• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have a case of JaseC Syndrome

9CsYMFM.png

I am really only going to play Race To The Sun

Ruruja

Pity its a truly awful game, certainly the worst I played for a long time. Awful repetitive sound, dull environments, invisible and inconsistent barriers in the middle of the environments, and also generic tripe.

That's never stopped SteamGAF before. :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
(And happy birthday, bobnowhere!)

Happy birthday, bobnowhere!

New IndieGala Monday Bundle is Live.
https://www.indiegala.com/weekly

I now know what it feels like to buy a game for $8 right before it's bundled. So salty right now. Might as well buy it for the other games I don't have, even if one is developed by Winterwolves, plus might finally play a Desura game, for reasons.

What was the character designer thinking when he designed this character?

This only makes me want to buy this bundle even more.

Humble store has Hammerwatch for $1.99 again...just in case for those not wanting that tempted HB being offered for the next hour.

I don't think I understand Humble Bundle anymore.

Also fuck spider images.

Quick:

Chivalry, Risk of Rain, Outlast, Nidhogg, Hammerwatch, Shadow Warrior or Jericho?

I like all kinds of genres mind you.
Not to be a party pooper but contrarily to the above recommendations I found Risk of Rain kinda bland.

I do recommend Shadow Warrior '13 and Chivalry wholeheartedly though.

So Halo got Gamespy removed, and a slew of other fixes.
Can it be put on Steam already? =p
Wowza, they fixed the camo for Nvidia users that was only in place because of the terrible FX 5000 line of cards.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Quick:

Chivalry, Risk of Rain, Outlast, Nidhogg or Jericho?

Jericho is garbage

Nidhogg is a fun game that is best played in local co-op, problem is that it's ridiculously overpriced. I personally played it for a couple of hours, had my fun and got quickly bored of it, can't say that I got my money's worth

Risk of Rain is a nice Roguelike. IMO it's not better than Isaac, Spelunky, Rogue Legacy or FTL but if you like those games you're gonna enjoy it

Outlast is awesome. It is legitimately scary and the AI is very impressive and puts other AAA stealth games to shame.

Chivalry is a very good multiplayer game. It's pretty easy to get into and chopping off the body parts of other players never gets old. It goes on sale all the time though, so if you do not plan to play it right now, there's no harm in waiting

OH FFS. Just Release Halo on steam already.

But then what are they going to do with whatever incredibly shitty followup they have to GFWL then when Halo can be had by the filthy residents of steam? i mean, making 70% of something is worse than making 100% of nothing, right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But then what are they going to do with whatever incredibly shitty followup they have to GFWL then when Halo can be had by the filthy residents of steam? i mean, making 70% of something is worse than making 100% of nothing, right?

EA might know the answer to that. ;)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully this works and I didn't mess it up. If the keys don't work for whatever reason, just tell me and I'll fix it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

99 Spirits -- MB-5AACE0FF2229186B - Taken by VikasNarula. 16 entrants total.
War of the Human Tanks -- MB-56B98BE46433CB96 - Taken by -MD-. 9 entrants total.
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-55C52808F2B712DC - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.

t1400532896z1.png

Copons

Quick:

Chivalry, Risk of Rain, Outlast, Nidhogg, Hammerwatch, Shadow Warrior or Jericho?

Maybe the fact that Chivalry is online multi only could help you reduce the choices.

but, at least some months ago, its online was truly great, and the community was kinda easy going, playing mostly for fun

EDIT: also 3 minutes to the next HB disappointment yay

Authority

Banned
Nah, the dlcs will preserve your sanity as the game attempts to force you grind to oblivion for materials in order to upgrade your gear to non-shitty levels (and that's when it's not forcing you to fight 5 uninspired, identical battles back to back to reach the next cutscene).

No, it really isn't. As far as gameplay is concerned it's very much at the bottom of the barrel. If japan's quality trpgs were on steam this wouldn't even get a mention.

After watching Agaste: Generation of War I am more inclined to play that version. Really dig up the artwork there because of my personal taste and artwork is very important to me.

Generally I have a very particular taste when it comes to RPGs.

RPGS

Final Fantasy series - Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy XV
Star Ocean series - My best rpg game until now.

Action/Adventure-RPGS

The Witcher
Mass Effect II
Shin Megami series - Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga and Devil Summoner 1&2 (PS2)
Phantasy Star - Portable version

Tactical/Turn-based RPGS

Gungnir
Disgae
Agarest: Generation of War
Front-Mission 4
X Monolith

Dungeon Crawlers RPGS

Unchained Blades
Demon Gaze
Etrian Odyssey Untold

Special mentions to The Moon, Corpse Party and Always Sometimes Monsters, Kodoku.

*Some of them I have not played but I am 100 percent confident they will be my favorite RPGS of all time.

Give me the best RPG in the world but I will still play the next Star Ocean. I didn't like Final Fantasy Tactics at all and disliked Ogre Tactics as well. I couldn't get into Bravely Default at all nor with Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner portable version; I couldn't get into Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series at all no matter how much I wanted to I couldn't pretend to like the college theme. Tried Skyrim and Dragon Age (1&2) and same story. Even tried Mass Effect III but to be honest I couldn't give a fuck about its story line for some reason.

If we go into action/stealth/FPS games then God help me. Only liked so far Dishonored, Onimusha 1&2(you guessed right; hated 3 with passion), Sleeping Dogs, Red Dead Redemption, Zone of Elders and will probably love Destiny and Killer is Dead with No more heroes. So yeah I know it is odd calling Agaste one of the best turn-based RPGS because it is not, but for my taste it perfectly suits me.

And I do apologize for the long-semi-off-topic post.

This is some text to allow me post this quote.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-7D0C3C00E7FA0E6B - Taken by nature boy. 1 entrants total.

t1419984000z0.png

_hekk05

Banned
Road to Champion

Day 2
lvl40/38

only 12 job levels to go before I can become a monk. Also got a free unfailable +7 refining saved up for the 3 slot knuckle duster I'll get when I change jobs.

With my int (needed to make heal not useless), I think I'll either go occult impact/asura monk or combo/asura monk. Biggest priority now is to get dex up so I stop missing shit.

Also did holy light quest for shits and giggles

Copons

If they pull a 10$ fixed price Hammerwatch re-re-re-re-bundle I swear to god I'm buying it.

EDIT: LOL WUT AHAHAHAHAHA this is probably the funniest one EVAH

Continuing to plow through my Steam backlog, I will start Batman Arkam Asylum today when I get home from work. Is there anything I need to know beforehand? Combat tips? Missable items? Things to look out for/avoid? I know very little about the game other than it's a action/adventure game I think.

Road to Champion

Day 2
lvl40/38

only 12 job levels to go before I can become a monk. Also got a free unfailable +7 refining saved up for the 3 slot knuckle duster I'll get when I change jobs.

With my int (needed to make heal not useless), I think I'll either go occult impact/asura monk or combo/asura monk. Biggest priority now is to get dex up so I stop missing shit.

Also did holy light quest for shits and giggles

The best MMO ever.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Guilty Gear Isaka for $1, I'll bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom