• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Congrats MMBosstones86!!!!

Play what you can ASAP, because you won't have time later for a while :p

4K laptops haven't gone mainstream yet, so MBP's retina screen still holds the crown, the unibody case is awesome, and its battery life is extremely impressive for a non-ultrabook laptop with a potent CPU.
Under that pretence rMBPs are not mainstream either ;)
The monitor doesn't hold the crown for anything, several makers do nice unibody designs (which are not my cup of tea, I like the ability to disassemble my machines thank you), and extensive battery life for laptops is not a rarity anymore. Hell, the old XPS 1530M I had (from 2008!) lasted almost 3 hours on heavy workload, and that was without Optimus or extended batteries.

well, im not personally trying to shit on the game
If it were a 3DS game you'd praising it to high heavens!

Looks like my i5 4670K is safe...
So whenever I get it, it's 30fps@High at best to me D:

It's a bit annoying that no one is going to test and benchmark older cards that came out two years ago. I'm sure numbers for the 560Ti or 6970 would be interesting, but sites don't care. Eh.

e: PCGH to the rescue.

Rg7a57a.png

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Watch...s/Watch-Dogs-Test-GPU-CPU-Benchmarks-1122327/
The one posted by Milamber has both of those cards and several others.

You should read the most recent posts on the GFWL closure thread, there is someone who thinks Microsft isn't ending the service and that all the developers removing GFWL from their games are listening to idiots who started this rumor.
Holy shit #dead

RE: GTA5 on PC... GTA5 is coming to PC.
It was always a question of "when", not of "if" :p

I launch Uplay.
Uplay updates.
Uplay tells me it can't connect, so I click OK.
Uplay tells me that I don't own Watch Dogs, so I click OK.
Uplay crashes.

Oh Uplay, you're so crazy.
It's trying to do you a favour!

Shut up man, you already made me cry. I now have my boss behind me, asking me why is Jar Jar Ronald McDonald posting on a gaming forum, and if I can give him her Steam ID.

The latter isn't true. He's more of an Origin guy.
Bestest name? Bestest name.

I think I have over 300 games in my backlog now, it's gotten to the point where I have no choice but to sacrifice a lot of my work/social life in order to get them played. And worse still I can't stop adding to it, somebody help me.
Oh we'll help you indeed
to add more games to that backlog

Knurek

Speaking of FFIII, it's in top ten ATM. Really good considering it was available to preorder on Humble Store, and there's no 'early bird' discount on Steam.

derExperte

WOLF AMONG US IS DOWNLOADING THE NEW EPISODE!

Did you have the chance to play for some time ? Never really experienced launch server problems. Must be more infuriating than a reseller run by monkeys. And that's saying something.
Welcome to the digital age, yeah sure ( 'T_T)

First two missions, yes. And I could play offline so it's not too bad.

Yeah I don't really understand this kind of game design. Speaking of FF3 is it fair to assume that it will require Square Enix account?
I don't even know what the thought process is behind people designing achievements like that. Yes, I want to suck out any possible misconception that the game is actually fun. Subjected myself to similar achievement torture the last few days and I'm done with it. (Edit: Just noticed that y'all were talkin' about MGS4 earlier, how appropriate.)

(OT)

Was away from GAF too much over the weekend. Did manage to get some exciting news though : looks like my wife and I are going to be parents in about 8 months. Not telling anyone is killing me, so this will have to do for now. It's all been pretty surreal so far.
Congrats!

Li Kao

Speaking of FFIII, it's in top ten ATM. Really good considering it was available to preorder on Humble Store, and there's no 'early bird' discount on Steam.

Show that for all the mistakes SE made over the years, the company and the FF brand is still strong. If only they could come back to their sense and release an emulator collection ala Sega, as someone said yesterday, I'm sure it would sell realllly well.
But it makes too much sense. Better bury the legacy IPs. I'm speaking about the whole of SE production evidently, they do a... passable, job on the FF brand.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If there is a Wolf Among Us midweek madness sale, I'll be tempted to pick it up. But I also want to start in on FF3...
I'll probably get both.

EDIT: Looks like Wolf Among Us can wait for a discount. :)

Nzyme32

Because of the new Evil Within impressions, I am now officially 100% checked-in on the Evil Within train. It probably won't do well with mainstream, but sounds like it'll be really appealing to genre fans. Looks like it'll look great on PC too (outside of texture pop-ins likely from the engine).

the-evil-within-gif-1.gif

Just had a bit of a read on it. It's looking and sounding great. Definitely on my radar now

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Daily Bastion 85% off
Midweek
  • Painkiller Hell & Damnation 80% off
  • Audiosurf 75% off
  • Audiosurf 2 40% off

Man, I wish I could buy Audiosurf 2, but out of principle I refuse to purchase games that feature man defying gravity.

Grief.exe

Yakkue

About Final Fantasy III... I don't think that those who already bought it on DS/PSP/Ouya/Android/iOS/WP will buy it again, considering its high price.

Well, I bought it on DS and just now again on Steam. Though I had 10 € GMG credit and used the 20% off voucher, so it was basically free :D I'm looking forward to playing through it again!

Edit:
So nuuvem is having a 2k sale 2 games for 20 reais.

Has anyone been able to buy? It doesn't allow me to add to cart because I already own it (WTF, I'm not even logged in).

You need to use a VPN to access that deal.

L.O.R.D

quote from watch dogs OT

i can't buy this game from steam
maybe its banned in the middle east ?
if it banned .. why i can still access the store page of the game ?
this is what i see
qVVF8NA.jpg

i changed the ip to US IP
HZ6bEUl.jpg

i still can't access GTA4 from steam page

does anyone know the problem ?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
(OT)

Was away from GAF too much over the weekend. Did manage to get some exciting news though : looks like my wife and I are going to be parents in about 8 months. Not telling anyone is killing me, so this will have to do for now. It's all been pretty surreal so far.

Congrats mate.Trust me when I say kids are the greatest game you can play, a bit long mind you, but great. Best of all, no DRM attached, you can take them anywhere and they still work.

Bit of an Alpha those first few years, but then it gets right up and full of new options and game modes to play around with. Sadly there does seem to be a bug where Online is required to keep things running smoothly when they start getting older and you'll have to have a decent smart phone just to access any extra modes, but it balances out I assure you.

Seriously though, enjoy it all. Nothing in life has made me happier than my daughter and I wish you the same with your child.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like Ubi's bumped up the price of the Watch Dogs Season Pass to 799 Russiabucks, making it the seocnd-most expensive option behind only the UK price (~USD$26 versus ~USD$23). Good job there, guys.

Wasn't VT4 delisted from Steam? Also, anyone else having troubles starting downloads right now?

EDIT: nevermind, a router reboot and a few punches fixed it.
EDIT-bis: thanks for Inquisitor Rhaknar!

You're thinking of 2009. It was removed voluntarily since you can still buy the game from Sega's own DD store. I asked if I could receive a Steam key if I were to buy it but of course the answer was "If it's not on Steam then we can't provide keys" (which is actually false).

quote from watch dogs OT

does anyone know the problem ?

The problem is that it's not available. If you want it you'll need to have someone gift it to you.

Yakkue

Weird that's not the usual message.

Do you know if it's worldwide key or region restricted?

Yes, I was pretty lost after that message as well at first, but it works fine once you use a VPN. The games I bought (Civ V + Brand New World) were not restricted and I think the other deals are region free as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
but i can still access the store page for the game
strange , why the page is still up ? haven't they made up their mind yet ?

Ubi does this sometimes. Before Anno 1404 returned it had a store page without a buy button for three years.

Yes, I was pretty lost after that message as well at first, but it works fine once you use a VPN. The games I bought (Civ V + Brand New World) were not restricted and I think the other deals are region free as well.

Nice, thanks for the help.

Gonna buy me some games.

Icefire1424

Never realized how fast this thread moves...damn. That chart detailing the Watch Dogs content is pretty insane. I now feel really old remembering the good 'ol days when all the content that was, or ever would be on a game was there when you bought the cartridge.

*memories.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Did anyone just want these?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-B9CEAFEE9481DFD0 - Taken by Cth. 9 entrants total.
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain -- MB-A1BC28AF02871B0A - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
Inquisitor Deluxe Edition -- MB-3C2DA29294BB1EA7 - Taken by Li Kao. 5 entrants total.

t1401212339z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom