• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
JmndvFO.jpg

iBEwT7tEC0X2B.gif

Miguel81

I'd put liking Rush Bros right up there with animal torture among the early signs of being a serial killer.

So, basically it a sure-fire way to find out if I have a "dark passenger".

Edit:
Indiegala has Doujin game bundle
Vanguard Princess
99 Spirits
Human Tanks 1
Ether Vapor Remaster
Duplicity
Heileen
Bionic Heart
Eve Burst Terror

Is at least one of these worthwhile?

I was about to ask about RU pricing, but it seems you answered that.

Yeah, I got one of those, I just listed it, but it hasn't sold. :\

Wink wink, nudge nudge?

The first four are. A decent fighter, shmup, VN strategy game (that has playfire rewards currently), and uh, whatever 99 spirits is (but people seem to like that too). If I didn't have any of them, I would have bought the bundle... but the desura "doujin" stuff that's left over doesn't really interest me, greenlight or no.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Edit:
Vanguard Princess
99 Spirits
Human Tanks 1
Ether Vapor Remaster
Duplicity
Heileen
Bionic Heart
Eve Burst Terror

Well, Vanguard Princess made me $1.30ish in card money, so I would say yes. Human Tanks doesn't seem too bad, OST is decent at least.

You might want Eve Burst Error on your Desura account for reasons.

Edit:
Vanguard Princess
99 Spirits
Human Tanks 1
Ether Vapor Remaster
Duplicity
Heileen
Bionic Heart
Eve Burst Terror

Ether Vapor is not too bad as a shooter.

99 spirits and Human Tanks are also worth a quick look. Two of those "you'll probably hate them but you might also LOVE THEM" type of games.

Vanguard Princess also has its... charm. Also anime cards, so you will get your money back.

Miguel81

Well, Vanguard Princess made me $1.30ish in card money, so I would say yes. Human Tanks doesn't seem too bad, OST is decent at least.

Ether Vapor is not too bad as a shooter.

99 spirits and Human Tanks are also worth a quick look. Two of those "you'll probably hate them but you might also LOVE THEM" type of games.

Vanguard Princess also has its... charm. Also anime cards, so you will get your money back.

Good info, and it's only $1 so it's worth getting. I'm trying to keep my Steam games list lean, so I'll youtube them for a bit just to see which ones I should giveaway.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
99 spirits seems ok so far. Definitely different. I mostly bought that bundle for Ether Vapor so the extra games (that have cards) are just a nice addition.

Cth

It's about time I give something away again and so here we go. Please note that these are for the Xbox 360 and not Steam. As far as I know they should work, but they were from a promotion last year (McDonald's or Doritos or something) and so I can't guarantee they're still valid, though I expect they are.

They're no longer valid. I found one the other day and it expired in March or something I believe.

Grief.exe

All of the Transistor achievements directly from the Registry app. I spoiler tagged the boss names, though they really don't mean much right now without context.

• "name": "AchCompleteIntro",
  • "name": "AchDefeat
    Sybil
    ",
  • "name": "AchTerminalUse",
    Spine
    ",
  • "name": "AchUserLevelA",
  • "name": "AchFightLimitersA",
    AsherGrant
    ",
  • "name": "AchCompleteStory",
    Royce
    ",
  • "name": "AchInspectFunctionsA",
  • "name": "AchUnlockAllFunctions",
  • "name": "AchInspectFunctionsB",
  • "name": "AchSandboxSurvival",
  • "name": "AchUserLevelB",
  • "name": "AchUnlockAllLimiters",
  • "name": "AchSelfCombo",
  • "name": "AchUnlockAllMem",
  • "name": "AchFightLimitersB",
  • "name": "AchTurnDamageA",
  • "name": "AchSandboxCheckmate",
  • "name": "AchInspectFunctionsC",
  • "name": "AchMaxFunctionSlot",
  • "name": "AchSandboxOneEach",
  • "name": "AchUnlockAllSlots",
  • "name": "AchTurnDamageB",
  • "name": "AchInspectLimiters",
  • "name": "AchSandboxTimed",
  • "name": "AchCompleteNewGamePlus",
  • "name": "AchSandboxShowdown",
  • "name": "AchUserLevelC",
  • "name": "AchSandboxAll",
  • "name": "AchFightLimitersC",
  • "name": "AchSandboxEndless",

I tried the first version of Oculus Rift today.

It was a cool experience but damn, the resolution on this thing was REALLY low. I played some tech demos for like 20 minutes and got really dizzy.

I'm still dizzy actually and I stopped playing like an hour ago D:

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Somebody has to ask the tough questions around here, so here goes: Which game would you personally call worse, Rush Bros. or Serious Sam? >.>
Man.

I played more of Serious Sam than Rush Bros, though my co-op partners can attest that, by the end, my play style could best be described as "rush bros."

But if I were trapped on an elevator with the two games and a gun with 3 bullets, I'd shoot myself twice and save a bullet for my ghost.

r3n4ud

Man.

I played more of Serious Sam than Rush Bros, though my co-op partners can attest that, by the end, my play style could best be described as "rush bros."

But if I were trapped on an elevator with the two games and a gun with 3 bullets, I'd shoot myself twice and save a bullet for my ghost.

When I gift you Serious Sam 4, not only will you play it but you'll 100% it. Because you know, it'll be a gift and you're obliged to.

Stomping Land is releasing on May 30th as well? I thought that title was a long ways off still. Both have very similar concepts.

31st, but yeah basically the same time.

The Forest looks more polished but... well dinosaurs. So will be interesting to see not only which game is better, but which game is more "early access".

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
31st, but yeah basically the same time.

The Forest looks more polished but... well dinosaurs. So will be interesting to see not only which game is better, but which game is more "early access".

Isn't stomping ground just another multiplayer shooter with dinos?

Parsnip

Glanced at the SSF4AE achievements and the list looks the same as the 360 version. Was sort of hoping that they would add some new stuff there while they were in the code, but I guess 58 achievements is plenty already.

Blink and Clash extras:

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

1000 Amps -- MB-27E85DC6C7BFFEB7 - Taken by mannerbot
Overcast -- MB-7CAEEF69F3CED723 - Taken by PossumMeat
Eschalon Book II -- MB-E30DEA60FD447E85 - Taken by oipic
Demolition Inc. -- MB-A708E00FC4C745E3 - Taken by FiveElementNinja

BTW, steams keys are up for Chompy Chomp Chomp and Radical Roach for Groupees BM9 and BM8 respectively.

... i'm going to craft the badge.

probably the easiest one ever.

I crafted a level 1 badge when it first got cards. Shortly after that, there were enough cards in the CardTrades bot inventory to craft at least 3 or 4 more. I thought about going for it, but I didn't have enough cards I was willing to sacrifice for them.

wilflare

Yeah, PhysX on AMD cards is a lost cause. Flip a coin -- on the PC you'll get a slightly prettier game, but the PS4 version is 1080p and holds 30fps with surprising consistency.

hmm I think I won a UPlay key for ACIV PC :X
I am really trying to scale down and consolidate my gaming systems :/
and sigh guess AMD/ATI really isn't the choice for gaming GPU :/

on a separate note, none of the humblebundles are worth it right?
even the weekly one... the only missing game for me is Fly'N

Grief.exe

hmm I think I won a UPlay key for ACIV PC :X
I am really trying to scale down and consolidate my gaming systems :/
and sigh guess AMD/ATI really isn't the choice for gaming GPU :/

AMD is a phenomenal choice right now for price/performance in the GPU market.

The 270/280 release really put Nvidia on their heels in terms of pricing. I believe they even cancelled a card due to the 290's peicepoint and performance.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

The daily isn't worth it unless you want the Guilty Gear game for $1, but supposedly it isn't good. Since you own everything in the weekly other than Fly'N, it's not really worth it. The Doctor Who bundle might be worth it if you're a fan or want to become a fan of the franchise, but it's all comics.

maneil99

AMD is a phenomenal choice right now for price/performance in the GPU market.

The 270/280 release really put Nvidia on their heels in terms of pricing. I believe they even cancelled a card due to the 290's peicepoint and performance.
What card would that be.

Grief.exe

What card would that be.

I honestly don't remember, but it was a very expensive card they had planned on releasing for a long while. The 290 release put the performance to shame and made the price look like a scam.

This also happened fairly recently. Maybe someone will be able to provide some more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom