• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Is there any difference between QUBE (regular edition) + Against the Clock DLC and QUBE: DC?

I think they should have offered a bigger discount for those who own the original + DLC.

Guess I'll wait until it's in a bundle. Already played the original but haven't try the DLC yet.

Straight from the horses mouth

WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN Q.U.B.E. DIRECTOR’S CUT AND THE ORIGINAL GAME?

Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut is the definitive version of the first person puzzle game. It has an all-new narrative with voice acting from the likes of Rachel Robinson (Fang in Final Fantasy XIII) and Rupert Evans (As seen in Ridley Scott’s TV drama, World Without End). There are several new hidden puzzles in the game, brand new soundtrack and a time trial mode.

Dolor

Is it enough of a hassle to actively skip games you otherwise might be interested in? Because at that point you're approaching the adage of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I have already come to terms with the fact that I will die with hundreds or thousands of games I would like to play and am interested in that I won't have the time to play. My choice is just to decide which ones I can afford to avoid. EA tying their games to a pointless, second-tier service that provides negative value to me by being generally worse than Steam is enough for me to cross them off my list.

YMMV

Nzyme32

Steam In-Home Streaming Released!
21 MAY - SLOUKEN

In-Home Streaming, a new feature of Steam, is now released to all users. Players who have multiple computers at home can immediately take advantage of the new feature. When you log into Steam on two computers on the same network, they automatically connect, allowing you to remotely install, launch, and play games as though you were sitting at the remote PC.

Steam In-Home Streaming allows you to play your PC games on lower-end computers such as a laptop or home theater PC, or a computer running another operating system such as OS X, SteamOS, or Linux.

When you play a game using In-Home Streaming, video and audio are sent through your home network from your high-end gaming PC to another device in your home. From here, your keyboard, mouse, and controller input is sent back to the remote computer.

For more information, visit http://steampowered.com/streaming.

Lomax

I don't mind Origin, but I dislike EA and I abhor Bioware points and the way they've handled DLC. I would gladly buy a complete edition of Dragon Age II
out of morbid curiosity at 75% off
even on Origin, but I'm not messing with that insane DLC setup that they have.

Jag

Steam In-Home Streaming Released!
21 MAY - SLOUKEN

In-Home Streaming, a new feature of Steam, is now released to all users. Players who have multiple computers at home can immediately take advantage of the new feature. When you log into Steam on two computers on the same network, they automatically connect, allowing you to remotely install, launch, and play games as though you were sitting at the remote PC.

Steam In-Home Streaming allows you to play your PC games on lower-end computers such as a laptop or home theater PC, or a computer running another operating system such as OS X, SteamOS, or Linux.

When you play a game using In-Home Streaming, video and audio are sent through your home network from your high-end gaming PC to another device in your home. From here, your keyboard, mouse, and controller input is sent back to the remote computer.

For more information, visit http://steampowered.com/streaming.

Interesting. I wonder if there is any lag for graphically intensive games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Always Sometimes Monsters seems very interesting

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Always Sometimes Monsters is now available for $8.99, a discount of 10% off its normal price until May 28th. That Eurogamer review.

About the Game

Out of money and out of luck you find yourself heart broken and on the verge of collapse. Your landlord's taken the key back, you can't finish your manuscript, and your beloved is marrying someone else. With no choice but to handle whatever life throws at you, you set out on the open road on a mission to win back the love of your life. The story from there is up to you. Can your life be salvaged, or are we always sometimes monsters?

Choice

A story-driven experience focusing on relationships and emotional bonds rather than traditional RPG combat and adventuring. Indecision is your enemy and empathy is your weapon in a quest to earn one last chance to win back the love of your life.

Circumstance

Choose from characters of different gender, race, and sexual preference and live through the common experiences and unique hardships of each based on your selection. NPCs may treat you differently based on your gender, race, or sexual preference opening and closing different paths along the way.

Consequence

Each playthrough is filled with a staggering number of diverging paths that can be discovered through both overt actions and subtle choices in conversation. The journey you experience will be tailored to your personal ethical compass as your decisions both conscious and subconscious change your fate.

Plus there's another RPG Maker game available on Steam now, Victim of Xen, available for $7.99.

About the Game

Embark on a journey across continents in the Role Playing Game, Victim of Xen. Follow Will as he becomes a victim of circumstance, after the frivolous royal witch, Xen, turns him into a girl. As you search of a way to reverse the spell, you'll get pulled into something much more treacherous. Explore a dynamic story set in a rich world full of war and intrigue, with a dash of quirkiness. Fight monsters, complete jobs, and get ready for adventure.

Knurek

Can't wait to see what horrible shit Humble will throw at us today

Oh well, the $1 tier is at least decent.
$10 for Strike Vector seems a tad too much for a MP-only indie (dead, dead, dead, 12 concurrent ATM, 420 highest so far), especially given it costs $12 on Steam?

Tizoc

Plus there's another RPG Maker game available on Steam now, Victim of Xen, available for $7.99.

I like the artwork in this, more so than other RPG maker games
ss_dddbb40085ec3ad38e73604b60bf9c02ec99023b.1920x1080.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol at these humble bundles. well I guess Race the Sun for 1 buck is nice

edit: my Always Sometimes Monsters discount is 20% on the actual game page, not 10% like it shows in the store front. must be from having some other game?

maty

I gather the only difference is there is a new story, I guess those 10 new challenge levels are the same ones included "Against the clock" DLC.

Yeah, they should have given this for free at least to those who have already purchased DLC methinks.

Yeah, free is always better, especially if they only added a new story. But if they couldn't afford to do it, they could have copied the Strke Suit Zero devs who applied a 85% discount to the director's cut release for those who own the original.

Straight from the horses mouth

WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN Q.U.B.E. DIRECTOR’S CUT AND THE ORIGINAL GAME?

Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut is the definitive version of the first person puzzle game. It has an all-new narrative with voice acting from the likes of Rachel Robinson (Fang in Final Fantasy XIII) and Rupert Evans (As seen in Ridley Scott’s TV drama, World Without End). There are several new hidden puzzles in the game, brand new soundtrack and a time trial mode.

Thanks, so it's basically just the story and perhaps a few hidden puzzles, the time trial mode was already included with the dlc.

Rhaknar

Thanks for Ku! Looks very.. unique setting wise. Celtic Steampunk.. what was the name of that Norse Cyberpunk game that had backlash on GAF?

dont you shit on Too Human :(

Jesb

Sometimes uninstalling steam and re-installing sure fixes some problems. Out of the blue bastion would not detect my controller. I uninstalled steam and installed and now it works again like magic. Just something to consider doing before getting frustrated if you come to a similar problem.

Interesting. I wonder if there is any lag for graphically intensive games.

I've tried Skyrim on ultra and MK9 maxed out as well, some very minor frame drops here and there, the slightest bit of input lag, but holy shit is it amazing to play these games maxed out on a shitty laptop. Can't get over it. What is interesting though is the streaming doesn't just capture steam, it captures all pc audio. So I'm unsure whether disabling any music or whatever is running may benefit the stream.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, thanks. :)

thanks binarypork

Thanks for the devil.

Thanks for Ku! Looks very.. unique setting wise. Celtic Steampunk.. what was the name of that Norse Cyberpunk game that had backlash on GAF?

Thanks for Qube. :)

You're welcome!

edit: my Always Sometimes Monsters discount is 20% on the actual game page, not 10% like it shows in the store front. must be from having some other game?

Must be, but I'm not sure what the other game would be. It might be another game that Devolver Digital published.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Today -- well, yesterday now -- was supposed to be a mix of catching up on interviews and diving into Wolf14, but instead Tumblr has barely moved and a good chunk of my time with Wolf14 was spent trying to get around the 1fps bug. At this point I'm convinced something will go wrong with Watch Dogs, too -- maybe someone will use their phone to hack my PC and make it explode.

Waiting for Jase to get the bundle and then give away race the sun.

Haha, I've bought maybe one or two Humble Bundles in the past six months and I'm afraid the Humble RTS Bundle contains nothing I need.

Anteater

Today -- well, yesterday now -- was supposed to be a mix of catching up on interviews and diving into Wolf14, but instead Tumblr has barely moved and a good chunk of my time with Wolf14 was spent trying to get around the 1fps bug. At this point I'm convinced something will go wrong with Watch Dogs, too -- maybe someone will use their phone to hack my PC and make it explode.

biwr6De.jpg

watchdogs will melt your hdd with all the saoirse gifs

I doubt it'll explode. It'll probably overheat and black screen.

maty

Sorry to tell you this but unfortunately it plays like shit. Unresponsive controls, slow movements and very glitchy, at least when I last played it. The arena menu was also super buggy.

It's also very short, I believe it was the 1st part of a bigger story or something.

Crub

Haven't received a single key from the games in the Green Light Bundle. Contacted their support twice and didn't get any response. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom