• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

I still hold hope that RDR PC will happen eventually, same with Dragon's Dogma PC... and the return of Wheelman.

capcom is probably working to balance dragon's dogma and making it the best possible port ever.

They will also announce dino crisis and devil may cry 5 at e3, and rival schools in tgs

These are things I actually believe in, and I'm holding on to the feeling

Sober

R* added this to GTA4's store page some months ago:

The 30-day notice period is fast approaching so we'll know soon enough.
It might be because I'm extremely jaded these days but does anyone actually ever give the 30 days notice? These are video game companies we are taking about.

Audette

It might be because I'm extremely jaded these days but does anyone actually ever give the 30 days notice? These are video game companies we are taking about.

I've seen plenty of articles talking about EA/Konami/gamespy server shut downs, and they are always a month or two ahead of the actual turn off point. but your probably right that some companies don't always post the games that get deactivated

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sounds like some great games.

RDR I played through on the PS3 back in 2010, but since it was with a mate I didn't really have the chance to run around the place and do all the side-missions. Dogma I've not played at all since it's more recent and I haven't touched my own consoles since Gears 3 released in 2011 (which, true to form, I ultimately didn't finish) -- in other words, because I've been holding out for a PC release -- but I like what I've read of it in LTTP threads and such.

Edit: Oh, and Wheelman I've not played, either, but that probably goes without saying.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What the fuck, NBA2K14 has a CD key and wants me to make an online account to start the game?
It's much less offensive than the way PES2013 handled it. At least it doesn't force you in every time you play the game. And you can even change resolution in-game! What a concept!

Blizzard

Banned
I just went through what was hopefully all 100 likely sales on the main Steam page to see if any of them were labeled daily.

I didn't find any. Maybe some special Steam sale starts tomorrow instead. :p

JaseC

I can't think of any other examples where a notice period was supposed to be given. Squeenix yanked Order of War: Challenge from user libraries coincident with the announcement that the servers were to be shut down, but I don't think the decision was telegraphed beforehand -- it just happened.

Tizoc

It should be expected since one of the later levels they included was based on Sonic 06. Might as well have thrown in a level from Shadow the Hedgehog while they were at it.

I liked the first few levels because they were reimaginings of levels from the old 2D games. The other few levels were okay but just didn't have the same charm to me. Shame there wasn't a level based on CD instead of just having Metal Sonic as a boss fight.

The Sonic 06 level isn't that bad but overall Generations is among the best Sonic games.
It does have a kickass theme though.

JaseC

So will the online just get taken down or will the game be unplayable past that point? :/

GTA4 supports offline (local) profiles, meaning the SP component will still be accessible post-closure, but that's not exactly an ideal solution. If the game is to be left in its current state I wouldn't be surprised if it's pulled from sale in the near future just to save R* a lot of support headaches.

Nabs

I don't know if it's a recent 8.1 update, Steam update or GeForce Experience update, but Steam likes to crash while playing certain VAC enabled games. Fun times.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I don't know if it's a recent 8.1 update, Steam update or GeForce Experience update, but Steam likes to crash while playing certain VAC enabled games. Fun times.

I'm running an older revision of 8, not on the latest nvidia driver and I still get the VAC game crash. I'm pretty sure this is a client issue. Wonder if switching to beta will fix it.

Milamber

I'm running an older revision of 8, not on the latest nvidia driver and I still get the VAC game crash. I'm pretty sure this is a client issue. Wonder if switching to beta will fix it.
Friend of mine is on a 7 32-bit on a laptop and plays L4D2 with steam beta and gets a crash from time to time. Though I believe it has more to do with the crap malware he has all over it.

A bit OT CheeseCakeRecipe but, I am nearly done with vol. 1, with a lot of start/stops, and have a terrible headache, but I still love it. It needs a lot of proof reading though. There are parts that go way into Duwang territory.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
A bit OT CheeseCakeRecipe but, I am nearly done with vol. 1, with a lot of start/stops, and have a terrible headache, but I still love it. It needs a lot of proof reading though. There are parts that go way into Duwang territory.

Glad you're enjoying it! We've heard similar complaints about the manner of certain aspects of the book and are taking them into consideration. Our original goal was to preserve Miss Hasegawa's formatting and tone to the T as best we could but some of the techniques she uses do not work as well in English. I added some embellishments like the italicized text for internal thoughts which helps clarify but still isn't the best solution.

We'll be rethinking the strategy come Vol 2 time, should it continue to be an issue.

Anteater

yeah after shuffling through a bunch of games, deus ex human revolution and dark souls 2 will be the games I'll stick to, pretty fun stuff.

Darkroronoa

What the fuck is going on with the hammerwatch "bundle".
It HAS to be a joke,its like they said:
"People say our bundles are shit lately so lets make a joke bundle that it will be literally the worst bundle that ever existed"

Also, no steam daily? what is the meaning?

HoosTrax

At this point I think I've bought more of Bundle Stars' bundles than Humble Bundles.
I've bought a pretty sizeable number of Bundlestars ones, but in terms of % of offered bundles bought, Blink is probably the highest for me, and Indie Royale the lowest.

JaseC

And Outrun 2006 C to C. I need me some more Sega blue skies/saturated colors.

I'd love to see OutRun return but unless Sega greenlights another entry in the series and therefore reacquires the Ferarri licence it's not going to happen. :( Wheelman has a small chance of returning, though, since the game is owned by WB, which recently announced an intention to dive into its collection of Midway IPs, and I can't imagine that getting Vin Diesel to sign off on a re-release would be particularly hard.

JaseC, I already saw that avatar. I want something new :p

She'll be attenting Cannes tomorrow! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. :p

The three pack on Hammerwatch is a good deal. It's an interesting experiment at least. To see how group buys affect single purchases. Game also looks pretty neat.

Arthea

100% Orange Juice online is dead right at the start. I tried four times, couldn't find a game.
Oh well, thankfully it has singleplay. Still haven't gotten single rare card, damn, does my luck has to be on duty 24/7? Would be nice to have a break at times. (._.)

Anteater

I'd love to see OutRun return but unless Sega greenlights another entry in the series and therefore reacquires the Ferarri licence it's not going to happen. :( Wheelman has a small chance of returning, though, since the game is owned by WB, which recently announced an intention to dive into its collection of Midway IPs, and I can't imagine that getting Vin Diesel to sign off on a re-release would be particularly hard.

Sumo is working on a racing game with wide range of vehicles, maybe it's a game that uses the Ferarri license!

Turfster

The three pack on Hammerwatch is a good deal. It's an interesting experiment at least. To see how group buys affect single purchases. Game also looks pretty neat.

It's a 4 pack for 8$ basically (you still get the BTA tier, which is now so close to tier 3 it might as well not exist). Still a weird choice.

Arthea

I've bought a pretty sizeable number of Bundlestars ones, but in terms of % of offered bundles bought, Blink is probably the highest for me, and Indie Royale the lowest.

Indie Royale got somewhat better lately, it's still hit or miss, but I bought couple of bundles there with games from my wishlist. It's sorta expensive when you buy a bundle for one game, I must admit that much. Blink was good so far and groupees got worse, it was my favourite and hope it'll get back on track.
I feel that HB is lost cause, though.

JaseC

Indie Royale got somewhat better lately, it's still hit or miss, but I bought couple of bundles there with games from my wishlist. It's sorta expensive when you buy a bundle for one game, I must admit that much. Blink was good so far and groupees got worse, it was my favourite and hope it'll get back on track.
I feel that HB is lost cause, though.

I find that Indie Royale is best for Greenlight stuff, alongside Greenlight-specific bundles from other outlets (most obviously Groupees' BAGB bundles).

I still hold hope that RDR PC will happen eventually, same with Dragon's Dogma PC... and the return of Wheelman.

Never say never. I sure wasn't expecting to get Enslaved after all this time. More and more console games are getting ports, you never know.

It should be expected since one of the later levels they included was based on Sonic 06. Might as well have thrown in a level from Shadow the Hedgehog while they were at it.

I liked the first few levels because they were reimaginings of levels from the old 2D games. The other few levels were okay but just didn't have the same charm to me. Shame there wasn't a level based on CD instead of just having Metal Sonic as a boss fight.

Shadow is a much more enjoyable game than 06 was, still laughably awful - but in a less offensive fashion. I'ld honestly of taken a Westopolis or Digital Circuit over any 06 level but alas. That said I hear a lot of people liked Generations' Crisis City.

Arthea

I find that Indie Royale is best for Greenlight stuff, alongside Greenlight-specific bundles from other outlets (most obviously Groupees' BAGB bundles).

agreed, couple of their greenlight bundles were really good, 8th was nice, if my memory serves me right.
I agree that groupees picking your games bundle is even better idea, but lately they don't do those anymore, it's a pity really.

edited: oh, RDR talk is back. It still doesn't make sense that it's not on PC, excuses aside. Dragon Dogma no less needs to be on PC.

edit2: talking about HB single game bundles. How is that a bundle? Shouldn't it be, idk, HB spotlight daily HB game or something?

Koeta

hm still no daily steam sale, maybe it's a sign of a spring sale starting monday (tomorrow) (^_^)

I know I'm just dreaming but hey, a man can dream!

JaseC

sexy saoirse is back

<3

Still no daily? what the hell Valve? D:

Optimistically you might say that it's indicative of an imminent sale period, but I doubt that. I do expect Valve to stop ignoring Spring at some point, but I think it's too late into season to expect a Spring Sale this year. March strikes me as the most likely candidate, since it fits nicely between the Winter Sale in December and the Summer Sale in July, plus last year's Indie Sale was held in March.

Never say never. I sure wasn't expecting to get Enslaved after all this time. More and more console games are getting ports, you never know.

Yeah, definitely. Enslaved was a nice surprise and is a title you can point to and say, "Stranger things have happened", haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom