• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any thoughts on having a Steam Client Green/Light soon?

Given Valve's apparent love for crowdsourcing, I'm surprised there isn't already a "Steam Workshop" for the client/website itself. It would be a great way to showcase (and keep up to date) things like client skins, as well as more complicated mods like Enhanced Steam (or perhaps, just individual "workshop" files with Enhanced Steam's features all split out separately).

Great for Valve, great for Steam, great for the consumer. Win win situation.

AHA-Lambda

Hmm, Audiosurf 2 is still too expensive =/

I mean it's still early access, the first game is much cheaper and they're functionally so similar.

I'd totally buy it if they put in Spotify support though but I doubt that.

Yakkue

Can anyone confirm if FFIII is fullscreen without the black borders(that VII and VIII have)native 1080p?

Sorry to dissappoint you:
n4kkh9T.png

fXPl66Z.jpg

But you don't need a SquareEnix account to play.

derExperte

Please be excited.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Inescapable -- MB-2EEA6D6D28B9F873 - Taken by Exuro

I caved. Ended up not owning Combat Wings and Tropico Trilogy even though I thought I did. Unexpected win.

Thank you.

Li Kao

Ok, so Gamefly just gave me a call to verify my paypal infos. I didn't really speak English for 15 years. That must not have been pretty for the poor guy at the other end of the phone.
Still, has nice as the man was, 3 hours to verify a digital order, and as commendable as the thing might be, is a little long for my tastes.

nexen

I caved. Ended up not owning Combat Wings and Tropico Trilogy even though I thought I did. Unexpected win.

ModBot said:
Instructions for nexen:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-9FD0334D29358BA5 - Taken by Rezae
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-2E096860193AC27D - Taken by Miker
Inquisitor Deluxe Edition -- MB-76A8C7DC021FD512 - Taken by derExperte

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Playfire rewards for Final Fantasy III. Nice thought, but the "play for the first time" reward is the only one you're likely to get in the next 6 days, unless you play it for 10 hours a day for the next week.

Hopefully they'll have game for sale on GMG (that works with the 20% coupon) before I get home from work tonight.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ghostlight ‏@ghostlightgames May 23

@Rhaknar Let's just say they've done well enough for us to continue bringing games to steam.

when I asked if their games have been doing good on steam

Grief.exe

I didn't realize there would be a delay between the Ultra Street Fighter IV console release and PC release.

The upgrade situation necessitating GFWL copies activating on Steam is probably causing some extra headaches for them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does anyone want Dead Island Epidemic if only for the +1?

Arthea

I just bought FF3 on steam and then remembered that I could have used gmg credit on it and discount. (><)
OTOH my plan still stands: to wait for discount on South Park and use my credit, make it worth for me (probability being very high that I won't like it).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
so what happens in 17mins on humblebundle? A new 2-week bundle or nothing at all?

Watch_Dogs Dedsec edition for $129.99, the charity of choice is Yves Guillemot's kids private school tuition, BTA of $199.99 to get a free uplay avatar code for a shirt that says uplay in poorly rendered text.

Arthea

Watch_Dogs Dedsec edition for $129.99, the charity of choice is Yves Guillemot's kids private school tuition, BTA of $199.99 to get a free uplay avatar code for a shirt that says uplay in poorly rendered text.

I totally can see it happening, at the rate things are evolving on HB (><)

Tizoc

Thank you jshackles for the AMD tip!
Got a code for $27 and got Murdered and Banner Saga!

Is Dirt 3 good? I think I have Dirt 2, if DiRT 2 is better, I'll just give it away :V

jshackles

Is Dirt 3 good? I think I have Dirt 2, if DiRT 2 is better, I'll just give it away :V

You're welcome!

To everyone else: If you're planning on picking Murdered: Soul Suspect at launch, there is no reason at all you shouldn't just buy an AMD code.

Rhaknar

You're welcome!

To everyone else: If you're planning on picking Murdered: Soul Suspect at launch, there is no reason at all you shouldn't just buy an AMD code.

that requires more effort than going on GMG and clicking BUY :(

Euphor!a

Banned
Could I convince someone to buy me Sleeping Dogs on Amazon for $6 and I'll buy you something similarly priced on Steam or anything via PayPal I guess?

Grief.exe

Mine goes up to 1440x900, which is my native resolution.
Though the game itself runs at a 5:3 resolution with borders for anything else (1280x768, personally using a 1000x600 custom resolution in window mode).

That's what people were saying in the Steam forums, though I couldn't find any actual proof to link here.

Should go near your monitor's native resolution, but will be in 5:3 with bars.

Could possibly set up a custom resolution through drivers that could skirt this issue or downsample the game.

Rhaknar

I know Bundle Stars deals are usually garbage but this is actually a pretty good deal - Tropico 1/2/3, Hard Reset, and Zeno Clash 2 for just 2 bucks.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/reboot-bundle-4/

bundlestars deals are FAR from garbage. they have a lot of garbage bundles, but they make it up for some great ones like the gray matter one for example. and they always have multiple bundles at the same time so its not like youre stuck with the garbage one

The Forest and the Stomping Grounds both on the 30th? I know very little beyond the store pages for these two games, but which one is going to be more impressive/should I get? Leaning towards The Forest though. I'm talking beyond content, I know what they are about, impressions are gonna be interesting.

Arthea

Could I convince someone to buy me Sleeping Dogs on Amazon for $6 and I'll buy you something similarly priced on Steam or anything via PayPal I guess?

you know that Sleeping Doggies go on sale on steam regularly and for about the same price, don't you? Just checking.

Benedict

Whats this tip?

Edit: Thanks dice for Battle of Britain, wonder if it's as good as the old Lucasarts classic...

I didn't realize there would be a delay between the Ultra Street Fighter IV console release and PC release.

The upgrade situation necessitating GFWL copies activating on Steam is probably causing some extra headaches for them.

The delay of Ultra on PC is kinda bullshit. Consoles can buy the digital version like two months in advance of the physical media release, which is relatively soon I believe. The PC digital release is the same day as physical release on consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom