... the fact that the game randomly changes the rhythm of the traps makes me rage.

How do you clear the first stage without dying, anyway? Is there some sort of alternate route you can take to bypass that one section where you need to die to open a gate?

_hekk05

Banned
How do you clear the first stage without dying, anyway? Is there some sort of alternate route you can take to bypass that one section where you need to die to open a gate?

just search rush bros + achievement name on youtube, and follow instructions. Might take a few tries, but not dying usually requires you to just slowly do the level.

derExperte

defending a 3ds game? shocking

game is alright, I said I was enjoying it, but that boss was horrible even after beating it.

I never beat the last boss on 3DS. Come to think of it I hate most RE boss fights. Actually I hate most boss fights no matter what game. But mostly the RE ones. And Rev in general was nothing more than okay, way too much action to be a throwback to the old games.

I never beat the last boss on 3DS. Come to think of it I hate most RE boss fights. Actually I hate most boss fights no matter what game. But mostly the RE ones. And Rev in general was nothing more than okay, way too much action to be a throwback to the old games.

The Jill parts are great, wish there was a mod to skip the other parts though.

Javier23

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thomas was Alone -- MB-0D44BF4598BB2E0F
Little Inferno -- MB-AD36ABE592AA3463 - Taken by Majukun. 1 entrants total.

t1400331642z1.png
Couple of spares.

derExperte

ugh. this is one thing i don't like about pc gaming. online communities are kinda wack for non-valve games.

Too many examples to list that prove otherwise while players have abandoned major console games fast as well (see Killzone:SF), Titanfall just hasn't enough content and longevity, compared to successful mp games it feels severly gimped.

_hekk05

Banned
Better hurry if you want to play Titanfall, looks like it's already dying. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...es-two-modes-from-titanfall-pc-playlists.aspx

What? So instead of maybe finding out how to make these modes more popular, or maybe tweaking matchmaking, they actually just flat out remove the modes??

Server browsers should never have been removed. There would always be one or two servers dedicated to the weird unpopular modes in most MP games I played.

Yeah, I love Titanfall, but it feels like the game is slowly bleeding dry. Respawn's not doing enough, and it's doing it too slowly. I want to pick up the Season Pass, but I'm wary the game will be dead by the time the second or third map pack rolls out.

On a slightly related note, this talk of the Halo: Master Chief Collection has renewed hope that we'll be seeing a PC release too. Chances are slim, but dammit, they'd have all of my money. :(

Tellaerin

Better hurry if you want to play Titanfall, looks like it's already dying. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...es-two-modes-from-titanfall-pc-playlists.aspx

"CTF and Pilot Hunter have not been widely used modes on the PC version," the blog post reads. "Players trying to access these modes had overlong wait times to find other users and it was making for a poor experience."

You know what makes for an even poorer experience, guys? Trying to access those modes only to discover that they're no longer there.

sheaaaa

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

1000 Amps -- MB-7CBF4B69A29CD7E2 - Taken by derExperte
Escape Goat -- MB-1EC0AACAB1995F29 - Taken by Copons

Couple of spares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom