• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Witcher 2 (Roche's path). SO. GOOD.

Can't wait for Witcher 3, but my wallet is happy for the delay because I'll need to upgrade my gfx card for that bad boy.

Yup, go ahead :) remember to send a PM with the review.

so far for June

Would Company of Heroes 2 Western Fronts expansion be applicable for a review? It's a standalone expansion so does not need the original game, and rts's need more love.

I might write 60 words on it anyway and pm you later.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well it's better than what I've got. I bought some stuff the other day and I've got 2 $5 vouchers for stuff off the Amazon App Store which is useless to me and 5 $1 vouchers for mp3s which can't be stacked and I'm set in my ways and still buy CDs.

Christmas or affiliate promotions are the only times I've got any meaningful credit unless I get a cocked up order where they throw me credit as a sweetener.

Yeah, I still prefer to buy physical copies of albums that I particularly enjoy.

Aaron D.

pretty sure the credit is only good towards android apps. i just tried a few pc games and it didn't apply

Nope. I picked up FIFA 13 for $4.99, got my $5 credit and then flipped that to buy Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army for $0.00 (reg. $3.75 on sale).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nope. I picked up FIFA 13 for $4.99, got my $5 credit and then flipped that to buy Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army for $0.00 (reg. $3.75 on sale).

That's weird. I've ordered about 10 games from the Amazon sale, and got the $5 promotional credit email (once) but I can't apply the credit to another game I'm trying to buy (Scribblenauts Unmasked). So I guess it's a bit hit and miss.

Aaron D.

Yeah, I guess I got lucky or something as Nazi Zombie Army was a game I knew I wanted so I went straight to that next without troubleshooting any other titles.

Didn't have any credit in my account either prior to FIFA as I had to pay the full $4.99 for it.

MUnited83

For you.

Different promotion. Most people seem to be talking about the King's Bounty demo, which only gives 5$ for the Appstore. The Fifa credit does apply to PC game download purchases.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If you don't have Killing Floor already, bloody pick it up with all that dosh you got right now, lads. It's seriously one of the best wave-based arena games, in my opinion.

Speaking of which, what are the good DLCs?

The DLC is costumes and community weapons (the game itself has had free map updates and various developer weapon updates). So the DLC that's worth picking up would either be a costume you wanted (some have custom effects and/or voices), or weapons you want. I'll get a list of a DLC guide to some personal favorites in a sec.

MRORANGE

Would Company of Heroes 2 Western Fronts expansion be applicable for a review? It's a standalone expansion so does not need the original game, and rts's need more love.

I might write 60 words on it anyway and pm you later.

Yup, sure that's fine, send a PM before the deadline in 4 days.

The DLC is costumes and community weapons (the game itself has had free map updates and various developer weapon updates). So the DLC that's worth picking up would either be a costume you wanted (some have custom effects and/or voices), or weapons you want. I'll get a list of a DLC guide to some personal favorites in a sec.

So they're essentially only cosmetics and new weapons, right?
Maybe I could pick some single packs but the complete bundle is way more expensive than the vanilla version so I'll pass on that.
Thanks for your tips.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Games like Dishonored and the new Wolfenstien make me wish someone would make a title that is full out absurd like Bulletstorm was, but just for stealth kills. Even giant robots you could be able to sneak up behind and do a spectacular stealth kill no matter how improbable it is or ridiculous.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The State of Decay devs were pretty clever with the placeholder achievements for the final DLC:

cleverzzj08.jpg

Dr Dogg

Yeah, I still prefer to buy physical copies of albums that I particularly enjoy.

Thankfully my tastes in music isn't exactly catered for much these days or space might become an issue.

Raise your hand, if in Wolfenstein 2014, you just blindly fire both guns when double wielding.

No you crazy fool because that's the beauty of this game. You're not penalised by spread for hip firing and you have the most precise aiming tool in your hand, a mouse. Sure I run around sliding about like a kid at a wedding disco but I'm pulling off headshots left, right and centre. Even something like dual wielding auto shotguns you can move from target to target and have the room covered in puddles of blood and bones in seconds and not miss once!

JaseC

How can I give away a game which I own as a gift in my inventory with modbot again?

Send it to your e-mail address and use the redemption URL as a key. You can chop off the ?redeemer portion so you're not sharing your e-mail address.

Decker

Some of you guys were speaking of Condemned/F.E.A.R having issues with Logitech. I had to uninstall that filthy Setpoint software for my kb/m to work properly on Condemned. Also, is KiD cheapest on Nuuvem? They seem to have it for a bit over $15.

Condemned/Fear having logitech issues reminds me of my favorite PC game weirdness. Battlefront 2 wouldn't start for me unless I had something plugged into my mic port on my PC. Wasn't connected to anything, but I stuck a cord in there and it finally launched!

I had fps problem (no Logitech program installed).

Don't know if it's true, but I have read the problem is with the graphics engine, not Logitech SetPoint

I have tried this workaround and it worked perfectly:

Start --> Computer --> Right Mouse button --> Manage --> Device Manager --> disable all HID-compliant device

Hope it helps

fantomena

Hope it works.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ibb & Obb -- MB-25C3F9868C9E9D84 - Taken by Madridista. 25 entrants total.

t1401050798z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
If anybody wants a killing floor guest pass, shoot me a PM. Got a bunch of them when I bought the complete pack

Hey guys, can somebody provide me with a mock US billing address for Amazon? I would like to purchase a game there, but I'm from the UK. Any address would do, even a number on your street.

JaseC

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
President's Park
Washington, DC 20500

Doesn't Washington charge sales tax? Or is it like California in that said tax doesn't apply to digital goods (which is why I always just recommend Google's HQ to everyone)?;

Edit: Brain fart.

Crazy that people call DkS2 more shallow than the first one. I looked into every knook and cranny and I still missed tons of stuff on my first playthrough when watching the Wiki.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Please put your avatar back to Sayid. I do not like change.

His avatar reminds me of all the random, unpleasant, broken-english speaking people that add me on Steam when I'm trading. This particular AW avatar is very popular among them

It's also very popular among scammers. My ignore list is full of Alan Wakes

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Doesn't Washington charge sales tax? Or is it like California in that said tax doesn't apply to digital goods (which is why I always just recommend Google's HQ to everyone)?

Washington state does, but Washington, DC is not in Washington state, it's in the District of Columbia.

Jesb

Started playing RE Revelations again. Overall a pretty good RE game. Graphics are not going to wow you but it's a solid port, character models look very solid coming from a 3DS title. I liked that those enemies when you shoot them that explode actually effect other enemies that's close by. A lot of games make other surrounding enemies immune to that sort of thing. I'm up to episode 6 so far, going to continue on, been getting a RE itch lately.

JaseC

I Google'd and found this hilarious article from yesterday:

The title:
Final Fantasy XV PC Hinted By Square Enix!

The opening sentence:
PC gamers rejoice! Final Fantasy XV PC version confirmed!

The "evidence":
He also confirmed that the games were made with Direct X 11 tools and they've already confirmed that Final Fantasy XV will be released on PC.

(I've bolded the only part that actually has been confirmed.)

Washington state does, but Washington, DC is not in Washington state, it's in the District of Columbia.

Oh, duh. That's what I get for posting at 2am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom