• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
However, Ubisoft (differently from what they did with Assassin's Creed IV) decided to automatically register the my "Russian" Watch_Dogs key to my account. I wonder if my Steam-key of the game is now a valid, non-registered key, and if I could give that away to my friend...

Well, that would work, but...

ac3steamuplaym4kjy.jpg

Inescapable actually could have been quite good. It looks and feels nice (like NES or maybe SNES metroid) but its just too shallow and linear. Still enjoyable but nothing great.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Uplay is a funny old beast. When I used the 2 promo codes I got with my GPU at checkout Uplay gave me 2 CD keys and told me to activate them in the client. Well Blacklist was already there and Black Flag came up invalid. When Black Flag released it had automatically added it to my account. Now because I'm peculiar I also rebought these on Steam and now I have 2 entries for Black Flag and Blacklist in Uplay. I think different vendors (ie Steam, Origin, Uplay itself) all have different app numbers hence the multiple entries.

So I guess that when I run the Steam version of Watch_Dogs, it'll ask me to register the key and, if it does, it'll register both on my account? Bummer.

On a side note, I tried redeeming some old Ubisoft game keys on my UPlay account (Some ghost recons and other stuff) and they're not redeemable - which is ok. The not ok part is Ubisoft temporarily banning my account for 60 minutes because I tried to redeem too many invalid keys after 3 attempts.

The day in which your newest franchise comes out. Nice day to do that, Ubisoft. Good thing I really don't care about Watch_Dogs... :D

What's the next big graphical showcase for the PC? Watch Dogs looks great most of the time, but seeing those new Order gifs really has been excited for what could be coming up.

The Order is easily the best looking game I've ever seen, it just looks real. Insane!

Dr Dogg

This is my Uplay library.

5ov0XrOl.png

Look at all them checklist games!!!

If I have Steam shut down and launch a Steam game from Uplay it starts up Steam because the .exe still has Steams DRM applied. There might be exceptions but not on any of this lot for me.

(OT)

Was away from GAF too much over the weekend. Did manage to get some exciting news though : looks like my wife and I are going to be parents in about 8 months. Not telling anyone is killing me, so this will have to do for now. It's all been pretty surreal so far.

Missed this somehow. Congratulations!

Wolfenstein is the real deal.

Great, great game. I'm really curious to hear what the gunplay aficionados think of it. I personally thought it some some of the best I've experienced. Really loved the flak attachment on the shotgun.

I thought the gunplay was fantastic, but the poor gun sounds really did it no favors. The devs should visit their neighbours at DICE and learn a thing or two from them.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What's the next big graphical showcase for the PC? Watch Dogs looks great most of the time, but seeing those new Order gifs really has been excited for what could be coming up.

The Witcher 3 in February 2015 is obviously going to be a benchmark. I wouldn't be surprised if Metro Redux ends up being a pretty good graphical showcase given that 2033 was upon release. Not sure if any multiplats this fall will end up being any good, maybe AC Unity since a few of Ubisoft's PC ports have ended up being visual showcases (of course it'll also be a showcase for uplay, so...)

Watch_Dogs is a cross-generational game. This fall is the first time that some of the multiplatform games will be next-generation only.

nexen

I thought the gunplay was fantastic, but the poor gun sounds really did it no favors. The devs should visit their neighbous at DICE and learn a thing or two from them.

Yeah, RB6:V/V2 and BF4 do have better gun sounds, but the guns in Wolfie are still super good compared to most games.

Yes, no one in here ever complained when Steam was dying all the time a while ago. We also never make any Tuesday-maintenance-jokes.

And have never made a thread title about it either...

This is my Uplay library.

5ov0XrOl.png

Look at all them checklist games!!!

That is a shitton of box filling.

...I like it.

Massive congratulations man! Looks like you will be kicking off 2015 with very little sleep :p

Congrats! Name if Gaben for the glory of Steam.

Congrats MMBosstones!

Congrats MMBosstones.

You better start saving because baby stuff is real expensive.

Thanks all!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly never liked any of the Wolfensteins.
Wolf3D made me motion sick and didn't 'wow' me like Doom did.
I missed the boat on RTCW, so I don't have much of an opinion on it.
Wolf 2009 (?) I found dull and repetative.

This is a proper reboot in that it doesn't have much to do with any of the previous work at all. The main character actually has a personality. The game actually has a story and emotional resonance. Plus the combat is just .. fun.

I also hated RAGE. I thought megatexture was a flop and the world and story were almost non-existent. I'm a big fan of story in games.
I forgot about 2009 (which I also didn't play). I may get this new game once it hits $5 territory then, instead of never.

Rage is something I've yet to play. Despite its criticism, I still want to try it.

Dr Dogg

That is a shitton of box filling.

...I like it

What I'm surprised you missed is that they are all in order unlike Steam (well Liberation is off to the end but that's kind of a side story). No ACIII before Revelations and with Brotherhood at the end. Steam needs to step it up of Uplay is going to be grabbing market share.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I had my first kid in January, don't let people scare you. You'll still be able to play games and baby stuff isn't that expensive. Congrats!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(OT)

Was away from GAF too much over the weekend. Did manage to get some exciting news though : looks like my wife and I are going to be parents in about 8 months. Not telling anyone is killing me, so this will have to do for now. It's all been pretty surreal so far.

Conga-rats.

Nuveem has GTA IV complete edition for 9R$ (3€)

Is it safe to buy from there ?

Yes. Use Google Translate to help with making an account.

What I'm surprised you missed is that they are all in order unlike Steam (well Liberation is off to the end but that's kind of a side story). No ACIII before Revelations and with Brotherhood at the end. Steam needs to step it up of Uplay is going to be grabbing market share.

...Whoa....

Uplay and their next-gen client are where its at. Time to switch over.

Li Kao

Ok, so I won't deny that the thing can seem borderline temper tantrum-y but I'm angry with the whole Gamefly mess on my end.
Not that I want to drop everything and play Watch Dogs naow, I can wait but there is something that really irks me about the whole thing. I have been a customer from them when they were Direct2Drive, I have accepted that they somehow link my paypal account to their system, my paypal account is as flawless as can be, and yet all I got is a fucking automated email saying there was an error, without saying which error, and it has been radio silence since then.

So my question : as far as I can see there has been no paypal transaction, can I cancel the order and go to a digital store which, maybe, if it's not too much to ask, sell games ?

They can't even explain what went wrong in their stupid email, how can I fix what I don't know about for fucks sake.

Ok, so I won't deny that the thing can seem borderline temper tantrum-y but I'm angry with the whole Gamefly mess on my end.
Not that I want to drop everything and play Watch Dogs naow, I can wait but there is something that really irks me about the whole thing. I have been a customer from them when they were Direct2Drive, I have accepted that they somehow link my paypal account to their system, my paypal account is as flawless as can be, and yet all I got is a fucking automated email saying there was an error, without saying what error, and it has been radio silence since then.

So my question : as far as I can see there has been no paypal transaction, can I cancel the order and go to a digital store which, maybe, if it's not too much to ask, sell games ?

They can't even explain what went wrong in their stupid email, how can I fix what I don't know about for fucks sake.

FWIW this happened to me once as well. And like you, it was after I had made many purchases from them in the past. I think they asked me to let them know a good time when they could call me or something but I didn't bother. A few hours later my purchase went through on it's own and I got the email with my game key. Didn't have to contact them at all.

I'd say just wait it out for a few hours and hopefully it fixes itself.

Tizoc

If anyone doesn't have Might and Magic Clash of Heroes, let me remind you that it does not use uPlay. It's my most played game of the past gen. Get it if you like match 3 games, and even if you don't like match 3 games, get it because it's puzzle elements are really fun, and it has a rather interesting difficulty.

Evrain

(OT)

and thus is the circle of life.
Awwwww congratulations! <3

Grief.exe

i guess ill just ask again...

Is it safe to switch on VPN everyday to play watch_dogs? will it eventually get my account locked or suspended?

It is safe.

Valve looks the other way for using a VPN to run your games. The only issue is using a VPN to take advantage of regional prices.

god I hope so. That's the dream, right??

Just need Uplay to be dead by the time The Division releases.

rookiejet

Is megatexturing a distinctly perceptible thing? I'm always surprised when it's specifically brought up. In my mind, it's like, you only notice it (or you think you notice it) when someone tells you it's there. And even then. *squints very hard at some RAGE screens*

Dr Dogg

Were the rumors of the Steam version of Watch Dogs only requiring a Uplay overlay false?

What kind of happened was some people took this article...

http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/uplay-for-watch-dogs-on-pc-only-for-activation/

and assumed Uplay was just a CD check, ala Rockmith on Steam. When in fact what was really going to happen (as anyone who had been keeping up with Uplay's features that never get any press might have known) is that you can run the game in offline mode after you've activated it and never have to deal with Uplay as a service. Client will still be there in all it's glory but if your internet connection goes down at least you won't be hunting down Yves.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Final Fantasy 3 is out. looks like either a DS remake or a iOS port, im not sure

MUnited83

For you.

Ruruja

Stumpokapow's GTAV on PC source: JPopLovers.net

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Inescapable -- MB-E45BE261CD538714 - Taken by DunderHassan

Lomax

Has anyone here gotten any achievements tracked on Playfire since the weekend? They admitted to having a problem (and blame it on Steam), but they insist it's only "a small number of users" while it really seems to be almost universal. I figure anyone not having a problem won't be posting about it, so if there's anyone who everything is still fine and dandy, could you drop into the Playfire thread and tell us what games you had tracked? Thanks.

SparkTR

I think I have over 300 games in my backlog now, it's gotten to the point where I have no choice but to sacrifice a lot of my work/social life in order to get them played. And worse still I can't stop adding to it, somebody help me.

Anteater

I think I have over 300 games in my backlog now, it's gotten to the point where I have no choice but to sacrifice a lot of my work/social life in order to get them played. And worse still I can't stop adding to it, somebody help me.

just don't play any of it and focus on adding games instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom