• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

So my mind just got blown. The amount of time I have used to get the DS3 controller to work on my PC and i have failed each time is disgusting. Then just now I followed this guide. Which I did in like 3-5 min. And it works. Flawlessly.

Now I have 3 PC controllers. A modified Xbox-controller, DS3 and DS4.

Tizoc

WHAT THE FUCK
Apparently Saint's Row 4 was mispriced on Gamersgate for like $6, unless that's the price on other regions, for me it shows $14.

The Season Pass is $2 though, should I bite or wait for the GotY edition?
I'm sure SR4 could be bought for under $10 if I wait long enough XP

I have just been fired.

Apparently, people complained about me, but the specific nature of these complaints were not detailed. In fact, it's "not my job to tell you about any complaints. Sometimes, thing just don't work out."

Fuck.
That sucks man, I know you've been having a very difficult time as of late, hopefully everything works out in the end for you.

Best of luck mate.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
WHAT THE FUCK
Apparently Saint's Row 4 was mispriced on Gamersgate for like $6, unless that's the price on other regions, for me it shows $14.

At this point I'm convinced that GamersGate is literally run by monkeys. :p

WHAT THE FUCK

It's €7,99 here. Tempting...

Pachimari

So my mind just got blown. The amount of time I have used to get the DS3 controller to work on my PC and i have failed each time is disgusting. Then just now I followed this guide. Which I did in like 3-5 min. And it works. Flawlessly.

I did this and it still doesn't work wirelessly with my Bluetooth. :(

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

Which is your favourite? I have a wireless xbox controller but really reaally want a ds4 for my pc. Never got around to hooking up my ds3.

(I also have a random logitech one that is really nice except the triggers are too stiff)

Dr Dogg

WHAT THE FUCK

Well it comes up exactly £6 here so sounds like someone might have got a teeny weeny bit confused between $'s and £'s.

WHAT THE FUCK

Saints Rows IV (Asia) - 13.99usd. :-(

kiyomi

Considering I haven't played any of Metro: LL yet, what DLC is worth picking up for it?

Apparently I own all the DLC for it already.

/Steam newbie.

No what I'm saying is that all we have in gaming is glorification of violence when it comes to military games. Not to sound like a pacifist or something but if we want this hobby of ours to be at least taken seriously by outsiders then being able to make anti war statement at least would be a step in the right direction. Spec Ops The Line was a bit different but at the end of the day it was still at it's heart a shooter.

A shock to the system would be to have a game marketed like COD, starts out like Saving Private Ryan for 15 mins before playing out like the later half of Born on the Forth of July mixed in with Jacobs Ladder. Sadly I don't feel there is anyone with the necessary tact to do it justice.

The fact that something like M.A.S.H. Or Catch 22 can make great anti-war statements whilst being extremely funny doesn't mean it needs to be a straight up serious endeavour either. Sadly it seams the audience dictates the games that get made at the top end so you'd be asking a lot of someone not beholden to a publisher or string of marketing departments.
This War of Mine is a game focused on war from the civilian perspective

Running With Rifles IMO does a better job at capturing the chaos of war than CoD or BF. You're not the hero, or the one-man army, you're a tiny cog in a massive machine, you will die fast, you're expendable in the relentless struggle to maintain your frontlines.

Not sure if any of those are suited for your discussion, but they're not your typical military shooter games

fantomena

I did this and it still doesn't work wirelessly with my Bluetooth. :(

My PC doesn't even have any bluetooth stuff at all. So when the driver said it installed bluetooth drivers I was worried it was not gonna work.

Which is your favourite? I have a wireless xbox controller but really reaally want a ds4 for my pc. Never got around to hooking up my ds3.

(I also have a random logitech one that is really nice except the triggers are too stiff)

DS4 > DS3 > Modified Xbox-controller

Fuck it, bought SRIV. Enjoyed it during the free weekend, gonna keep enjoying it.

Considering I haven't played any of Metro: LL yet, what DLC is worth picking up for it?

Apparently I own all the DLC for it already.

/Steam newbie.

Not realizing you already own something is actually a sign of being a Steam veteran.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Did you not press escape throughout those few hours of play? I'm pretty sure there's an option for saving when you do.
I didn't, because it had me in an extremely guided whirlwind of cutscenes and people talking to me and urgent concerns.

topyy

Too late dream is over in Oman back to $14.

AMD golden key is about $15 last December for 3 games.

next round are
Company of Heroes® 2
Total War™: SHOGUN 2
PayDay™ 2

Please note that all game keys displayed on Radeon Rewards are available to reserve today. STEAM keys for currently released titles are delivered immediately upon redemption with the exception of a few titles that will be available shortly. Murdered: Soul Suspect™ releases June 3, 2014 but can be reserved on Radeon Rewards starting April 21st.

Currently released titles that will be available in a few days are listed below:

Company of Heroes® 2
Total War™: SHOGUN 2
PayDay™ 2

Croixleur Sigma has more Playfire rewards now.
One requires making a 250 Chain and the other involves "Absorb 25 enemy attacks using in-dash invincibility."
Any tips to getting these cheevos please?

Got them by just playing the game for 2 hours. Chain is just collecting coins without getting hit, absorbing attacks is like a parry, press dash at the moment an enemy would hit you.

Tizoc

Got them by just playing the game for 2 hours. Chain is just collecting coins without getting hit, absorbing attacks is like a parry, press dash at the moment an enemy would hit you.

Oh I see thanks, will put tine in Sigma and Kung Fu today and hopefully get the cheevo rewards.

EDIT: Quote this post for a Gearcrack Arena Desura Key, and reply if you've taken the key damnit!

Arthea

WHAT THE FUCK

bought so hard, it says region locked to Europe, though

Forkball

I wonder when they are going to release Xbox One controllers for PC, or at least drivers for current controllers. I know Microsoft said sometime in 2014, but we haven't had a lot of discussion about it.

Arthea

I also bought Cubesis, thanks Toma for pointing that out, seems like my type of a game.

Saint's Row 4 at £6 is tempting, but I have other games in my backlog. I can wait.

it was £8.72 for season pass and the game, I doubt we'll see any lower than that.

The dream is dead for us, Asians.

you poor thing...
really, region locking hurts your region the most as far as I noticed from steamgaf discussions

_hekk05

Banned
I didn't, because it had me in an extremely guided whirlwind of cutscenes and people talking to me and urgent concerns.

How about when you were quiting that one mission. Oh hey look, there's a button that says save game. Maybe I should press it?

Or do you alt tab to task manager and kill process lol

The dream is dead for us, Asians.

We get the japanese localisations faster I think. Also thank god for VPNs

Terra_Ex

Holding off on getting SR4 until the goty comes out, not having those bazillion dlc will bother me and based on what happened with SR3's price I'm sure the full thing will roll around for a dirt cheap price soon enough.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I also bought Cubesis, thanks Toma for pointing that out, seems like my type of a game.

:)

I forgot to post these earlier, but I really like the animation in these gifs I made as well:
KWJSe4d.gif
u4VAn44.gif
s60d3uM.gif

That's just typical game bullshit though. Not that it helps you now but if you go back to it the only thing you really have to worry about is not losing half of your countries or it's game over. Other than that you can pretty much play it at the pace that suits you irrespective of what the game is telling you.

fantomena

Oh, look, Steam community is down again. That's rare.

....now I'm intrigued.

I wrote a post about me receiving some review codes and I wrote that I was gonna write impressions from the games when the embargo lifts. It felt wrong to write it because some people would probably feel it was bragging.

Anyone know why my friend's games might have gone away? I can still see and play games of his I already had installed but it doesn't show his full library anymore.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone know if Killer is Dead will have the Japanese voice track w/ subs?

Nothing has been said of the PC version since it was announced. If the US/EU console versions don't then I don't like your chances.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: The discussion about the ethics of RA RA militaristic war FPSes, I think something that maybe should be taken into account here is that most of the teams currently working on Call of Duty started working on other games--violent games for sure, but not military games--and got drafted into working on Call of Duty when their original IPs didn't work as well. I don't begrudge anyone for preferring a job over being shitcanned of course, and I don't begrudge publishers for doing what works, but there's obviously significant market and publisher pressure that's already intruding on creative autonomy on the part of the developers... so the idea that asking for devs or pubs to do less of this type of game or to do it more maturely is in any way censorship doesn't make sense in light of the fact that relatively few projects in 2014 are actually initiated and executed by creatives out of some pure need to express certain themes. Personally I don't view intellectual or social pressure as any less fair or legitimate than mass market pressure.

Knurek

I think something that maybe should be taken into account here is that most of the teams currently working on Call of Duty started working on other games--violent games for sure, but not military games--and got drafted into working on Call of Duty when their original IPs didn't work as well.

Are you sure they didn't work out? It feels mor like they didn't profit the parent company as much as potential spunkgargleweewee games do?
And of course, going that route worked out so well for EA (MoH), THQ (Homefront) and Capcom (Re6), right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait that Advanced Warfare stuff was real? I thought that was just you guys fucking around last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom