• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys and 1 Desura key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (trailmix16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cognition Episode 2- -- MB-39D7F72377C30F59 - Taken by DocSeuss. 1 entrants total.
The Body Changer- -- MB-EEED588E50CABF5B - Taken by factorone. 2 entrants total.
Cognition Episode 1- -- MB-B98F71A856F27AB2 - Taken by Casimir. 1 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys- -- MB-BD469299F7197C95 - Taken by Kryptonite. 1 entrants total.
Sanctum 2- -- MB-015E2E6C7502EDB2 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 4 entrants total.
Gianna Sisters- -- MB-500D4C498D5FA4B3 - Taken by NaM. 2 entrants total.

t1399009282z1.png
grabbed some bundles, have fun

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I had forgotten F.E.A.R. 3 was so difficult at times. I just played chapters 3 and 4 with a coworker, and our asses were kicked several times. Mind you, we were playing on the Fearless difficulty (which is Hard), so I was left wondering how the hell did I manage to beat it on my own on Insane (Very Hard) during my Fettel solo playthrough.

It's a lot more fun in co-op, but then again that's probably true of most games that have said option. Having someone else to talk to via mic means I'm not paying any attention to the awful plot or terrible dialogue, and that makes the game infinitely better.

dark souls 2 finally here

L5oZ6gTl.jpg
I downloaded the demo earlier today, though I haven't tried it yet. I don't think I'm gonna enjoy it, because c'mon, it's a golf game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm surprised at the lack of child of light talk, no one got it?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I had forgotten F.E.A.R. 3 was so difficult at times. I just played chapters 3 and 4 with a coworker, and our asses were kicked several times. Mind you, we were playing on the Fearless difficulty (which is Hard), so I was left wondering how the hell did I manage to beat it on my own on Insane (Very Hard) during my Fettel solo playthrough.

It's a lot more fun in co-op, but then again that's probably true of most games that have said option. Having someone else to talk to via mic means I'm not paying any attention to the awful plot or terrible dialogue, and that makes the game infinitely better.
See now you know why I sorta defend it. Co-op generally heals all so long as you pick the right bro.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh yeah, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Trials is family shared. I was worried Ubi was gonna move away from that after AssLib was shareable too.

rookiejet

That's cool that he/she actually beat their backlog but that post is kind of laden with waaaay too much guilt. I never look at my backlog as if it's a burden or something to be ashamed of, although I've made a lot of the same justifications that the OP did (and many here probably have) when it comes to buying stuff.

"I have no time to play [insert title/s here] but that's so cheap, how can I not buy it?"

I'm just playing this stuff because I bought it and the Star Wars catalogue reminded me I have so many of those games and I haven't touched any of them. That's what happens with a lot of sales these days. I already own a lot of the games and haven't touched them. A general disinterest in a lot of newer titles outside of the occasional 4x game kind of helps when it comes to digging from into my backlog. I'm fairly certain once Civilization: Beyond Earth comes out, this quest to make a dent in my backlog will end but in the meantime, Star Wars!

I don't feel guilty, either, as it hasn't negatively influenced my finances, and I don't call my media stack a "backlog". It's there, I'll grab something from it when I have the time or inclination. Decision based on fear of missing out is a bias I can stand to lose though. I say this as I'm contemplating buying those Star Wars games.

wazoo

I don't feel guilty, either, as it hasn't negatively influenced my finances, and I don't call my media stack a "backlog". It's there, I'll grab something from it when I have the time or inclination. Decision based on fear of missing out is a bias I can stand to lose though. I say this as I'm contemplating buying those Star Wars games.

Lots of people have backlog in books, movies, music, etc Remember all these library of books, your previous generation had. All never open. Nobody was ashamed about that. Why should we be ashamed about a backlog on games. It seems there is a stigma about them being a product, so they need to be consumed or used, otherwise there is a problem. It tells more about the place of gaming in our cultural space than about our buying habits.

Tellaerin

And that's precisely the right attitude. What you're building is not a backlog. It's a library. "Backlog" implies that you're behind on your duties, that you have a stack of unfinished work you've allowed to back up and you need to clear it out. A library is something you can dip into as the mood strikes you, offering up a variety of different experiences to suit your mood. A well-stocked library is a pleasure, not an obligation.

Holy shit at some of the leaps in logic with Star Wars: Dark Forces level design. The end section of level 5, The Blood Moon, I played that in the original Dark Forces before installing DarkXL. The hallway with five doors that you have to wait for 20-30 seconds for them to all open before trying to run down the hall, which is not at all intuitive, drove me nuts. That hallway went beyond the resolutions ability to actually display the final two doors opening. You straight up couldn't see that far, it was just a blurry mass of pixels. At least in DarkXL you can actually see the final door opening.

Overall I am enjoying the game and am roughly half-way through going by a FAQ I just peeked at but there's been a few "wtf" moments.

I might be able to work my way towards Jedi Outcast by next weekend at this rate.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
See now you know why I sorta defend it. Co-op generally heals all so long as you pick the right bro.
Yup, I admit I was wrong for criticizing it without having tried what was considered its best feature. I'm still mad about the single player being everything I don't want from this franchise, but the co-op mode is genuinely fun. Not necessarily good (though the shooting mechanics are solid), but fun indeed.

I'm surprised at the lack of child of light talk, no one got it?
I did, and it's beautiful. Good combat system, flying around is a joy, and the music is pretty nice. I'm very pleased with the game so far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's this about NOLF being reissued? Would be the goat news if true

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Who's the boy in vour avatar, BTW, can't put my finger on who he reminds me of...
:p

Hardy har har. :p

What's this about NOLF being reissued? Would be the goat news if true

Night Dive filed a few trademarks.

NOLF: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4810:42qq9p.2.1
The Operative: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4810:42qq9p.3.3
A Spy in HARM's Way: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4810:42qq9p.3.1
Contract JACK: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4810:42qq9p.3.4

rookiejet

Lots of people have backlog in books, movies, music, etc Remember all these library of books, your previous generation had. All never open. Nobody was ashamed about that. Why should we be ashamed about a backlog on games. It seems there is a stigma about them being a product, so they need to be consumed or used, otherwise there is a problem. It tells more about the place of gaming in our cultural space than about our buying habits.

It does depend on how much reverence you have for the medium. And videogames don't feel as timeless. Perhaps because of the over-reliance on technical artifice. I definitely tend to appreciate board and card games from decades and centuries ago more than I do digital games from just a decade ago.

oipic

I did, and it's beautiful. Good combat system, flying around is a joy, and the music is pretty nice. I'm very pleased with the game so far.

Great to hear, Rio - you are a man of impeccable taste, so this carries a lot of weight with me. Maybe I should put some GMG credit toward Child of Light, after all (some of the mixed early reviews had me in a bit of a quandary).

Edit: no Steam there, of course. Quandary.

This Advanced Warfare game is exactly what the PC platform needs. Looks like all those people disappointed at Destiny will finally have a shooter to play.

Arthea

Modern Warfare -> Advanced Warfare -> Post-Modern Warfare -> Future Warfare -> Advanced Future Warfare

Peace -> Modern Warfare -> Advanced Warfare -> Post-Modern Warfare -> Future Warfare -> Advanced Future Warfare -> Total Eradication

I had to (><)

Someone should make a Post Traumatic Stress Warfare game. I'm not even joking something that actually shines a light on how seriously this is overlooked.

You do realize, we are one step away from asking for a Post Traumatic CoD playing game? (><)

Dr Dogg

Someone should make a Post Traumatic Stress Warfare game. I'm not even joking. Something that actually shines a light on how this is seriously overlooked.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Played XCOM:EU for 5-6 hours. Mission said something about capture the commander, after I had already loaded out and didn't have a capturing device equipped. Quit. Re-enter game... oh, this doesn't have autosave like 97% of games these days...

iXPOeEdhF7f3r.gif

_hekk05

Banned
Played XCOM:EU for 5-6 hours. Mission said something about capture the commander, after I had already loaded out and didn't have a capturing device equipped. Quit. Re-enter game... oh, this doesn't have autosave like 97% of games these days...

It does if you're playing ironman mode. If you're not, then you're not save scumming enough

Uzzy

iXPOeEdhF7f3r.gif

Was that the base assault mission? Because I don't think you have to capture the commander. It's 'capture if possible'

Salsa

if you're not playing iron man mode you're not playing xcom anyway breh

I never touched casual

I don't wanna get FILTHY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom