• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
People to this day can't forgive Jeff Gerstmann's 8.8 review of Twilight Princess.

And let's not forget Polygon's 7.5 review of the Last of Us.

Just, um, play the game yourself or something? I agree with the 8.8 (it's actually too high) and disagree with the 7.5 but I'm not raising pitchforks or calling people clickbait attention whores or some variation of that just because their reviews don't meet my expectation of their reviews so as to better validate my purchase.

Pitchfork gave Mumford and sons a 0, probably just to get some hits

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I will never fully understand why how someone puts so much stock into scores or other arbitrary grading scales when it comes to viewing a product for entertainment value. I read plenty of reviews of course, but I like to actually read and listen to what people had problems with or what stood out as special to them as it gives me so much more to work on.
A simple "this game is a 88/red smiley face/four stars/poutine with cheese and no drink included" or whatever it may be only tells me at a best a rough estimate that will just be argued about rather than the core of the review.

Still, I realise we fully live in a world where the difference between a Metacritic score of 75 and 80 is a huge number of products bought by consumers, where bonuses can be determined by how many 5 out of 5s the workers will get, and more people will only read a small blurb and the number/star/smiley face/gooey cheese rather than a full article/

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away ...
Space Giraffe (possibly taken, probably not) -- MB-CDA5A7E3E574E5EA - Taken by KenOD

T'was already taken, but thanks anyroad anonymous.

Dr Dogg

Got an opinion on reviews? Join the debate!

Well, you managed to make me feel bad about my moaning. It says it'll 'only' take me an hour and ten.

It's quite frankly a miracle I have fibre optic albeit not super fast considering I live on the outskirts of a city no one cares about.

Hahaha it's alright I've got plenty to keep me busy this evening. Funnily by me the local councils have been awarding grants to more rural areas to speed up their infrastructure but due to living right by a business centre for the south west were a bit shit out of luck at the moment. The exchange is fibre ready but BT haven't connected the cabinet on the street. ETA is 2015 :/

Aaaaaw I would like to be a something shill too!

Could I be the Humble one?

Sure but I've baggsied Uplay though so hands off!

Uplay's great, you should all go and install it now if you haven't. They have over 700 games now. Some even more worse than Steam's.

20$ for all the cosmetic DLCs of Crusader Kings 2 and none of the actual game expending DLCs? Such a great deal, thanks Humble! Why don't you make a new digital platform client named Origin Humblin' and push it by making your deals exclusives? Maybe then you'll realize this parody of EA thing.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Some of the other games released today include:

Freaking Meatbags is now available in early access for $9.99.

About the Game

Freaking Meatbags throws you into a futuristic world where robots have jobs, cephalopods aren't confined to a single dimension, and humans pretty much just stand around talking to themselves. As a lowly cleaning robot, your task is to gather precious materials from each world before the solar system goes kaboom. As soon as you land, you realize this gig isn't going to be as simple as you had hoped. During the day you'll scramble to gather resources, build structures and keep your base in good repair. But when it gets dark, get ready to fight. Those rampaging wild robots aren't here to have a knitting competition. At least you're not alone in your daily chores. Fleshy, unintelligent and very unattractive human creatures live on these planets. You've discovered they're quite amenable to being told what to do, even if those tasks are as limited as carrying resources back and forth. Mix some DNA from a few different species, however, and you can breed humans with special powers. Like, say... laser beam eyes! A little mod here, a little hack there and they might turn out to be quite useful! Current Features include one giant trans-dimensional space squid

Project Temporality is now available for $9.99, discounted 33% from its usual price until May 27th. You can get it for $7.53 through GMG with the voucher 0YC9RY-W6MF99-Q6S9Z3. Plus it comes with cards.

About the Game

Project Temporality is a third person action/puzzle game built around the concept of allowing the player to play with time. Thanks to our proprietary engine Sparta 3D we make the fourth dimension as available as the other three. Just as with a VCR you can rewind time or fast-forward through it seamlessly.

Combining this and our time line concept you will solve mind-bending puzzles, by giving yourself a helping hand. Any time you need a friend, you can be that friend. Create a new timeline at any time/any place there are no restrictions. This game is all about giving you full freedom in four dimensions.

Solve puzzles involving lasers, mirrors, force fields, trap doors, platforms, keys etc. Exploit time to do the impossible. Explore the world and see into the mind of its people. We hope that you will enjoy the result of our years of evenings and weekends.

Contains 6-14 hours of gameplay.

The Last Door - Collector's Edition first season is now available on Steam for $9.99. I normally don't quote any of the reviews on the store page, but this one caught my eye: “A love letter to H.P. Lovecraft.” -Penny Arcade

About the Game

Feel what it's truly like to be alone in the dark with this low-res, high-suspense point-and-click horror adventure, winner of multiple Best Games of the Year awards. Set in Victorian England, when Jeremiah Devitt receives a letter from his old schoolmate Anthony Beechworth with a hidden, cryptic message, he knows something is wrong. His journey to an abandoned manor is only the beginning as he starts to remember a long-buried secret from his youth, discovering things man was not meant to know, and opening doors that should have remained closed…

The Last Door: Collector’s Edition contains four terrifying episodes of occult and otherworldly horror inviting you to investigate Victorian England's deepest, darkest secret. Featuring new scenes and puzzles, enhanced graphics, unlockable bonuses, and remastered sound. Explore ancient manors, decaying tenements, and twisting underground warrens with little but a lamp and magnifying glass to guide you. Dare you open The Last Door: Collector's Edition?

Some of the other games released today include:

Freaking Meatbags is now available in early access for $9.99.

Project Temporality is now available for $9.99, discounted 33% from its usual price until May 27th. You can get it for $7.53 through GMG with the voucher 0YC9RY-W6MF99-Q6S9Z3. Plus it comes with cards.

The Last Door - Collector's Edition first season is now available on Steam for $9.99. I normally don't quote any of the reviews on the store page, but this one caught my eye: “A love letter to H.P. Lovecraft.” -Penny Arcade

I may buy meatbags to support the name

Copons

You can be the Humble shill!

HECK YEAH!
Better start working then!

Sure but I've baggsied Uplay though so hands off!

Uplay's great, you should all go and install it now if you haven't. They have over 700 games now. Some even more worse than Steam's.

Eh, yes Uplay is fine, but does it sell audiobooks?

WELL I THINK NOT.

You can be a shill for ETS2, CSD and cats In general.

Well it's not a coincidence both are on sale on the most bestest bundle site ever!

Tellaerin

I'm pretty sure there are patches for that, although not sure if the game does work on current OSes.

I have read multiple sources that said Bungie found the bug before the game launched and sent out people to physically replace the CDs to the tune of a crapload of money, so you should be fine. Officially, apparently, only one person actually got hit with the bug, a Bungie employee.

Awesome! I have the "Myth II: Worlds" collection (it includes the core game, a ton of mods, and modding tools) - it'll be nice to mess with it without worrying about accidentally wiping my HD. Now I just need more hours in the day...

I bookmarked the Project Magma site too, Knurek - thanks for the link. Some of the stuff I'm seeing there, like the texture pack, looks like it'll be very handy when I get around to playing with this. : )

WELL I THINK NOT.

I just heard that in a Kelsey Grammer-esque pretentious voice when I read it, which goes perfectly with your avatar. Now I'm imagining "Copons the Snobby Cat" as Humble's official mascot. xD

oh yes. GFWL.

That's a valid point. I started playing around with Dark Souls to check something out pre-release of Dark Souls 2 and I wanted to take out the tutorial boss (when you're supposed to run) -- but I couldn't get it to sign into GFWL so I couldn't save for some reason, which meant I had to remake my character and go through part of the tutorial every time I fucked up and died. I quit after my first fuckup. ^_^

Sick, you can preload Killer is Dead.

Nice. I'm on it!

I may buy meatbags to support the name

I love the name... definitely going to check the game out.

Arthea

WELL I THINK NOT.

Well it's not a coincidence both are on sale on the most bestest bundle site ever!

I'm literally laughing out loud, dunno what I would do without you Copons. Probably I'll just have to create you.
seriously, dunno what's gotten into me, it's not that funny (><)
it does somewhat help that Shinra (FFX-2) just spit his golden "I'm just a kid" phrase *still laughs*

Copons

I just heard that in a Kelsey Grammer-esque pretentious voice when I read it, which goes perfectly with your avatar. Now I'm imagining "Copons the Snobby Cat" as Humble's official mascot. xD

I didn't know who he was, but now I'm kinda flattered.
Everybody now please call me Sideshow Copons, the Humble shill.

EDIT:

I'm literally laughing out loud, dunno what I would do without you Copons. Probably I'll just have to create you.
seriously, dunno what's gotten into me, it's not that funny (><)
it does somewhat help that Shinra (FFX-2) just spit his golden "I'm just a kid" phrase *still laughs*

It IS funny. Just, in a very humble way.

mid83

Is Agarest: Generations of War and/or Agarest: Generations of War Zero worth picking up? The metacritic looks pretty bad, but I trust impressions on here much more.

Authority

Banned
I haven't played any of the Agarest games... will I like them if I like Final Fantasy Tactics? Are they in that vein, just really long? Should I wait for 2 to hit or is one of the ones already on Steam the way to go?

You will hate Agarest if you liked FF and Ogre Tactics. That is my opinion.

Arthea

Is Agarest: Generations of War and/or Agarest: Generations of War Zero worth picking up? The metacritic looks pretty bad, but I trust impressions on here much more.

It really depends on how much you like TRPGs. If you want something like FE or FFT and alike, you probably won't need Agarest, but it's not that bad as metacritics or some people in this thread makes them to be, if you are a fan of genre.
I have difficulty finishing this type of TRPG, especially endless Disgaea games, I still think that they are all worth playing, ya, Agarest too.

You guys really need to stop getting yourselves all worked up over each Humble daily. If any day is worth getting hyped for it'll be the last day. That day is going to be HUGE
LY disappointing.

be humble
in your disappointment. That's what you are trying to say?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
You guys really need to stop getting yourselves all worked up over each Humble daily. If any day is worth getting hyped for it'll be the last day. That day is going to be HUGE
LY disappointing.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

1000 Amps -- MB-4EE75E78421A4CEE - Taken by Deques. 6 entrants total.
Demolition Inc -- MB-07CB6FE7A5BF68CE - Taken by nexen. 1 entrants total.
Escape Goat -- MB-598759C4DE470656 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 10 entrants total.
SOL Exodus -- MB-C06BE65F3452DB9B - Taken by Shadowplay1979. 1 entrants total.

t1400614574z1.png

Kiru

Got 2 x 20% off voucher for this game here.

Apparently you get a voucher if you own Proteus or Waking Mars on your account. Anyone want a voucher ? I have no use for them. Game looks kinda interesting:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom