• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humble Flying bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Race the sun
TIER 2: BTA (4$)
  • Guns of Icarus Online
TIER 3: 10$
  • Strike Vector

giphy.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Only 10% for me. :( Can anyone figure out what triggers 20%?

I'm assuming it's tied to ownership of another Devolver Digital title. The only other ones I'm missing are Broforce, Heavy Bullets and Cosmic DJ, so if I had to guess I'd say owners of Luftrausers get an additional 10% off since it's Devolver's second-most-recent non-Early Access title.

There are like at least 5 capcom games on steam i really would like to own. Hopefully, their next big sale isn't just a bunch of fucking DLC like the last time and they actually drop the prices of their games to impulse-purchase levels dammit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There are like at least 5 capcom games on steam i really would like to own. Hopefully, their next big sale isn't just a bunch of fucking DLC like the last time and they actually drop the prices of their games to impulse-purchase levels dammit.

Dragon's Dogma is the only one I really want to see (i.e. the only absent Capcom game I actually want to play).

r3n4ud

I'm assuming it's tied to ownership of another Devolver Digital title. The only other ones I'm missing are Broforce, Heavy Bullets and Cosmic DJ, so if I had to guess I'd say owners of Luftrausers get an additional 10% off since it's Devolver's second-most-recent non-Early Access title.

I own Luftrausers and only receive the 10% off...

bender

What time is it?
That deal might suck but Race the Sun and Strike Vector are solid games.

I'm not sure who invented it (Jetpack Joyride maybe) but I dislike the three quest system found in a lot of endless runner type games.

Picked up the last few DLC packs for Typing of the Dead: Overkill.

Authority

Banned
2IXDdbu.png

Only one website in the world that insults me THAT much. I would say Metro: 2033 deserves definitely an 8; 8.0-8.5, and Last Light 8.5-8.7. It is true that both of them suffer from technical issues and AI can definitely improve so hence not reaching 9 and above. I am confident that the third Metro will get a well-deserved 9. Can't wait!

Easter European/Russian Game developers are top notch for me. Metro, Witcher, S.T.A.L.K.E.R and the rest.

Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason" Gameplay Footage
The Void

And here is an interesting article as well,

Gaming In The Russian Cosmos, Part 1
Gaming In The Russian Cosmos, Part 2

Knurek

Not really anything new per se, but still, interesting insight into indie game bubble.
I have a private theory, that's really only in my own brain. It's this. Valve is full of really cool people, who truly love games. But, at some point, with Steam, these basically nice people suddenly found themselves in the position of deciding who lives and who dies. It's a stressful, miserable place, and they didn't like it. It just made it harder to get out of bed in the morning.

I really do wonder how the landscape will look in a year or so...

Miker

Every few months I look at DmC's MSRP to see if it's down from $50. Then I break down and cry.

Salsa

I would say Metro: 2033 deserves definitely an 8; 8.0-8.5, and Last Light 8.5-8.7. It is true that both of them suffer from technical issues and AI can definitely improve so hence not reaching 9 and above. I am confident that the third Metro will get a well-deserved 9. Can't wait!

is this a joke post

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
X-Rebirth is $25 on Steam today. I've heard lots and lots of bad things about the game, but I'm still tempted. What say you GAF, is it worth it?

Salsa

A couple of thousand copies at most. The game's community would still be dead.

It's not dead by any means, I just dont like playing with randoms and Origin people seem to be crappy as hell

I know Titanfall is pretty divided between praise and disappointment but the core gameplay is solid for me, and the player movement additions gives me a tiny bit of an arena shooter vibe that makes me enjoy it more than the vast majority of mp shooters out there. thankfully people play it but yeah, it'd be cool if steam gaf was on it.

mrgone

Read the user reviews and ask again.

They did just patch in a bunch of new stuff/fixes, and there's a mod out there that's supposed to be pretty good at making the game more like the older X games, but yeah, waiting is still probably the best course of action. Especially with stuff like Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen (and Enemy Starfighter mm-mmm) just around the corner.

nexen

They did just patch in a bunch of new stuff/fixes, and there's a mod out there that's supposed to be pretty good at making the game more like the older X games, but yeah, waiting is still probably the best course of action. Especially with stuff like Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen (and Enemy Starfighter mm-mmm) just around the corner.
Elite: Dangerous looks so good to me.

Is there a lag issue with Dark Souls 2 PvP?

I was 2v1ed in Belfry Luna around lunch time and utterly murked the first guy. The second one rolled around and we exchanged a few decent blows. Eventually, I catch him looking low on stamina and get him in a mace combo. His life on the last hit didn't go below the very small notch that it was on.

We roll some more, and he gets a good R2 in on me. I hit him back, FULL hit animation from him and sound, still no hp loss. This should have been a killing blow. I then chase him some more, and get him again, this time with a more questionable hit since it looks like the full swing hit the wall. He still recoils and stuns, still doesn't die like he should, R2s me and I die.

The only death protection that I know of is the breakable ring from the first, that I found in this one. I'm still on my first play through, so I'm not counting out the possibility of something else. I'm also not calling hacks or anything like that.

Salsa

early access really ruins my excitement for some games man

take The Forest and The Stomping Land for example

I can either:

1) buy now, play it, and by the time it's "finished" be burnt out with it and dont wanna play anymore

2) wait till it's done, buy it, and miss out on the initial hype and all the people playing the broken early version

I thought Mercenary Kings was the best thing ever and I bought it the day it showed up on Steam and just barely played, out of a mixture of "wanna wait for when it's done" and having enough with the early version.

i'd be 5x more excited about the games if they just had a set release date as a full thing. I understand that's probably not an option but yeah.. I think the system is pretty shit for a lot of games and devs need to realize when it works and when it doesnt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom