• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

TheForest_Rabbit.gif
TheForest_Blondy.gif

It looks amazing.

Jesb

Does Windows 8.1 have a history of compatible issues with modern games? Bastion all of a sudden won't detect my controller. It was working before now it doesn't. All I did was add bastion as a tile to the start screen just to test out the feature and see how it looks, now this is the only game that doesn't detect a controller. I deleted the bastion tile and also deleted steam as a tile but it still won't work. :(

Does Windows 8.1 have a history of compatible issues with modern games? Bastion all of a sudden won't detect my controller. It was working before now it doesn't. All I did was add bastion as a tile to the start screen just to test out the feature and see how it looks, now this is the only game that doesn't detect a controller. I deleted the bastion tile and also deleted steam as a tile but it still won't work. :(

That's strange -- I have win 8.1 and Bastion always worked fine with my controller. What kind of controller is it -- the more details you provide, the better we can try to help. :)

Jesb

That's strange -- I have win 8.1 and Bastion always worked fine with my controller. What kind of controller is it -- the more details you provide, the better we can try to help. :)

Razr xbox 360 controller. It was working fine last night. Now ever since I messed around adding tiles it's screwed it up now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A couple of spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Scavenger -- MB-985D52249248BB71 - Taken by Gez
Radical Roach -- MB-73B443815BFC120C - Taken by topyy

Salsa

scorsese's face in that new avatar coupled with the "some spares" comment and the games being offered having names like "RadicalRoach" makes jase look like some sort of steam patriarch that's feeding toilet water to the plebes whil they watch as he gets his riches that will eventually drive him into a mad king that'll take his own life with a boomerang or kangaroo kick. or maybe I just havent slept

JaseC

scorsese's face in that new avatar coupled with the "some spares" comment and the games being offered having names like "RadicalRoach" makes jase look like some sort of steam patriarch that's feeding toilet water to the plebes whil they watch as he gets his riches that will eventually drive him into a mad king that'll take his own life with a boomerang or kangaroo kick. or maybe I just havent slept

Please, don't be ridiculous.

I'll take my own life with a kangaroo boomerang.

fantomena

Just received my Wolf Steam review code. Better late than never.

Also, Transistor embargo lifts when the game releases if people wonder.

Edit: Fuck. Wolf is 40 GB. Not that it is a problem to me, have enough HDDs, but it will take long time to download. :(

aku:jiki

Wee, had a boss run in Risk of Rain. I ended up with like 50 items, with ridiculous rate of fire and damage, 25 drones and missiles fired every time I fired, etcetera. I think I may have had at least one of every (non-useless) item. I was lapping it for my last few artifacts but the game got ridiculous and unplayable after about 160 minutes; there'd be so many enemies dying so quickly, spawning so much money, that everything just dropped to 10fps constantly. Was rocking the Commando, because he benefits so much from Soldier's Syringe, and I had the Command artifact on. I did, indeed, farm Boar Beach for like half an hour but it yielded very few chests above white anyway. Unlocked two more characters and several achievements! Command really kind of breaks and simplifies the game... Now I just need to find Glass too so I can completely break it down.

I guess Command is screwing with my perspective, but the game really does feel quite a bit simpler and easier than a lot of its genre buddies. I'm only at 15 hours played and I only have like one difficult thing left to do (beat the first 3 levels without taking damage)...

Got to the first Terror Mission in X-Com: Enemy Within annnnnnnd that's a good point to call it quits for the night. I look forward to using and abusing the save/load system tomorrow. Pretty sure if I fuck this up I'll lose South Africa's support on the council. Been trying to get a satellite over a couple of different countries to lower their panic levels but I couldn't get the satellite uplink built fast enough and now this has happened.

MUnited83

For you.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

CT Special Forces -- MB-E813CC41A54CAC0A - Taken by nature boy. 5 entrants total.
Super Killer Hornet Resurrection -- MB-B5986D05B90F8113 - Taken by harrypmgaga. 6 entrants total.

t1400588727z1.png
Good luck!

JaseC

Shiny spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Clones -- MB-C53A61EB0156831A - Taken by nightstorm
Doorways -- MB-B3FAA75213042464 - Taken by Saty
Knytt Underground -- MB-524332F547A4260E - Taken by harrypmgaga

Dr Dogg

Man this juggling 3 OTs is becoming a bit of a handful, I don't know if I'm coming or going. Stoked for KiD, still waiting for Wolf to turn up so I can download it and the Watch_Dogs OT is going to be entertainment in itself.

Also looking over the past 5 or so pages it's barmy that SteamGAF has given away a better selection of games than Humble has had on offer.

Dr Dogg

Hmmm well seeing as DX: HR, Hitman Abworkout and now Sleepy Dawgs have got/getting the Mac treatment I wonder if Tomb Raider and Thief will as well?

Looking back at 2010 when Steam came to Mac gaming was in a pretty poor place but now with this and the App Store it's looking very bright. Linux gaming too has come on leaps and bounds since Steam came along.

Vuze

#amd #neveragain

Yeah, I regret getting an AMD card for my first gaming PC... no convenient downsampling, less optimized drivers etc. etc. Will probably wait and save for Nvidias new series and go high-end then. I hope my humble 7870 does will until that point.

Dr Dogg

If preordering makes you a chump then consider me Lord Mayor Chump of Chumpinton capital of Chumpsville. Someone has to take one for the team and I can't really ever recall being disappointed with a game I've preordered outside of Fable 3. Maybe I've got low standards or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom