• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing to plow through my Steam backlog, I will start Batman Arkam Asylum today when I get home from work. Is there anything I need to know beforehand? Combat tips? Missable items? Things to look out for/avoid? I know very little about the game other than it's a action/adventure game I think.
No prior knowledge necessary really, just hop right into it. Oh I would recommend playing on normal at first, because hard removes the combat cues.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Continuing to plow through my Steam backlog, I will start Batman Arkam Asylum today when I get home from work. Is there anything I need to know beforehand? Combat tips? Missable items? Things to look out for/avoid? I know very little about the game other than it's a action/adventure game I think.

Just enjoy the ride. AA is a wonderfully paced game. Just go with it and you'll be happy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im struggling to find something witty to say about the humble bundle, so Ill just stick with the classic:

lol

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Humble Bundle is seemingly going for an all new low each day that passes. Some of the joke bundles people were posting earlier were actually better than this one.

Zafir

Lol, another Vanguard Princess.....

Guess Ill just get the minimum. VP is a waste, and I already have Blade Symphony as well...

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: A-ha. If I click through the gift link, I get my keys, because... ??? I'm totally confused by what went on here, I'm certain I didn't select it as a gift bundle. Whatever.

On the key redemption page, to the left of the game title, click the box that has the text asking you to link your steam account. It should link you to the appropriate steamcommunity link.

IndieGala needs to make this process clear.

LMAO at Vanguard Princess being BTA in humble bundle when it's $1 in Indie Gala.

The Saga continues.

I assume Indie Gala never asked for permission from Vanguard Princess. Because HB seemed a bit more planned. But I assume that the rest of the games on indie gala are there with consent since they have a new release to promote.

Volimar

im struggling to find something witty to say about the humble bundle, so Ill just stick with the classic:

lol

9cXi1.gif

Terra_Ex

Road to Champion

Day 2
lvl40/38

only 12 job levels to go before I can become a monk. Also got a free unfailable +7 refining saved up for the 3 slot knuckle duster I'll get when I change jobs.

With my int (needed to make heal not useless), I think I'll either go occult impact/asura monk or combo/asura monk. Biggest priority now is to get dex up so I stop missing shit.

Also did holy light quest for shits and giggles

Don't tempt me into playing this game again, man, I used to play an Acolyte back in the Beta 1 days, the exploits possible with the warp portal ability and packet-editing resulted in some good times. It also taught me how much of a timesink mmorpgs are which is why I no longer play them ;)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Just kick back and enjoy one of the greatest series to come out of last gen.

No prior knowledge necessary really, just hop right into it. Oh I would recommend playing on normal at first, because hard removes the combat cues.

Just enjoy the ride. AA is a wonderfully paced game. Just go with it and you'll be happy.

Just kick back and enjoy one of the greatest series to come out of last gen.

Ok thanks. I've heard good things about it and I also have the sequel — won both of them from Steam-GAF raffles. :D Thanks for the playing on Normal tip.

Dr Dogg

Has Humble let some interns take over for a week? Is this some crazy new strategy to make their up coming bundles look better? I don't know what to think when they have a BTA game on offer that one of their competitors has up for $1. Surely these guys have some form of communication going on so not to look silly if someone has a better offer coming up or on at the same time.

Turfster

Has Humble let some interns take over for a week? Is this some crazy new strategy to make their up coming bundles look better? I don't know what to think when they have a BTA game on offer that one of their competitors has up for $1. Surely these guys have some form of communication going on so not to look silly if someone has a better offer coming up or on at the same time.

They're selling games themselves for less than they cost in the bundles, so... I don't know.

Copons

As for missable items: there are none. You'll be able to catch everything even after you completed the game (in fact it's even better, as you'll be annoyed by less-to-none enemies).

MUnited83

For you.
I assume Indie GAla never asked for permission from Vanguard Princess. Because HB seemed a bit more planned. But I assume that the rest of the games on indie gala are there with consent since they have a new release to promote.
This is the third time Vanguard Princess is on indiegala. I really doubt they didnt ask permission.

how is guilty gear isuka?

AAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssss

Isuka is ASW's attempt at making a plane-switching fighter/brawler ala Treasure's efforts(Guardian Heroes, YuYu, Bleach DS). However it's totally undermined by awful controls.

That dollar is better spent on some tic-tacs or a bag of doritos.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Mario Kart 8.

Someone has to buy it.

I'd buy it, but then I wouldn't have enough funds in the "console games are expensive fund" for future console releases that I care more about. Mainly X.

For the love of god, don't. It's a terrible 'game', something like a completely soulless, childishly depressing version of To the Moon.

It's that bad? Well, there goes that one from the to buy list.

Sammichu

Few extras from todays Indie Gala bundle :3

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sammichu:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Vanguard Princess -- MB-CB0CFF68432D2C4B - Taken by Evrain. 3 entrants total.
War Of The Human Tanks -- MB-01CB1DE10DAC17BC - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 4 entrants total.
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-A015678EFFCC73AB - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.

t1400524485z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Road to Champion

Day 2
lvl40/38

only 12 job levels to go before I can become a monk. Also got a free unfailable +7 refining saved up for the 3 slot knuckle duster I'll get when I change jobs.

With my int (needed to make heal not useless), I think I'll either go occult impact/asura monk or combo/asura monk. Biggest priority now is to get dex up so I stop missing shit.

Also did holy light quest for shits and giggles

wow this really takes me back

loved dat archer class

ro was awesome

Anteater

this looks pretty cool

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1027299776/witchmarsh

A refreshing mix of modern and classic RPGs, with branching dialogue and responsive, tactical combat.
Play singleplayer or with friends in 2-4 player Co-op.
Dripping with Jazz Age style, featuring music by Francisco Cerda, composer on Gunpoint and Jamestown.
A massive character creation sandbox with over 50 unlockable abilities* across five spellbooks. Mix and match attributes, perks, items and weapons to create a unique team of adventurers. Or simply use one of the many templates to dive straight into the action.
A game for seasoned RPG fans as well as players new to the genre. Optional bosses and challenges for those brave enough to seek them out.
Over ten* playable characters. Watch your choice in personalities result in conflict, friendships, wisecracks... romance?
A dynamic hidden item system ensures no two trips to Witchmarsh are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom