• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Did you not have to travel to Drangleic Castle on NG++ to buy a few spells?

Yep.

I felt that part of the design was quite frustrating. In Dark Souls 1, they locked some spells behind the first level of covenants.

You could either participate in the covenant, or they allowed you to farm up the required materials by just going through the main game.

In Dark Souls II you would have had to get over 500 kills in a PVP situation just to get one of the spells.

_hekk05

Banned
i couldn't possibly handle the grind

all ro i've played has been on like pirate servers at like 5x exp

much better really

ro was da fucking bomb at one point in argieland

I'm pretty sure its running at a slightly elevated rate. I got to lvl 40 in 2 days (they have really easy levelling quests now).

Some update called renewal changed everything, so the game even feels new. Plus I haven't experienced 3rd job before

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm pretty sure its running at a slightly elevated rate. I got to lvl 40 in 2 days (they have really easy levelling quests now).

Some update called renewal changed everything, so the game even feels new. Plus I haven't experienced 3rd job before

hmm interesting

i've never gone past second job (hunter/priest/wizard were my favorites) but i remember grinding dem cards at like 0.05% drop rate on pirate server and that's kind of depressing

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just a heads up

The developers of Robot Rescuers have fixed the "eligibility" bug that didn't allow you to get your Steam key a few days ago, so if you are a part of the official group of the game you should visit this link to claim your copy.

They same developers are making another game (Heavy Fire Afghanistan) that is currently on Greenlight and they are running the same promotion, so if you join the official group, you will be entitled to a free copy once the game hits Steam

Here's a copy of the game for those that missed out on the promotion.

how do you join the group? I dont see the game on steam

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
how do you join the group? I dont see the game on steam

The Robot Rescuers group is closed and doesn't accept any other members.
Heavy Fire Afghanistan on the other hand is open to everyone.

Both games aren't on Steam yet, Robot Rescuers is currently going through certification and will hit the store in a couple of weeks while Heavy Fire is still on Greenlight

Nabs

Gunpoint has a new engine and they are beta testing Steam Workshop Support

Info here

We’re nearly ready to release an update for Gunpoint that’ll add Steam Workshop support to let you share your custom levels, and hopefully fix any remaining technical issues people are having with the old build.
Before we send it out to everyone, it’d be helpful if you guys could give it a try and see if you encounter any issues. Here’s how:

1. Right click Gunpoint in your Steam menu and click Properties.
  2. Go to the Betas tab, and under ‘Enter access code’ type: workshopbeta
  3. You should now be able to choose the Steam Workshop Beta from the list there.
  4. Click close, and Gunpoint should update. Might take a second before the download starts.
  5. While you wait, join this Steam group.
You need to be a member of that group for Steam Workshop to work in this beta, but it won’t be necessary once the update goes public.

Ruruja

That's weird. I just logged on to Desura and about 20 games have suddenly appeared in my library, they're all ones I own on Steam, yet I've never registered them on Desura.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Gunpoint has a new engine and they are beta testing Steam Workshop Support

Info here

- Option to turn off swearing. Up to you whether this makes “Grow a ####ing #### and shove it up your ###” kid-safe.

- Level editor. The level editor has been in there since launch, but some people still ask for one so I’m just going to keep announcing I’ve added it until everyone knows it’s there.

hahaha

Grief.exe

For anyone who has already voted, what is the current percentage results for Outlast vs RE4?

http://blog.playfire.com/2014/05/playfire-rewards-resident-evil-4-vs.html

Poll---Rewards-Head-2-head_Playfire-blog-banner_NEW+(2).jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hmm how's the ACIV port - or how bad is it? should I just play it on the PS4?

Performance was decent initially, but the PhysX patch also added ApeX-based cloth physics, which, unlike PhysX, cannot be disabled. I'd opt for the PS4 version if you have anything less than an overclocked 2500K and a higher-end 6xx card.

wilflare

Performance was decent initially, but the PhysX patch also added ApeX-based cloth physics, which, unlike PhysX, cannot be disabled. I'd opt for the PS4 version if you have anything less than an overclocked 2500K and a higher-end 6xx card.

I have a i5-4570 (non K) and a 280X
doubt PhysX will work for me right.

Dr Dogg

For anyone who has already voted, what is the current percentage results for Outlast vs RE4?

http://blog.playfire.com/2014/05/playfire-rewards-resident-evil-4-vs.html

Poll---Rewards-Head-2-head_Playfire-blog-banner_NEW+(2).jpg

RE 4 - 38% Outlast - 61% when i checked. Moreover where's the missing 1%?

Apparently, Outlast has some tough achievements

http://i.imgur.com/UaiTF4N.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I don't know if PlayFire/GMG just pick a range of achievements based on completion and tally up the awards based on there percentage achieved or if they are actively going after SAM users now. Hey maybe both.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Didn't the outlast achievements get added recently? I got the game on launch and I don't remember it having any

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a i5-4570 (non K) and a 280X
doubt PhysX will work for me right.

Yeah, PhysX on AMD cards is a lost cause. Flip a coin -- on the PC you'll get a slightly prettier game, but the PS4 version is 1080p and holds 30fps with surprising consistency.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Didn't the outlast achievements get added recently? I got the game on launch and I don't remember it having any
Yeah they were a recent addition. Since it's a single play through type game and came out a while back it's not really surprising most people don't have any achievements.

Random Dark Souls 2 question:

Pertains to optional boss with achievement tied to him:

When dealing with Vendrick, the Giant's Souls you have make him take more damage -- in the first playthrough, you could max at 5 to make him "easier" because there are 5 available in the world. How does this stack with NG+? If I go after him in NG+ with 6 giants souls (I didn't get the one in black gulch, two of the memories, or the one from the ancient dragon this time around), will he be easier/harder than he was on my first time through?

Grief.exe

Random Dark Souls 2 question:

Pertains to optional boss with achievement tied to him:

When dealing with Vendrick, the Giant's Souls you have make him take more damage -- in the first playthrough, you could max at 5 to make him "easier" because there are 5 available in the world. How does this stack with NG+? If I go after him in NG+ with 6 giants souls (I didn't get the one in black gulch, two of the memories, or the one from the ancient dragon this time around), will he be easier/harder than he was on my first time through?

Only 5 count against his defense.

StAidan

- Option to turn off swearing. Up to you whether this makes “Grow a ####ing #### and shove it up your ###” kid-safe.

- Level editor. The level editor has been in there since launch, but some people still ask for one so I’m just going to keep announcing I’ve added it until everyone knows it’s there.

hahaha

lol. Being a family type of gamer myself, I definitely prefer my games kid-safe, but that filter doesn't quite do the job for me.

I did enjoy the game though, one of my favorites out of the ones I've played this year.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Chompy Chompy key is out on groupees and the site is down?

ibdF4J6trPniWc.gif

AndyD

aka andydumi
Quick question on Steam Home Streaming. How beefy does the receiving machine have to be for a 720p or 1080p image? And can I use a bluetooth controller on the receiving machine?

Okay, now that Humble has Kentucky Route Zero on sale for half price, I am really close to pulling the trigger. I love the art, so I just need a few more positive impressions to push me over the edge.

There is no way to buy a single episode, correct?
its the best game of last and this year. and its the only game JaseC has ever reviewed

Dr Dogg

lol. Being a family type of gamer myself, I definitely prefer my games kid-safe, but that filter doesn't quite do the job for me.

I did enjoy the game though, one of my favorites out of the ones I've played this year.

I like the way Brutal Legend handles it. During the opening scene the game asks you at 2 points if you want to hear swearing and see gore and blends them into the scene. But again that bleeping doesn't quite cover the offending word.

I think Gears of War of all games had one of the better implementations. For unintentional comedy value the EU and JP versions of No More Heroes just look bizarre without oddles of bloody and some of the bosses look silly after you've killed them.

Vlad

Alright, got Risk of Rain as well.

This is seriously a golden age of gaming.

Indeed it is. While there's a lot of crap floatin around on Steam, there are some serious diamonds in there if you can find them. I got Risk of Rain on a whim after discovering that I could actually sell all those steam cards that I'd been accumulating, and proceeded to sink over 70 hours into it.

Quick question on Steam Home Streaming. How beefy does the receiving machine have to be for a 720p or 1080p image? And can I use a bluetooth controller on the receiving machine?

If it's a DX11 game it doesn't need to be SUPER beefy but it needs at least a midlevel graphics card. Also, you need either a really, really good wifi setup or you need to have it all wired because I've found that your connection is going to be the biggest factor when it comes to inhome streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom