• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beat the entire game blind on NG, then came back in NG+ to mop up all the things I missed.

Nice. That's my goal. In my quote, I meant trying to "platinum" not trying to "play" DS1, being a grind.

This game seems to have achievements tied to story arcs of NPCs, and I want to keep this play through with minimal guidance. Those always have a lot of meeting up with them at certain places at certain times.

Holy crap the Indie Gala bundle has Eve Burst Error.
Guess it's based off the Saturn version(?).
All the H-scenes must have been removed.

I saw the SEGA logo in the trailer on indiegala and got confused. Than I googled for the title and the stuff I found was pretty lewd.

Even more confused about the whole thing now.

Lomax

The Forest OT is done, I'll probably put it up this evening.

Need help with titles.

i0GM2tblvl7yj.png

The Forest |OT| Can't See the Trees

wilflare

hmm strange question
but how are the PC Ports of
- Devil May Cry 4
- DmC
- Metal Gear Rising?

on a good PC, would the graphics/textures/framerate be much better?

and also all the AssCreed games (I remember asking this before)
am I better off w the console versions or should I just play on PC for all the games

GaussTek

I was finally going to bite on this daily Humble because of Guilty Gear Isuka, but it looks like it's bad. You saved me a dollar, thanks guys! :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm strange question
- Devil May Cry 4
- DmC
- Metal Gear Rising?

am I better off w the console versions or should I just play on PC for all the games

all great ports

Grief.exe

hmm strange question
- Devil May Cry 4
- DmC
- Metal Gear Rising?

All excellent ports, the only knock against Rising is it can't go above 1080p without mods.

No idea about the Assassin's Creed games, but you would probably be better served with the PC version anyways.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Go with the PC versions, although if you have a PS4 I'd make an exception of Black Flag.

Pachimari

Jericho is garbage

Nidhogg is a fun game that is best played in local co-op, problem is that it's ridiculously overpriced. I personally played it for a couple of hours, had my fun and got quickly bored of it, can't say that I got my money's worth

Risk of Rain is a nice Roguelike. IMO it's not better than Isaac, Spelunky, Rogue Legacy or FTL but if you like those games you're gonna enjoy it

Outlast is awesome. It is legitimately scary and the AI is very impressive and puts other AAA stealth games to shame.

Chivalry is a very good multiplayer game. It's pretty easy to get into and chopping off the body parts of other players never gets old. It goes on sale all the time though, so if you do not plan to play it right now, there's no harm in waiting

Jericho) I were thinking of Jericho purely of getting games which are no longer on Steam.

Risk of Rain) I already have Spelunky, Isaac, FTL and Rogue Legacy but I haven't started any of them yet, so maybe I'm full on that genre for the moment then.

Outlast) I have on PS4 but would be nice to play with m/k.

Chivalry) I loved the melee combat online in the free weekend.

Thanks for all the recommendations to everyone, I have read them all.

Anteater

hmm strange question
- Devil May Cry 4
- DmC
- Metal Gear Rising?

They're all great interms of performance, metal gear rising has a resolution cap but you can patch it. Performance is better on PC because there were some slowdowns on console.

DmC is better on PC because the console version runs at 30fps.

Devil May Cry 4 PC is the definite version with additional turbo and legendary dark knight mode (but I'd like to say the 360 version was pretty good too, even though you get slowdowns at certain spot but I think it's rare).

Don't know about ass creed games

hmm strange question
- Devil May Cry 4
- DmC
- Metal Gear Rising?

DMC4 isn't a dramatic difference but it's an altogether flawless port and looks excellent. Plus it has a PC-exclusive difficulty that features insane enemy counts(oh and turbo mode too).
DmC is a huge improvement. The PC version can run at 60+ fps compared to the consoles which run at 30 or less.
MGR I'm not so sure about (don't own it). The console versions have really dodgy frame-rates(sub 60) so if you can lock that down then yeah it's an improvement.

Evrain

all great ports
Agreed. I am playing with MGR:R right now (damn, the Jetstream Sam DLC is tough as nails in Hard Mode) and must admit Platinum Games did a spectacular job, in spite of japanese devs being traditionally not too well versed in PC coding.

As a sidenote, I'm delighted to see just how many japanese devs are now aware of the western market now that Steam is becoming more and more widespread in the land of the rising sun. Treasure must have been dumbfounded by the massive fanbase of Ikaruga, Kojima-sama wants MGS on PC, even doujin shmups developers are pondering publishing on Steam (Astro Port, Yotsubane, Edelweiss, Platine Dispositif). If only Sega and Konami would pay more attention we could have Bemanis, Bayonetta and the like... *sighs*
And don't tell me you've never dreamed of Taiko no Tatsujin 12 on Steam.

P.S.: thanks for Vanguard Princess Sammichu!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Terra

I also have that question. My 360 is stashed away and the only thing I play is on my so-so laptop (i5 with a GTX 560m and a 360 pad). I wonder if I should unpack my 360 or if I am fine going with the PC versions of AssCreed?

Dr Dogg

Jumping on the forest style puns.

The Forest |OT| If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of a big surprise.

Yeah, yeah I know if says woods and is the opening line to The Teddy Bears Picnic. Sue me :p

sprinkles

Some spares, 99 Spirits is really good, a great game to play while watching TV.

Edit: Hmm, it seems ModBod does not like IndieGala links?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Realms of Arkania Blade of Destiny -- MB-B081DBEDDCFAF370 - Taken by Myshkin

AHA-Lambda

AAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssss

Isuka is ASW's attempt at making a plane-switching fighter/brawler ala Treasure's efforts(Guardian Heroes, YuYu, Bleach DS). However it's totally undermined by awful controls.

That dollar is better spent on some tic-tacs or a bag of doritos.

well that's another bundle not bought then.

Instructions for Gunstarheroes:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

click

War Of The Human Tanks -- MB-4312DEEAB381CC1F - Taken by -MD-

sprinkles

I forgot the "-", stupid me. Spares ahead!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

99 Spirits -- MB-58738CE12254A790 - Taken by bornlivedie
Vanguard Princess -- MB-0C1FC5860E87579F - Taken by pahamrick
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-4B105F1DD0D27C0A - Taken by jmizzal

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
PSA- Toribash, which is free on Steam, has a £0.10 Playfire reward for playing it for the first time.

Doesn't hurt that it's a decent game to play with friends, from what I remember from it a long time ago.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ro is on steam, and chaos server has like 2k+ populations at all times. Join meeeee

i couldn't possibly handle the grind

all ro i've played has been on like pirate servers at like 5x exp

much better really

ro was da fucking bomb at one point in argieland

Here are some extras.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

War of the Human Tanks -- MB-0C01B76FED05A755 - Taken by harrypmgaga
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-7600DCF300AE6EBF - Taken by Vastag

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Rush Bros. Jeez. I think the two or three achievements I managed to grab are about all I can take. I think I'll give it a day or so before I try again.

Sulla1980

Okay, now that Humble has Kentucky Route Zero on sale for half price, I am really close to pulling the trigger. I love the art, so I just need a few more positive impressions to push me over the edge.

There is no way to buy a single episode, correct?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Just a heads up

The developers of Robot Rescuers have fixed the "eligibility" bug that didn't allow you to get your Steam key a few days ago, so if you are a part of the official group of the game you should visit this link to claim your copy.

They same developers are making another game (Heavy Fire Afghanistan) that is currently on Greenlight and they are running the same promotion, so if you join the official group, you will be entitled to a free copy once the game hits Steam

Here's a copy of the game for those that missed out on the promotion.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Robot Rescuers Revolution -- MB-4B476A9AAC10BF47 - Taken by VikasNarula

Okay, now that Humble has Kentucky Route Zero on sale for half price, I am really close to pulling the trigger. I love the art, so I just need a few more positive impressions to push me over the edge.

There is no way to buy a single episode, correct?

Great game. The wait between episodes is a little painful, but they've been worth it. I actually just finished Act III last night and it's my favorite one so far.

*EDIT* They took away the option to buy individual episodes after the first Act. I don't think that option was very popular.

Majukun

i was thinking..there's on steam a game all about making decision and those decision actually matter?
kinda like the walking dead series ,but with your decision actually making a difference in how the story develops?
i hoped walking dead was this kind of game,but after trying the first episode,the freedom of choice seems only a deception

wilflare

thanks for the response guys, appreciate it. (didn't quote everyone but I've read all your replies :D) just hope to have the definitive experience. at least for the multiplatforms (and where no portable version is available)

is Tomb Raider PC upgraded to include the improved textures/stuff from the console DE versions?

Go with the PC versions, although if you have a PS4 I'd make an exception of Black Flag.

hmm. I was kinda thinking of getting the AssCreed collection (where they have all the games + Revelations/Brotherhood) on my PS3 :/

there's
AC1
AC2
ACBrotherhood
ACRevelations
AC3
AC4

AC Liberation HD

hmm how's the ACIV port - or how bad is it? should I just play it on the PS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom