• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

New Indie Gala bundle.

Pay Minimum $1 to get these!
Little Trus Man (ON GREENLIGHT)
Oniken
Syberia II
Zeno Clash 2

Pay more than $3.89 to unlock these games!
Jets'n'Guns Gold
Blood Knights
A New Reckoning
Rock of Ages
M.U.D. TV

Deques

New Indie Gala bundle.

Pay Minimum $1 to get these!
Little Trus Man (ON GREENLIGHT)
Oniken
Syberia II
Zeno Clash 2

Pay more than $3.89 to unlock these games!
Jets'n'Guns Gold
Blood Knights
A New Reckoning
Rock of Ages
M.U.D. TV

Blood Knights! Yay, it was worth waiting for it. Now waiting for happy hour :D

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You're welcome!

To everyone else: If you're planning on picking Murdered: Soul Suspect at launch, there is no reason at all you shouldn't just buy an AMD code.
Speaking of the AMD deal. I got a 270X on March 21st. Did I just miss out or is there something I could do to register my card and get a code?

Edit:

Ax6kesN.gif

Imo the BTA tier is very good.

Might be because the two weeks of Humble Fail Bumble have lowered my standards, but it seems pretty decent to me.

I had some good fun out of Symphony and Skulls of the Shogun has been on my wishlist for some time now.

Strange. The huge Icons somehow destroid the layout for me and the BTA tier was like 300 miles under the normal tier.

Yeah the BTA tier is worth the money.

Li Kao

Ok, so now that things are back to normal, err I mean half-expected, Ubi servers down etc. Just a question, is it normal that the launcher crash ? I mean, okay, no servers, no connexion, I get it. But upon an unsuccessful connexion attempt I also get a message saying the client has crashed...
Oh and to the DDE buyers, did you get 2 keys ? One for the game and one for the white hat pack ?

ezodagrom

That's what people were saying in the Steam forums, though I couldn't find any actual proof to link here.

Should go near your monitor's native resolution, but will be in 5:3 with bars.

Could possibly set up a custom resolution through drivers that could skirt this issue or downsample the game.
Hmm, forgot to share pictures there (I was the one to post on the steam forums about the 5:3 resolution). ^^;
1000x600 - 5:3
FF3_Win322014-05-2718-59-33-253.jpg~original

1280x720 - 16:9
FF3_Win322014-05-2719-00-28-861.jpg~original

1440x900 - 16:10
FF3_Win322014-05-2719-00-58-535.jpg~original

Personally I just intend to play in window mode, which is why I set up a custom resolution at 1000x600, anything bigger kinda feels too big in my display. ^^;

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Please take it because otherwise it will go to one of the ninjas that are lurking the FREE to a good home thread

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-B60E0BF1D4267BE0 - Taken by Purkake4

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Ghostlight ‏@ghostlightgames May 23

@Rhaknar Let's just say they've done well enough for us to continue bringing games to steam.

when I asked if their games have been doing good on steam

Good, Steam needs more Japanese games, especially JRPGs and dungeon crawlers.

so what happens in 17mins on humblebundle? A new 2-week bundle or nothing at all?

Feels like I'm buying nothing at all!
Nothing at all!
Nothing at all!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Some humble extras

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Draw a Stickman EPIC -- MB-84833FB5D55A16AB - Taken by Kiru
Fieldrunners 2 -- MB-4CE75EBDA87AA552 - Taken by drakaenae
Symphony -- MB-CB4251FE719BAC51 - Taken by Saty
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-508292FB391EB06B - Taken by Scipius

19Kilo

Extras...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-8CF2BB39E2E88B3D - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 4 entrants total.
Tropico Trilogy -- MB-1BB38CDF62FF08C5 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 4 entrants total.

t1401214650z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what are these indiegala points for anyway? I have 150k >_>

Capcom likely had to come up with a way for people to redeem physical media copies of SFIV, SSFIV and SSFIV:AE because they're riddled with GFWL but the delay on the PC upgrade is kinda of shitty.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/15/ultra-street-fighter-iv-release-dates-console-pc/

North America:

USFIV digital upgrade (PS3) – June 3rd ($14.99)
USFIV digital upgrade (360) – June 4th ($14.99)
USFIV digital upgrade (PC) – August 8th ($14.99)
USFIV retail version (PS3/360) – August 5th ($39.99)
USFIV full digital bundle (PS3) – August 5th ($39.99)
USFIV full digital bundle (PC) – August 8th ($29.99)

Europe:

USFIV digital upgrade (PS3) – June 4th (€14.99/£11.99)
USFIV digital upgrade (360) – June 4th (€14.99/£11.99)
USFIV digital upgrade (PC) – August 8th (€14.99/£11.99)
USFIV retail version (PS3/360) – August 8th (€29.99/£19.99)
USFIV full digital bundle (PS3) – August 8th (€29.99/£19.99)
USFIV full digital bundle (PC) – August 8th (€29.99/£19.99)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
what are these indiegala points for anyway? I have 150k >_>

You can also use them to enter Gala Giveaways on their Steamgifts knockoff site, but I've never got that site to work personally since I have so many games and it goes through such a long process gathering a list of your games that the page times out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone got their blood knbight bundle keys yet?

aku:jiki

will buy under 5$ probably...maybe not we will see
It was already under $5 when you posted that bro.

I'll wait a little more and get it for Metal Slug and Skulls. Breach & Clear looks like it might be decent too?

You can get small discounts on the Gala Store by using them. But they don't sell anything worthwhile.
You're supposed to be able to use them on GalaGiveaways, but the account linking has never worked when I've tried it.

Something doesn't work on a Gala site; quite shocking indeed!

19Kilo

Already have this one.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-69B1FAE25ED8A56E - Taken by Saty. 18 entrants total.

t1401215806z1.png

Milamber

Welp, can't play Watch_Dogs, guess I'll do some side quests in AC IV.
Okay, that's down, now that I think about it, It's because it uses uPlay too. Guess I'll play with the AC IV Companion App and get some money for my fleet.
Haha, that was stupid of me. Guess I'll check the ctOS App for a quick match.
*currently dying of embarrassment*

Welp, can't play Watch_Dogs, guess I'll do some side quests in AC IV.
Okay, that's down, now that I think about it, It's because it uses uPlay too. Guess I'll play with the AC IV Companion App and get some money for my fleet.
Haha, that was stupid of me. Guess I'll check the ctOS App for a quick match.
*currently dying of embarrassment*

uPlay don't let you play offline?

Congratulations :D

+1 PC gamer. ; ) Congrats, man!

Congrats! As a fairly new parent of a 1 year old I have learned controller games on the TV have saved gaming for me. My daughter loves to bash the keyboard whenever it is out in the open but the controller she seems to ignore especially when I can give her a controller of her own (with no batteries in it). Gaming with kids can be done! Just not nearly as much of it :)

Congrats MMBosstones86!!!!

Play what you can ASAP, because you won't have time later for a while :p

Congrats!

Thanks all!

Congrats mate.Trust me when I say kids are the greatest game you can play, a bit long mind you, but great. Best of all, no DRM attached, you can take them anywhere and they still work.

Bit of an Alpha those first few years, but then it gets right up and full of new options and game modes to play around with. Sadly there does seem to be a bug where Online is required to keep things running smoothly when they start getting older and you'll have to have a decent smart phone just to access any extra modes, but it balances out I assure you.

Seriously though, enjoy it all. Nothing in life has made me happier than my daughter and I wish you the same with your child.

oh wow. This post is fantastic.

Thanks!

DLC tends to be region locked, right?

Also, you said GTA not WD for what it's worth :)

EDIT:
watch%20dogs%20release%20chart.jpg

Stump's chart is better

I'm so ready to buy Blacklist on the summer sale after waiting so long.

Same here. i'm prepared for a disappointing discount though.

Milamber

Ubisoft should give us free games for this travesty.

EDIT: I mad.
EDIT 2: I knew it would happen but still...
EDIT 3: Hmm... Saints Row IV is tempting.

Authority

Banned
Given Valve's apparent love for crowdsourcing, I'm surprised there isn't already a "Steam Workshop" for the client/website itself. It would be a great way to showcase (and keep up to date) things like client skins, as well as more complicated mods like Enhanced Steam (or perhaps, just individual "workshop" files with Enhanced Steam's features all split out separately).

Great for Valve, great for Steam, great for the consumer. Win win situation.

Sweet.

Have you tried to contact them about it?

God, seriously, who releases a game with point texture filtering only on PC?
What is this, pre-3dfx, software renderer era?

tumblr_inline_mujyhmaM2a1rtrz76.jpg

tumblr_inline_mujyibOx0V1rtrz76.jpg

tumblr_inline_mujyisDrdZ1rtrz76.jpg

tumblr_inline_mujyo84lga1rtrz76.jpg

but I agree.

Videospel

A question about the Immortal Throne expansion for Titan Quest. Can I buy it on Steam and combine it with the version I got from the THQ humble bundle, even though that one says "retail" and the the description of the expansion says that it requires a "Steam version"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom