• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruteUA

Anyone run in to this one before? Earlier today I purchased 2 gift copies of a game from Steam (not Bad Rats, but close!) and opted to have them added to my inventory. The purchases were made within a minute of each other. I have two confirmation emails with two different confirmation numbers, both show on my transaction history, but only one gift copy is in my account. It's not in my library either, so I didn't inadvertently redeem it. Maybe if I wait a while it'll suddenly show up, or any other possibilities before contacting support?

Grief.exe

Transistor not on gmg yet? need to step up my playfire

Not looking good

fE9WyWR.png

good question, they probably get less of a cut from steam, unless they are afraid of people putting it on sale for cheap

I would imagine it's the same ~30% cut to both GMG and Steam. GMG just eats into their own profit margins when they offer 20-25% discounts.

Vecks

Just noticed the daily deal. What's the difference between the two agarest games and are any of them good, or at least decent?

Aww shit, everyone go put on 2-step auth on your Origin acct asap. If there's anything that leads to accounts getting hacked it's FIFA.

Oh oh. Would be interesting to see if those hacker and account snatchers jump onto the pc bandwagon. From what I've seen of the PS3 and Xbox360 hacks it is really bad, and supposedly and EA flaw.

Dr Dogg

After many failed attempts and many lost brain cells just finished Adventure Mode in Peggle. Seeing as it's on a very rare offer on Steam is it worth picking up along with Nights?

Lomax

Not looking good

fE9WyWR.png

I would imagine it's the same ~30% cut to both GMG and Steam. GMG just eats into their own profit margins when they offer 20-25% discounts.

Could be they want that initial bump on the Steam sellers list to drive early sales and then later on they'll look into other channels. I'm sure the other channels like GMG in their mind account for a very small portion of sales (which is what most of the data says). And as much as there's several of us sitting on GMG credit who would buy it in a second there, realistically it's probably not that large of a number for them to worry about.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
There is a free to play Fifa game on Origin now. FIFA World. Never heard of it before. Probably riddled with awful micros.

It's effectively a modified FIFA Ultimate Team from the main console games, designed for markets such as Brazil and Russia where home console gaming isn't too lucrative for EA. While there are plenty of transactions to get more players or build up better teams, one can easily play it casually and just really really really slowly get better players (depending on how lucky they are at card drops), and in terms of game play it's right around FIFA 09 or so in terms of game play with a controller.

Honestly it's not bad for what it is if all one wants is a basic free FIFA with potential incentive to keep at it and/or likes collecting virtual cards and trading/selling them.

Edit: Aye, the fear of hackers is always up there when it comes to anything FIFA and EA related. Such an awful job they do.

rtcn63

I'm watching the GT review of Transistor, and my god, the digi-ethereal voice has horrible dialogue. It's like every romance movie cool guy as he's trying to woo the girl. "Do me one favor, don't let me go..."

Still interested in playing. I did not like Bastion, but this seems different enough. I hope.

Arthea

After many failed attempts and many lost brain cells just finished Adventure Mode in Peggle. Seeing as it's on a very rare offer on Steam is it worth picking up along with Nights?

worth almost anything in my eyes. (rebought both on steam after promising to myself never touch any of them again). These might be most addictive games ever, and aren't they dangerously fun? I'm not sure such games can be allowed at all. (><)
If you like it, get it!
I'll wait for Peggle 2 in the meantime.

Authority

Banned
Darn. What wouldn't I like about them? The combat is that different, or the rest of the game? I liked other FF's as well I just LOVED FFT :p

I was having this convo with another poster a few pages back. Objectively, to really love Azarest you must either be

New to tactical/turn-based RPGS
Not loving FF & Ogre tactics style
Belonging to your own "theme" or its story appealing greatly to you

And the other poster is right. When it comes to JRPGs there is nothing outstanding about it. FF& Ogre are way, and I mean way superior than Agarest. I personally preferred the first one on Steam due to the artwork but unfortunately it was not enough for me. So in essence it all boils down how high your bar is when it comes to RPGs and your expectations.

Me and RPGs are kinda of an odd story. I am the type of person who loved to death Gungnir and really was into Growlanser: Wayfare of time. For my particular tastes I even loved Trails in the Sky. When it comes to tactical-turn based RPGs, as long as the story is great I can deal with it being mediocre and unfortunately Agarest did not have that to keep me going.

Hope I covered that for you.

Amzin

I was having this convo with another poster a few pages back. Objectively, to really love Azarest you must either be

New to tactical/turn-based RPGS
Not loving FF & Ogre tactics style
Belonging to your own "theme" or its story appealing greatly to you

And the other poster is right. When it comes to JRPGs there is nothing outstanding about it. FF& Ogre are way, and I mean way superior than Agarest. I personally preferred the first one on Steam due to the artwork but unfortunately it was not enough for me. So in essence it all boils down how high your bar is when it comes to RPGs and your expectations.

Me and RPGs are kinda of an odd story. I am the type of person who loved to death Gungnir and really was into Growlanser: Wayfare of time. For my particular tastes I even loved Trails in the Sky. When it comes to tactical-turn based RPGs, as long as the story is great I can deal with it being mediocre and unfortunately Agarest did not have that to keep me going.

Hope I covered that for you.

Yup, thanks. I wish there was a demo, but I'll probably just not bite for now anyway.

Dr Dogg

worth almost anything in my eyes. (rebought both on steam after promising to myself never touch any of them again). These might be most addictive games ever, and aren't they dangerously fun? I'm not sure such games can be allowed at all. (><)
If you like it, get it!
I'll wait for Peggle 2 in the meantime.

Well it was after reading the "long trip and only one game thread" that I thought sod it I may as well finish this off whilst wait for Wolf14 to download. I said Tetris is the ideal game if it could be your only one but if Peggle doesn't run that close I don't know what else does. Ode To Joy never gets old!

I don't know what Peggle 2 can bring to the table though (well apart from being Origin exclusive on PC). It's like the Rubik's Cube (which was 40 years old yesterday for anyone interested) in that it's a well crafted yet simple puzzle that is near on impossible to improve upon.

BruteUA

I had a gift version of Hammerwatch off someone else and they've even sent ME extra copies! >_<

lol, it's times like these I wish I was adept at making gifs. So many possibilities. Raining Hammerwatches, Oprah giving out Hammerwatches, that guy throwing money at the stripper but the bills turn into Hammerwatches, etc.

Arthea

Well it was after reading the "long trip and only one game thread" that I thought sod it I may as well finish this off whilst wait for Wolf14 to download. I said Tetris is the ideal game if it could be your only one but if Peggle doesn't run that close I don't know what else does. Ode To Joy never gets old!

I don't know what Peggle 2 can bring to the table though (well apart from being Origin exclusive on PC). It's like the Rubik's Cube (which was 40 years old yesterday for anyone interested) in that it's a well crafted yet simple puzzle that is near on impossible to improve upon.
Tetris is eternal, if you just let yourself run it, you are immediately into it again, it's such a game, and Peggle is in that category. Although there is significant difference between the two. Tetris is mostly about speed, fingers speed and decision making speed, and in that we reach limit sooner or later and aren't improving after that, at least that's what happens to most people, while Peggle seemingly being much more random, is actually a lot about skill of judging geometry and recoil. I found that there is no limit in improving your skill with Peggle, only improvement is not as fast, but it's there. It's probably possible to get so good at it, that you can clear stages with moving hard objects in several hits if you play long enough (><)

Rubick's Cube was awesome idea, there is no denying that, but people get bored by it pretty quickly, once you put it several times, there is no meaning in playing further. Still a great toy. I can see how it can be improved though, although such improvements would make it much less appealing, I must admit.

making coupons unusable with existing discounts is pretty annoying

It is, I can't understand why it wasn't fixed still, it should let you choose what you want use, coupon or discount.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know anything about this?

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274310/

Seems really ambitious and cool, but I haven't seen it mentioned on GAF before (might've missed it), but I'm wondering what the buzz is (or if there is any).

I've mentioned it a few times here and there and did the write up in the OP. I'm looking forward to it tomorrow. Hopefully it's as good as it sounds from various articles and early demo impressions I've seen.

I've mentioned it a few times here and there and did the write up in the OP. I'm looking forward to it tomorrow. Hopefully it's as good as it sounds from various articles and early demo impressions I've seen.
I forgot it was in the OP. Thanks.

I wonder how replayable it is. If I'm understanding the game's concept correctly, it sounds like something that would lend itself to several playthroughs.

I admit, I almost never pay full price for a game (or near full price in this case), but I am tempted to see what this is all about.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how long is Wolfeinstein suppose to be? the quicklook is like a hour and half, so I assume its not the standard 5 hour shooter otherwise they showed a third of it :p

and while we are talking game lenghts, what about Transistor, how long is that more or less?

derExperte

Anybody play Stranded? &#8220;Like an adventure game lens into Stanley Kubrick's mind." makes it sound soooo tempting...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/295250/

The user reviews make it sound like there isn't much content.

Yep, got called out for mentioning the Steam version's existence and that the DS4's speaker seems like a gimmick more than a reason to call it the definitive version.

Dozens upon dozens of useless 'I'll buy it on PS4' posts? Gimme more. Mention Steam in a reasonable context? Don't be a combo breaker and ruin our flow, you mean Gaben lover! SonyGAF went a bit insane over the last few months, I hope it goes back to normal when they get more games.

how long is Wolfeinstein suppose to be? the quicklook is like a hour and half, so I assume its not the standard 5 hour shooter otherwise they showed a third of it :p

and while we are talking game lenghts, what about Transistor, how long is that more or less?

The QL is long because Brad is bad at playing it:p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Wolf seems like it's gonna be at least 12-15 hours log from what I have played.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot it was in the OP. Thanks.

I wonder how replayable it is. If I'm understanding the game's concept correctly, it sounds like something that would lend itself to several playthroughs.

I admit, I almost never pay full price for a game (or near full price in this case), but I am tempted to see what this is all about.

From what I understand, each different choice you can choose from causes the game to diverge along multiple paths, so it should have a lot of replayability. I've been saving card money to make it even cheaper on the wallet. I'm also holding out on prepurchasing the game to see if I can get a bit more money from the market to go towards the game.

So I'm not even paying attention to my PC, but it's still the active display on my TV as I'm sitting over at my desk and this catches my eye:

oh.esktqyo.png

But at first, all I can see is "Steam is probably down." because my Steam UI is covering up the rest. So I thought that it was Steam's message... this caused me to do a double take and think "WTF?!" before I investigated and read the full message.

At this point, I couldn't stop laughing.

Which in turn made me want to come post this story, along with this for JShackles:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I'm not even paying attention to my PC, but it's still the active display on my TV as I'm sitting over at my desk and this catches my eye:

oh.esktqyo.png

But at first, all I can see is "Steam is probably down." because my Steam UI is covering up the rest. So I thought that it was Steam's message... this caused me to do a double take and think "WTF?!" before I investigated and read the full message.

At this point, I couldn't stop laughing.

Which in turn made me want to come post this story, along with this for JShackles:

Awesome. :)

(in my best Doc Brown voice from BttF) I figured if I was going to build a "Steam is down" page, I might as well do it in style. /doc brown

Actually, this page was made by the wonderful 7heo who has helped with the Standalone. As an added bonus, you can actually make this page say whatever you want it to by editing the html/50x.html file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom