• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakkue

IIKw0AN.png

Is this part of enhanced steam or vanilla steam? The translation isn't quite correct.
(It should be: Ansehen in Steam Database / In Steam Database ansehen)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Speaking of which, are DLCs worthy?

It's a matter of perspective. Honestly they don't change the gameplay any for obvious reasons outside of perhaps more difficulty due to you not knowing the words as well.

Personally, I say they are worth it if the scope of learning different words, trying to improve one's typing speed and skill, and it's hilarious to kill via Shakespeare or what have you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
guess ill buy the 3 typing of the dead DLCs im missing for completion sake, been holding off playing it until I had them all

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
games? games

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sword of the Stars: The Pit -- MB-5C535FAC5DA2C49D - Taken by drakaenae
Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge -- MB-9C41AFB29B0BAB4E - Taken by KenOD
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-6AE4BC7EEAB6FB33 - Taken by BernardoOne
Litil Divil -- MB-FAF5C4F0DEB0C341 - Taken by Knurek

Personally, I say they are worth it if the scope of learning different words, trying to improve one's typing speed and skill, and it's hilarious to kill via Shakespeare or what have you.

In fact I think I may enjoy Shakespeare and Filth DLCs, those slurs on the screenshots look funny, anyway I see they do not make any substantial addition to vanilla version.

HotD is fantastic either way and should not be passed up at that price.

As for that I have already purchased it with Sega Humble bundle, that was a nice one.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
IIKw0AN.png

Is this part of enhanced steam or vanilla steam? The translation isn't quite correct.
(It should be: Ansehen in Steam Database / In Steam Database ansehen)

it's enhanced steam, there are still some parts in the translation that are a bit wonky because of formatting and the different sentence structure between English and German

Hilarious Dark Souls II PVP video I was just sent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ecS0yKnNLA

I've done similar, but not quite as troll-tacular. I've managed to hide in places that arbiters/phantoms don't know about apparently and just waited until they got bored and disconnected. ^_^

The last one I was in the
Undead Crypt
and an arbiter came in as I was clearing my way from the 2nd bonfire to the boss...
I had gone up the ladder in the back of the room with all the gravestones to deal with the sorceress at the top when the invasion occurred. I just went to the corner near the ladder and watched the guy run laps. I was prepared for him to climb that ladder and get the surprise advantage at least, but it never happened. ^_^

Makes no difference as you see no difference or you don't care about the difference?

Yeah that's another matter.
30 fps sure is playable, but it doesn't make 60 fps irrelevant.

60 FPS pretty much required for Action/Racing/Fighting.
Elsewhere it's a bonus to me.

I agree. I am frustrated by all the people that ask, "Why does everyone hate Origin?" Because I don't hate Origin, but I do hate pointless hassles. And Origin provides nothing of value to me that Steam doesn't already do and usually better.

Is it enough of a hassle to actively skip games you otherwise might be interested in? Because at that point you're approaching the adage of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I bought 22 pieces of Agarest DLC.

said JaseC calmly while buying more games.
I think you are the reason Steam is trying to throttle Aussie game sale with that huge price gap. But you are still buying, I assume somewhere at Valve somebody is trying to one up you in Aussie Tax.

maty

Is there any difference between QUBE (regular edition) + Against the Clock DLC and QUBE: DC?

I think they should have offered a bigger discount for those who own the original + DLC.

Guess I'll wait until it's in a bundle. Already played the original but haven't try the DLC yet.

said JaseC calmly while buying more games.
I think you are the reason Steam is trying to throttle Aussie game sale with that huge price gap. But you are still buying, I assume somewhere at Valve somebody is trying to one up you in Aussie Tax.

Also when did you switch to sad sasha instead of hot sasha? Can't even keep up with it nowadays.

Hrm, 4 games away from 400..

So close, yet so far away (comparatively) :D
I'm at 754 games, I don't even remember when or with which game I passed 500 it is a fuzzy period. But it was probably a bundle or something similarly unfitting to that glorious point.

Is there any difference between QUBE (regular edition) + Against the Clock DLC and QUBE: DC?

I gather the only difference is there is a new story, I guess those 10 new challenge levels are the same ones included "Against the clock" DLC.

I think they should have offered a bigger discount for those who own the original + DLC.

Yeah, they should have given this for free at least to those who have already purchased DLC methinks.

Zafir

Reposting in case you missed it,

You should probably get rid of that. Unauthorised reseller, and the listing even mentions "You may see region restriction notification when you receive this steam gift, Please follow the guide in email to accept it. Accept the gift directly may cause redeem problem.".

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Here's some games from the new Indie Royale bundle. Anyone that doesn't own SOTS: The Pit should probably fix that.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan -- MB-4A00E44188E2F0D8 - Taken by Cth. 8 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E. -- MB-705C0CCD9FB8B7A8 - Taken by Madridista. 3 entrants total.
Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge -- MB-C30DB0609464DFEA - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 4 entrants total.
Sword of the Stars: The Pit -- MB-DABB344C3A3A57A6 - Taken by Vecks. 7 entrants total.
Litil Divil -- MB-AF6733915B9ABCBB - Taken by Aaron. 3 entrants total.

t1400695262z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom