• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I am sadly saving up my hard earned Gaben Dollars for a semi-good cause, else I could've gotten Banner saga for like $7ish.

_hekk05

Banned
Road to Sura Day 3

855FB49F6CFE59A91D48A6936CD37992E5A9540A

Because Sura is apparently the 3rd job.

Tried to refine the Knuckle Duster [3] I got. Got greedy and it broke after + 8, so back to the mace I go.

Can't do the lvl 60 Eden quest yet. Not enough hit to kill the mobs i need, so I've been grinding on alligators and floras.

Probably gonna go snap build.

Tomorrow will see me grinding on mummies and mimics at morroc pyramid I think.

nexen

Tempted on Arkham Origins for $9.

Does it have a lot of significant DLC (read: not just hats) that will likely be in a complete version sometime down the road?

MUnited83

For you.

Does it have a lot of significant DLC (read: not just hats) that will likely be in a complete version sometime down the road?

Wait for summer sale, will probably have a better sale than that, maybe even the complete edition.

Ruruja

I think they just released "Cold, Cold Heart", which is a Mr Freeze DLC short story (with added achievements) so far.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Only signifcant DLC is the Cold Cold Heart story pack, that is 3-4 hours long. The rest are costumes and challenge maps so if you are not interested in them you can ignore them

Vardhan

I just received a random booster pack. What are the benefits of opening it vs selling it off?

I got the Batman™: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition Booster Pack, if that means anything.

MUnited83

For you.
I just received a random booster pack. What are the benefits of opening it vs selling it off?

I got the Batman™: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition Booster Pack, if that means anything.

Selling it outright will net you more money, but if you open it you have a slight chance at getting a foil, which sells for more than the booster.

Tellaerin

Call me Mr. Trivia - you're talking about Bungie's Myth II.

Th sad thing is, I own that game (got it in a bargain bin years ago) and really want to play it, but I heard about the uninstaller wiping peoples' HD's and decided against it. (Didn't want to be that person who does something incredibly stupid in a moment of forgetfulness you know?) So the box is literally sitting on my desk next to the PC collecting dust.

Look up the price of the booster pack, most are about 50 cents and look up the price of individual cards. Usually they are pretty equal with selling the booster pack netting you an extra 10-20 cents (presuming you dont open and get a foil)

The previous games must have sold well, and they will announce anotger game on Thursday

See by how much the booster pack sells and how much is the average price for 3 cards, if selling 3 separate cards can make you more money open and sell the individually if not sell the booster pack.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
See by how much the booster pack sells and how much is the average price for 3 cards, if selling 3 separate cards can make you more money open and sell the individually if not sell the booster pack.

I also check the price history graph to see how popular the boosters are. If there are recent gaps of more than a few days then I just sell the individual cards.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone try this Ascend Hand of Kul f2p game? images look nice at least

That Transistor review thread took a weird turn. I'd expect that from a blockbuster game review thread.

People are way to invested in this game on either side for some reason. It's a major PS4 release so maybe that's part of it. The defense (from people who never played the game) that was happening in this thread after the first review was posted was ridiculous.

lol mean its 83 metacritic right now so I am not sure what the drama is about from PRO people. Also it looks to be a game that you either love or hate, so who cares about reviews.

Vardhan

Selling it outright will net you more money, but if you open it you have a slight chance at getting a foil, which sells for more than the booster.
Look up the price of the booster pack, most are about 50 cents and look up the price of individual cards. Usually they are pretty equal with selling the booster pack netting you an extra 10-20 cents (presuming you dont open and get a foil)
The previous games must have sold well, and they will announce anotger game on Thursday

Thanks for the info and tips, guys.

I ended up opening the pack. Looks like I'll get a bit more money selling the three cards than if I had sold it as a booster pack. Luckily I got a foil!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Despite not yet reaching my goals on Patreon, I'm getting ready to order a dedicated server for Enhanced Steam.

There are now over 215,000 daily users that hit the API server. Between 10am and 11am (when new deals are posted on Steam) I'm getting up to 65,000 concurrent connections, and it's just killing what I have.

So, I'm not someone that likes asking for money, but with the exception of the $34 a month that has been pledged already (thank you again to those that have already donated!), and a few one-time donations, I'm paying for the server out of my own pocket. So if you find Enhanced Steam useful and can throw anything my way (even $1 a month helps), it would be really appreciated. If you can donate $5 a month or more, you'll get a cool supporter badge for your Steam profile.

With any luck, this new dedicated server should alleviate the issues that cause the almost daily downtime of some of Enhanced Steam's best features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom