• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

lAqTq9O.jpg

Random musing, Car Mechanic Simulator's in-game soundtrack is freaking smokin'.

YouTube samples:
Morr - Morrs Ruff Produckshunz Dub
cdk - Don't Go (RumbleStep Mix)
cdk - Once Again (Original RumbleStep Mix)

This game is so polished, it has no right to have 'Simulator 20xx' in the title.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Probably a silly question but people here seem to really like killer is dead, how come it got such mediocre reviews?

As with all Suda games, it's incredibly stylish and put on in a way that is going to alienate a lot of people, with rough-around-the-edges gameplay that's not fully developed. It shouldn't be surprising that a group of people self-selected for playing tons of games and liking weird, off-beat stuff like Suda more than the mass audience or mass audience reviewers. That doesn't make either party wrong, they are just looking for differing things.

denx

It already did, like two days ago.

And it's not like the game mode was eliminated, it was just retired from the playlist. You could still get CTF matches in Variety Pack.

Anyways, it seems like the publicity CTF got from being removed from the playlist did wonders because I haven't had much trouble finding CTF matches now.

As for Final Fantasy, the recent releases of FF games on Steam makes me think Squeenix plans to release every main FF game on Steam in the long run. It doesn't seem like porting FF 1 to 6 should be too difficult, although I have my doubts about the viability of X, XII and XIII on PC. I guess those could be a pain in the ass to port.

Parsnip

Just heard back from a friend who has near identical pc to mine (mine's stock clocked core i5-4670K, 8gigs of ram and a GTX 760, he has GTX 770 I think), and on his system watch doggies ran like crap. I'm too lazy to type it all out, but the way he described it made it sound like the problem was related to loading, like when exiting a building would grind the game down to sub 20 as the game tries to stream in new stuff. And driving a car around would similarly hitch, as if the world loading couldn't quite keep up. Didn't make a difference even when he turned everything to low and resolution to 720p, so who knows what's up with that.

With what Jonathan Morin said about needing a cpu that does 10,000 in passmark (4670K does 7700+), maybe it's the cpu then.

Doesn't bode well for me. :\

Sajjaja

Just heard back from a friend who has near identical pc to mine (mine's stock clocked core i5-4670K, 8gigs of ram and a GTX 760, he has GTX 770 I think), and on his system watch doggies ran like crap. I'm too lazy to type it all out, but the way he described it made it sound like the problem was related to loading, like when exiting a building would grind the game down to sub 20 as the game tries to stream in new stuff. And driving a car around would similarly hitch, as if the world loading couldn't quite keep up. Didn't make a difference even when he turned everything to low and resolution to 720p, so who knows what's up with that.

With what Jonathan Morin said about needing a cpu that does 10,000 in passmark (4670K does 7700+), maybe it's the cpu then.

Doesn't bode well for me. :\

Did he get it from a torrent?

didamangi

I feel like a ranged stun combined with jaunt is essentially a requirement for NG+ and limiters. You need something to keep enemies at bay, apply pressure, and destroy cell shields even when you are on cooldown.

Some other good combos

Purge() + Breech() + Jaunt()
Purge applies a DOT and slow effects to the target, Breech causes the attack to go much faster and much father. Purge also seeks targets, so you fire and forget.
Purge() was my main driver for NG+ with limiters, always had this equipped in one form or another.

Ping() + Cull() + Jaunt()
Gives a knockback effect to Ping() that knocks enemies into the air, rendering them inert for a second while you get away.

Probably should write that I'm only 6 hours into the game, so I don't even have all the functions and limiters and the upgrades but thanks for the tips :D

Hopefully the game will be more challenging on ng+ with all the limiters. I really love the combat and trying all the combination as it comes is really fun so far.

Parsnip

Did he get it from a torrent?

I don't think so, but I can't be sure to be honest.

But if you are referring to the bitcoin mining thing, it's not that. I asked him to check the taskmanager for anything that might be eating up the cpu, but there was nothing special there.

Grief.exe

Probably should write that I'm only 6 hours into the game, so I don't even have all the functions and limiters and the upgrades but thanks for the tips :D

Hopefully the game will be more challenging on ng+ with all the limiters. I really love the combat and trying all the combination as it comes is really fun so far.

The depth of the combat system blew wide open for me in NG+ with all of the limiters enabled. Supergiant remixed all of the encounters for NG+ to make them significantly more difficult, couple that with the limiters and the complexity jumps up by a wide margin.

I actually ended up playing the majority of NG+ in real-time as opposed to my first play through was spent as a tactical RPG.

I just bought a flight stick... Um, what games should I play with it?

I really need to get one for all these space games coming up.

Suggestions:
Albion Prelude
Freespace 2 + Freespace Open mod
Starcitizen combat beta opens in a few days.

Sajjaja

I don't think so, but I can't be sure to be honest.

But if you are referring to the bitcoin mining thing, it's not that. I asked him to check the taskmanager for anything that might be eating up the cpu, but there was nothing special there.

Nah not the bitcoin thing, but I read that some of those releases may not be the final release build so that may have been it. But I have no way to verify that.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Strike Suit Zero, if you have pedals as well and of course like space fights with a mech mode.

DCS World for the realistic simulator. Very much a simulator though.

Rise of Flight: Channel Battles Edition if you want another realistic title, though with a bit more action and less need for mechanic know how.

Descent: FreeSpace - The Great War, another space combat title. A classic so the graphics may take some getting used to, but a whole lot of fun and content to get into here.

Freespace 2 + Freespace Open mod

Also great if you don't mind getting off of Steam. The amount of mods, community projects, and full on conversions for FreeSpace 2 is just amazing. They even have the best Babylon 5 game ever made thanks to fans.
http://babylon.hard-light.net/

Authority

Banned
Linked
I should have said that Nomura mentioned it as a possibility, rather than said he is looking into it.

Sweet.

Probably a silly question but people here seem to really like killer is dead, how come it got such mediocre reviews?

My argument borderlines to a theory so take it as you please. West Journalism has always been against the core taste of the Asian Market for many years now. Examples include grind, sexual content, odd (for the Western standards) visuals, combat, story, plot and so on and so forth. Games like Aion, Drakengard 3, Killer Dead, Shadow Warrior, Blade & Soul (potentially) and alike with strong sexual content-and-violence will often look down upon because it is not the GTA-style-they-love.

Regardless, we will keep on getting more ports so in that respect my advice to you, is that whenever you see an "Asian" game that seems way outside of your comfort zone, give it a go and think for your self. It is true that for some of them you need to want to be open-minded if you do want to enjoy them.

tumblr_n5y0e6W3YX1rsska0o1_500.gif

tumblr_n63q7gC7Ey1qfhd73o1_400.jpg

Do not look down
tumblr_mugwfmcb3g1s6lhpwo6_1280.png

tumblr_n4ng60qyjm1tsgkuto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mn4rpplh3c1s8lhv0o1_1280.png

Milamber

Did you get a Saitek X52? They have that little mouse tracking nub on it that can emulate a mouse. Best flight stick ever. Quite handy when you need one hand for all the buttons instead of lifting it off to go to the mouse.

Just having that opens a ton more games other than flight sims.

EDIT: I gotta stop browsing this site on my phone. I can't type/refresh fast enough to be on time.

Tizoc

Sweet.

My argument borderlines to a theory so take it as you please. West Journalism has always been against the core taste of the Asian Market for many years now. Examples include grind, sexual content, odd (for the Western standards) visuals, combat, story, plot and so on and so forth. Games like Aion, Drakengard 3, Killer Dead, Shadow Warrior, Blade & Soul (potentially) and alike with strong sexual content-and-violence will often look down upon because it is not the GTA-style-they-love.

Regardless, we will keep on getting more ports so in that respect my advice to you, is that whenever you see an "Asian" game that seems way outside of your comfort zone, give it a go and think for your self. It is true that for some of them you need to want to be open-minded if you do want to enjoy them.

tumblr_n5y0e6W3YX1rsska0o1_500.gif

tumblr_n63q7gC7Ey1qfhd73o1_400.jpg

Do not look down
tumblr_mugwfmcb3g1s6lhpwo6_1280.png

tumblr_n4ng60qyjm1tsgkuto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mn4rpplh3c1s8lhv0o1_1280.png

I recognize Killer is Dead but what are the other games?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Did you get a Saitek X52? They have that little mouse tracking nub on it that can emulate a mouse. Best flight stick ever. Quite handy when you need one hand for all the buttons instead of lifting it off to go to the mouse.

Just having that opens a ton more games other than flight sims.

Oh that sounds way better than the old flight stick I used to have. Maybe I should go check out how much it i- $111.19+ $6.99 shipping.

It's nice to want things :/

Arthea

guys you wanna me dead with all talk about Drakengard on steam? Do you really want it on your conscience?

edited:
Went to see Godzi, then out of town for couple of days.
Godzilla was not that bad, too little of Godzi for my taste, but the monster king's screen time was of quality, I must say.

What's about QUBE dc? I've seen it's supposed to be free for owners, but it's not free for me. (._.)

Nabs

I've been really enjoying my DS4 on PC. The touchpad is a game changer. I'm trying to see if I want to use the touchpad buttons as replacements for Option and Share, or maybe screenshot + Mumble talk button. Actually, I can put the Option/Share on the touchpad, and replace the buttons for Screenshot + Mumble. Sheeiit. So many options.

Currently using an offshoot of an offshoot called DS4Windows J2K Build that gives you a ton of remapping options. It's an offshoot of DS4Windows, so use these install instructions if you haven't set it up yet.

Anteater

I've been really enjoying my DS4 on PC. The touchpad is a game changer. I'm trying to see if I want to use the touchpad buttons as replacements for Option and Share, or maybe screenshot + Mumble talk button. Actually, I can put the Option/Share on the touchpad, and replace the buttons for Screenshot + Mumble. Sheeiit. So many options.

Currently using an offshoot of an offshoot called DS4Windows J2K Build that gives you a ton of remapping options. It's an offshoot of DS4Windows, so use these install instructions if you haven't set it up yet.

you can fully customize the buttons and touchpad? that's really cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom