• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess I should just buy a 780 Ti then? Just feeling like my 670 is really hitting the edge. Can play everything at max with a 30 FPS cap but that's generally not desirable, and I love downsampling which I can't do with most games now.

Don't think I can wait until 2015.

Grief.exe

So I guess I should just buy a 780 Ti then? Just feeling like my 670 is really hitting the edge. Can play everything at max with a 30 FPS cap but that's generally not desirable, and I love downsampling which I can't do with most games now.

Don't think I can wait until 2015.

Chasing the max game is an exercise in futility.

Turn down some of the settings that have extreme diminishing returns during gameplay, for example you don't need AA at x8 or AO at maximum.

From the leaks we have seen, its sounding like the 800 series isn't going to be a dramatic step up from the 700's either.

Chasing the max game is an exercise in futility.

Turn down some of the settings that have extreme diminishing returns during gameplay, for example you don't need AA at x8 or AO at maximum.

From the leaks we have seen, its sounding like the 800 series isn't going to be a dramatic step up from the 700's either.

I like playing bullshots :p

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is Monochroma released or not?

It's showing up on the New Releases tab and it even has a "Play for the first time" reward on Playfire. However, store page says that it's coming soon.

r3n4ud

Oh jesus

ZSH4WFo.png

No wonder things don't get done :/

Grief.exe

All this Watch_Dogs talk is making me want to play an open world game.

I'm thinking either Sleeping Dogs, Bully, or San Andreas.

I'm leaning towards the latter as that is one of my top games of all time and I don't think I have played it in 10 years.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you guys could have said motte island was in a new indieroyale >_>

oh well, ill pay it forward

Copons

Spare key!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Symphony -- MB-3DBFFF872DEA4543 - Taken by Vlad

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Because when I think of honouring Alan Turing's memory and reflecting on his contributions to our understanding of computation and intelligence, I think of making money off selling low-end animu JRPGs. ;)

Maybe Indie Royale is seeing if their customers can pass the Turing test.

All this Watch_Dogs talk is making me want to play an open world game.

I'm thinking either Sleeping Dogs, Bully, or San Andreas.

I'm leaning towards the latter as that is one of my top games of all time and I don't think I have played it in 10 years.

Crackdown!!! or SR4 if you havent beaten it like me :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
boo!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Motte Island -- MB-1287761E006AD3BF - Taken by Purkake4

Rhaknar

oh theres a new Anomaly game coming, cool. I loved the first one, still need to get the other 2 (well 3 now)

Thinking I might beat Watch Dogs and sell my 670 and buy a Ti. The power thirst is strong, especially with Star Citizen's dogfighting alpha coming out.

Must resist ;-;

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Grief.exe

Getting San Andreas running might seem daunting at first, but I think I have it down. There are literally thousands of potential mod configurations out there, but this is essentially the bare minimum required to play the game.

Here are some notes on my installation. YMMV with these, so only do them if you are having issues.

• Launch directly from the exe, not Steam.
  • Ginput was causing crashes.
  • Install Microsoft Direct-X Runtimes 2010.
  • Run in compatibility mode Windows XP SP3.
  • Rename the files in the movies folder to skip splash screens.
  • Alt-tab is hit or miss.
  • Go to the gta-sa process in task manager and set CPU affinity to one core for mouse controls.

Dr Dogg

Final Fantasy 3 PC looked a bit like Final Fantasy for DS so I checked:
This one is the PC screenshot from this thread:
fXPl66Z.jpg

This one is a DS emulator screenshot:
2014-05-28_19-59-56_zps91c52968.png

Besides text being rendered for proper resolution and blurrying backgrounds I don't see much difference.

Ewwwwwww!!! What on earth is that hideous filter doing on the PC version, get it off, off, OFF!

Yeah, to get any of the GTA games to display properly in widescreen, nonstretched HD and properly work with a 360 controller is one of those things that can really test your patience with PC gaming. It took me over an hour to get GTA3 going and even then the 360 controller prompts only seem to kinda work.

abracadaver

I still don't know how the trading cards work.

After I unlocked my free cards what do I do to complete the set ? I won't pay money

It says I can get booster packs, but how often do you get them ? after a few hours, days or weeks ?

Vyse24

After I unlocked my free cards what do I do to complete the set ? I won't pay money

It says I can get booster packs, but how often do you get them ? after a few hours, days or weeks ?

You pay or trade with others to complete the set. As for the packs, it's once-in-a-while. Every 10 levels though you'll have a better chance at getting them.

Grief.exe

1. After I unlocked my free cards what do I do to complete the set ? I won't pay money
  2. It says I can get booster packs, but how often do you get them ? after a few hours, days or weeks ?

1. You have to sell or trade cards from other games to acquire the cards you need to complete the set. The easiest way is to sell a few on the market, then buy the ones you need, many or quite cheap.
  2. Booster pack drops are random, the chance goes up as your Steam level increases.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I'm eligible for booster packs on almost 300 games, and I've received 5 since the trading cards started, and I'm level 25. It just depends on your level and number of eligible games, but I'd say the average user will probably see a booster pack once every 3 months on average.

abracadaver

I don't need these games from the bundlestars bundle

Quote to reveal:

Tropico Trilogy

Combat Wings: Battle of Britain

Inquisitor Deluxe Edition

Zeno Clash 2

The First Templar

Dr Dogg

That's not ingame, that's just my notebook (because I have f.lux installed). Sorry about the confusion.

Phew that's ok then ;)

I though Square had done a Capcom and included a bunch of nasty filters like they did with Resident Evil 4. I can't believe they added them as a USP under the 'Post Process' options toggle.

The piss gold filter? Maybe it's the special Deus Ex: Human Revolution edition of FF3 or something? :p

I never asked for this.

Hahaha. I quite like the colour pallet of Human Revolution. Yellow accents set on black works quite well, it's when they had those nasty 720p compressed cutscenes that it looked abysmal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom