• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey JaseC / other super smart steam duders.

Right now I'm holding off on pre-loading wolfenstein because I want to select another drive (without hassle). Upon release in my zone will it automatically go from "pre-load" to "install" or is there an additional step I have to do?

Once it's released, it will go from "pre-load" to "install" and be like any other Steam game.

Until then, if you wanted to, you could always create a directory junction to handle the pre-load.

Levyne

Banned
Once it's released, it will go from "pre-load" to "install" and be like any other Steam game.

Until then, if you wanted to, you could always create a directory junction to handle the pre-load.

Neato. I wondered if it would get "stuck" on pre-load or something (compared to, say, waiting to input my GMG key tomorrow instead of having already activated it on Steam.)

Thanks, jshackles.

Grief.exe

Looks like The Forest was delayed to May 30th. I just pushed the OT, but I think I will get it locked as that is a little too long

hjeZPG4.png

https://www.facebook.com/SKSgames/posts/852866571394121

TheForest_Rabbit.gif
TheForest_Blondy.gif

Ryne

( Not Tradable )
Gifts become tradable after a Steam account has been in good standing for at least 30 days. This gift will become tradable on 28 May. See the Steam Trading FAQ for more information.
SteamGaf, what did I do? This was tradeable even this morning :(

Must have misread, I think I changed my password through the heartbleed fiasco.

Hey guys I'm feeling like getting half minute hero or one way heroics. Both are dirt-cheap, but I just want to get the best one to play it now.

Any recommendations?

I own both, but have played waaay more One Way Heroics. I found it to be a much more compelling experience, charming, replayable and fun.

The one thing to note with OWH is that it's getting an expansion of some sort in the future and I'm not clear if that will be included for free with original purchases or a new, separate game/paid DLC.

Edit: Whoops, didn't notice you already made your choice! Congrats on making the right(er) one.

Extra Key for Vanguard Princess

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Vanguard Princess -- MB-4B30E2AA15F7335C - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 1 entrants total.

t1400543072z1.png

It's about time I give something away again and so here we go. Please note that these are for the Xbox 360 and not Steam. As far as I know they should work, but they were from a promotion last year (McDonald's or Doritos or something) and so I can't guarantee they're still valid, though I expect they are.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 XBLA keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Maw (X360) -- MB-A6C936CFA7627BA9
Toy Soldiers (X360) -- MB-1458BA702142D3D8

Arthea

The Forest |OT| let Jasec in for deforesting. Problem solved.
I just had to (><)

I really wish FFX-2 and X HD were on PC, I'm so tired of loading screen with a gull now, these are not really long, but I could live without them.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
On horror game front, The Forest as has been mentioned has been pushed back to May 30th, Claire will be releasing on Early Access on Steam on June 13th, and Darkwood for Early Access has been pushed back to June as well. Damned's big update is still coming in the next week, however.

A few others I haven't previously mentioned, Always Sometimes Monsters comes out May 21st, Murdered: Soul Suspect comes out June 3rd. Among the Sleep and Dollhouse: Room 1313 are both coming soon, but no specific release date yet.

Grief.exe

It's about time I give something away again and so here we go. Please note that these are for the Xbox 360 and not Steam. As far as I know they should work, but they were from a promotion last year (McDonald's or Doritos or something) and so I can't guarantee they're still valid, though I expect they are.

i3jKDUlcwgHWU.png

I really wish FFX-2 and X HD were on PC, I'm so tired of loading screen with a gull now, these are not really long, but I could live without them.

I heard mentioned that both KH 1.5 HD and FFX HD are using proprietary Sony software to facilite HD ports. That is why they are Sony exclusive currently.

I would personally love to see these HD releases on PC as well as the newer FFXV/KH3 titles.

Miguel81

Indie games are looking better and better -- Outlast looks beautiful(in a hideous way), Mark of the Ninja as well, and The Forest looks phenomenal.

FYI, Rush Bros. is free on GMG w/ Playfire account. I'm going to give it a try and see if it jives with me.

I would personally love to see these HD releases on PC as well as the newer FFXV/KH3 titles.

I hope SquareEnix are interested in that Steam money.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Oh what the fucking shit, i cant believe it, i bought a game on the humble store i already owned....goddamnit this is what happens when you own almost 800 games.

Thank goodness it only cost 1.99.

Can i just give the humble store page to anyone as long as i didnt claim the key?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
FYI, Rush Bros. is free on GMG w/ Playfire account. I'm going to give it a try and see if it jives with me.

I'd put liking Rush Bros right up there with animal torture among the early signs of being a serial killer.

Arthea

I would be so tempted to leave it this way, but couple of games will unlock soon and it will change regardless of what I want.

not that I could just stop buying games, but it's nice to think I can. (><)

I heard mentioned that both KH 1.5 HD and FFX HD are using proprietary Sony software to facilite HD ports. That is why they are Sony exclusive currently.

Oh, I didn't know that.

I would be content if SE just ported what they have on iOS, as it's much more likely to happen. Imagine if TWEWY was released on steam or FF6, FF0 (Agito).

Not that I would refuse FFXV/KH3, if these get over here.

I'd put liking Rush Bros right up there with animal torture among the early signs of being a serial killer.

weirdly enough, I have to agree.

Need more The Forest OT Title ideas

iRVLIWjF66M2i.png

The Forest |OT| Crafted Life, Fabled Death
The Forest |OT| Survive the Fallout
The Forest |OT| Lost Woods
The Forest |OT| Fabled Woods

The store description makes it sound sorta like Minecraft + Fable + sorta like Fallout... If the shoe fits, it must be worn!

And an OoT reference, why not.

Blizzard

Banned
they don't know about that shit
That brings back memories. We used to play that what, 15 years ago? 20?

For those who don't know, I -think- gauntlet mode was when people would play Left 4 Dead games in versus mode but troll their teammates by trying to just run as far as possible as quickly as possible, ideally sabotaging them with tanks, hordes, and molotovs in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom