• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSF4:AE appears to have Steam achievements now.

T0F4lmq.png

Well obviously, they're going to port all their GFWL games to steamworks and port Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen to the PC as well, which will have steamworks.

Oh god, please let this actually happen.

Well obviously, they're going to port all their GFWL games to steamworks and port Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen to the PC as well, which will have steamworks.

Oh god, please let this actually happen.

Dragon's Dogma always looked interesting, but I've never had a console that can play it. If Deadly Premonition, of all things, can get ported then Dragon's Dogma certainly can.

By the way, what is the difference between DD and DD: Dark Arisen? I've never been clear on what the latter actually is.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Dragon's Dogma always looked interesting, but I've never had a console that can play it. If Deadly Premonition, of all things, can get ported then Dragon's Dogma certainly can.

By the way, what is the difference between DD and DD: Dark Arisen? I've never been clear on what the latter actually is.

Extra area and DLC, if I'm remembering correctly.I think it's basically a GOTY edition kinda deal? Maybe the extra area wasn't DLC at some point.

I don't own the game myself so I could be wrong, but DD: DA is to Dragon's Dogma what
USF4 is to SF4.

It's basically the same game with new content and a lot of bug fixes, but instead of releasing an expansion pack, its a "new" game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its so cute every year when the steam thread thinks there will be PC announcements at E3, as if PC is even a twinkle in publishers eyes during the E3 console wankfest

Tizoc

its so cute every year when the steam thread thinks there will be PC announcements at E3, as if PC is even a twinkle in publishers eyes during the E3 console wankfest

This is GAF.
We excel at building hype and occasional hyperbole.
Just blindly get hype and accept any disappointment with a 'lol' like I always do~

Anteater

Dark Arisen is a new release that contains the vanilla game with additional contents and a new dungeon to explore (which has its own story and an end game boss), there are some small changes to the game and I think it contains the DLCs as well. So yea it's like the ultimate edition. So there's no point in getting the original, you will want to get Dark Arisen.

Darkroronoa

New IndieGala Monday Bundle is Live.
https://www.indiegala.com/weekly

Very good deal for a dollar, all the steam games have cards and all of the steam games are decent (i havent played 99 spirits but i read good things about it). i really liked ether vapor and war of the human tanks is nice too (did not played it a lot though). Vanguard princess is nice for a couple hours.

I think i might grab it for 99 spirits and the desura games.

Extra area and DLC, if I'm remembering correctly.I think it's basically a GOTY edition kinda deal? Maybe the extra area wasn't DLC at some point.

Dark Arisen is a new release that contains the vanilla game with additional contents and a new dungeon to explore (which has its own story and an end game boss), there are some small changes to the game and I think it contains the DLCs as well. So yea it's like the ultimate edition. So there's no point in getting the original, you will want to get Dark Arisen.

I don't own the game myself so I could be wrong, but DD: DA is to Dragon's Dogma what
USF4 is to SF4.

It's basically the same game with new content and a lot of bug fixes, but instead of releasing an expansion pack, its a "new" game.

Thanks for the response everyone!

This info leaves me conflicted. On one hand, I'm glad developers remaster their content like that, and on the other it seems like a blind cash grab. Porting it to PC would probably help sway me to the former... (You know what to do, CAPCOM!)

Edit

New IndieGala Monday Bundle is Live.
https://www.indiegala.com/weekly

F.Y.I. the Heileen greenlight link doesn't work.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
buying the bundle for the greenlight stuff, 1 buck /shrug. spares inc

edit: ugh indiegala started doing the connect to steam shit like humble

Thanks for the response everyone!

This info leaves me conflicted. On one hand, I'm glad developers remaster their content like that, and on the other it seems like a blind cash grab. Porting it to PC would probably help sway me to the former... (You know what to do, CAPCOM!)

I really do wonder if CAPCOM have any reason why they haven't ported it to the PC other than "Piracy". It really does sound like a game built for the PC crowd.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So how does Indiegala work? It is the first time that I buy a bundle from them. There are no Steam keys for the games of the bundle on the profile page. Will they send them out later?

I really do wonder if CAPCOM have any reason why they haven't ported it to the PC other than "Piracy". It really does sound like a game built for the PC crowd.

Maybe they tried bringing it to PC, but brought it to "Stean" instead of "Steam." (We all know what Capcom is like.)

After the abysmal sales on Stean, they deleted it from the Internet forever.

RIP Dragon's Dogma, you left us too soon.

MUnited83

For you.
So how does Indiegala work? It is the first time that I buy a bundle from them. There are no Steam keys for the games of the bundle on the profile page. Will they send them out later?

No keys anymore, they replaced it for the Humble method of connecting your steam account and activating it directly. Seems they forgot to put the "redeem" button there but that should be solved quickly.

Rhaknar

No keys anymore, they replaced it for the Humble method of connecting your steam account and activating it directly. Seems they forgot to put the "redeem" button there but that should be solved quickly.

says on top right to redeem games connect to steam. I assume with the gift links we just paste the URL on modbot like humble

MUnited83

For you.
says on top right to redeem games connect to steam. I assume with the gift links we just paste the URL on modbot like humble

Well, yeah, that's exactly was I was saying. You can connect to steam, but when you do nothing will happen yet. There's no redeem button just yet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Here goes nothing... hope this works. Games are Indie Gala links.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

99 Spirits -- MB-1323BEB6F2BEDA04 - Taken by bobnowhere
Vanguard Princess -- MB-83E2D60C57622463 - Taken by Kiru
War of the Human Tanks -- MB-DB803FB17CF06A10 - Taken by Benedict
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-1A23C2B5D97A2BB7 - Taken by arts&crafts

EDIT: looks like whoever wins these may have to wait for Indie Gala to make "redeem" links on their page.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Yeap, redeem links are not there when I login through Steam. I also tried gifting the games to myself but they didn't get added to my account

Rhaknar

i would buy that TMNT for that price on steam with mah card moneyz :(

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

This is what the prodcer said, two years ago:

PC?

At the moment, we don't have any plans to release a PC version - it's just a bit difficult with the whole pawn system and the borrowing and lending.

From this interview.

It sounds like bullshit or ignorance at first blush, since it's hard to believe the netcode is doing something unmanageable on Steam. You wouldn't think he'd be thinking of a non-Steam release where they'd have to make their own server infrastructure since he should be aware of what solutions the PC Resident Evils used, but maybe he had nothing to do with their PC releases?

dani_dc

Hmm. Tanto Cuore does pique my interest a bit. I'll check it out the next time my club meets. (Also tabletops games really have to be played in person for that feel)

Though why hire maids when I can have my own dominion?

Yeah, I agree with this, I only started playing them recently (Thanks college class that opened my eyes to tabletop games), but playing them virtually is a completely different (and inferior) experience than playing them physically.

With that said, I'm interested in TableTop simulator only because it's so difficult to get players together to play games, thankfully I found some local groups that have regular events, which I'm hoping to start to attend during summer.

Kiru

Here goes nothing... hope this works. Games are Indie Gala links.

EDIT: looks like whoever wins these may have to wait for Indie Gala to make "redeem" links on their page.
Thanks for Vanguard Princess. Will try to redeem it when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom