• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
B2C02E5B72041C2E102FC0384DFD5214C00FCC28

unf unf unf
This is from Killer is Dead, correct?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I beat this on PS3 and thought it was OK. Styx is getting his own game soon which I hope improves on this one. At best I'd recommend it if it ever goes on sale.

Styx: Master of Shadows focuses on action stealth mechanics, at least as much as the gameplay previews* indicate, so it won't be a direct sequel.

*Off screen footage.

Copons

Yeah, it was somethning about "changing the way people were playing the game and forcing them to have fun because they weren't achievement hunting."

Here we go:

And so they went against all that to get their game on PS4 as a PS+ freebie. And because Sony forced them to include the trophies, they made them a kind of statement, trying to troll trophy hunters with them:

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/0...nters-with-dont-starves-accomploshrine/69124/

If you search don't starve PC achievements or something like that, the first result is the Klei forrums and many many hits of threads where users are asking them to port the trophies to the Steam version... and yet, no.

So because they didn't like teaching people with "tasks", they got rid of achievements, then put them in to placate Sony and get on PS4, and now refuse to port them to the Steam version to placate their fanbase that's requesting them.

I think that about sums it up.

Thank you, it was an interesting read.
Mostly because the most annoying thing about Don't Starve (for me of course) is that when you first start it you are completely unaware about what to do, and some kind of training, achievement-based or not, to get you on the right track would be so useful.
But yeah, no, fuck that, let's strand the player in a complex game and expect they'll explore for hours to find a gold nugget the random seed put on the other side of the world.
:'(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
she was probably gonna play the role lily did though.

anyways i wanna see cate blanchett and her play mom and daughter. they seem similar to me.

It's briefly implied in Hanna that Blachett's character is her biological mother, so there's that, haha. They had a scene together earlier in the film, but it ended up on the cutting room floor for some reason and unlike the alternate ending it wasn't included as a deleted scene on the BD.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
It's briefly implied in Hanna that Blachett's character is her biological mother, so there's that, haha. They had a scene together earlier in the film, but it ended up on the cutting room floor for some reason and unlike the alternate ending it wasn't included as a deleted scene on the BD.

I really hate it when known deleted/alternate scenes are excluded from home media releases. Took how many decades for the Burke cocoon scene from Aliens to get released?

Tizoc

looking great. How does it look on PS360, again?

It ran at sub 30 FPS with no Vsync so Screen tearing. PC ver. is a freakin' godsend/Sudasend. Seriously for $20 it is freakin' worth it (or for however much you get it off Steam Key Trading as the game is region free atm).

Anteater

ugh, any tips with flight mode in sonic racing transformed? Can't beat these hard/expert races because the AIs smoke me as soon as it goes into flight mode even when I have no problem winning on land.

Dambrosi

Banned
It ran at sub 30 FPS with no Vsync so Screen tearing. PC ver. is a freakin' godsend/Sudasend. Seriously for $20 it is freakin' worth it (or for however much you get it off Steam Key Trading as the game is region free atm).
Yeah, KiD and MG Rising are on my Weeaboo Buy List, especially now my PS3 is dead dead. Just have to wait on a deal somewhere, since I don't do keys.

Thanks to Aerocrane for Dirty Bomb, by the way.

You know how some people really like to complain how Dark Souls 2 controls are unresponsive. Well, I have only played offline on the PC version for like 4 times (1 time without connection, 3 times I have lost connection to Steam) and on every single of those times the controls have turned into a sluggy mess. I just ran into a pit in a straight bridge because my inputs turned into a lag fest.

It really makes ya think :shrug:

Also only 8 sunbro summons in like 4 hours. Feels bad man

Tizoc

Yeah, KiD and MG Rising are on my Weeaboo Buy List, especially now my PS3 is dead dead. Just have to wait on a deal somewhere, since I don't do keys.

Thanks to Aerocrane for Dirty Bomb, by the way.

Killer is Dead was only released like a week ago on Steam, I'd recommend getting it now if you're interested in playing it (Has a handful of Playfire rewards too which are easy to get). MG Rising should go on sale come Summer Sale at the earliest.

Thank you, it was an interesting read.
Mostly because the most annoying thing about Don't Starve (for me of course) is that when you first start it you are completely unaware about what to do, and some kind of training, achievement-based or not, to get you on the right track would be so useful.
But yeah, no, fuck that, let's strand the player in a complex game and expect they'll explore for hours to find a gold nugget the random seed put on the other side of the world.
:'(
I'm kind of ashamed of myself for putting the game off as long as I am as I love those philosophies of design, I'll either put that or State of Decay on the docket after I finish Bastion (which is pretty good so far other than the game loving to constantly change my equipped weapon with a new one for the remainder of a level). I don't think achievements are a fit all solution and among multiplayer games, I don't think they serve much purpose in open-ended sandboxes. It's good that Steam allows it to be an optional feature, because I agree that the inclusion of them can get people into a checklist mentality that doesn't do the game favours.

Had a friend gift me 100% Orange Juice on Steam and this game has turn out to be much more fun than I was expecting.

Also my first boardgame I've ever played on PC.

Evrain

Killer is Dead was only released like a week ago on Steam, I'd recommend getting it now if you're interested in playing it (Has a handful of Playfire rewards too which are easy to get). MG Rising should go on sale come Summer Sale at the earliest.
It is on sale on Amazon for $15, if I recall correctly. And even though it somewhat lacks in length, I hae to admit Platinum Games did the best they could to marry the hack and slash mechanics with what made and still makes Metal Gear unique.
Plus
you get to see Raiden in a sombrero
, must account for something.

Tizoc

It is on sale on Amazon for $15, if I recall correctly. And even though it somewhat lacks in length, I hae to admit Platinum Games did the best they could to marry the hack and slash mechanics with what made and still makes Metal Gear unique.
Plus
you get to see Raiden in a sombrero
, must account for something.

MG Rising has replay-ability going for it so it's totally worth the price.
sombreros are awesome, is there a sombrero mod for MG Rising?

EDIT: Oh google sometimes you really do deliver
tumblr_n1j9ujuNUX1rmcc95o1_500.gif

Dec

Guys.. Of Orcs and Men is like...really good. I'm having a blast playing it. Just had like a 5 hours session. The dialogue is fun and the characters are great, mostly Styx because he always has something funny to say. Also, badass honor bound Orc is one of the player characters.

Also, how cool is it that you can throw Styx into the air at an enemy and pause it so that you can plan your moves?

Highly recommended. Really is a gem. Cyanide continues to prove that they are a talented studio that should be eagerly watched for in the years to come.

Ya it's a great game and the music is incredible. I regularly listen to soundtrack.

Edit: I also got a few hours into that Game of Thrones game the same dev made but didn't really enjoy it. One of the highlights of the game is tipping the normal Orcs and Goblins are mindless creatures that need to be killed on it's head and also there is some really great backstory stuff around the middle that really was the moment I realized I really liked the game.

Salsa

Oh well, I guess I'll check it out. I'm currently playing through BioShock Infinite again because my uPlay hates me so I can't get into W_D and AC IV at all.

EDIT: Thanks.

EDIT 2: Aaaand... it's an Invalid product code.

it's not a steam key, you need the specific game launcher thingie

Evrain

MG Rising has replay-ability going for it so it's totally worth the price.
sombreros are awesome, is there a sombrero mod for MG Rising?

EDIT: Oh google sometimes you really do deliver
tumblr_n1j9ujuNUX1rmcc95o1_500.gif
Agree with everything, and
yes upon endgame the "Mariachi costume"
is unlocked.

Tha gif... you just corrupted some of my fondest childhood memories *screams and runs off*

Milamber

I was under the impression this was launchable entirely through Steam.

EDIT: You should end every sentence with "Hi! I'm Mr. Meeseeks. Look at me!"

Tizoc

Agree with everything, and
yes upon endgame the "Mariachi costume"
is unlocked.

Tha gif... you just corrupted some of my fondest childhood memories *screams and runs off*

*Grinch Smile.GIF*

How is the PC version's performance compared to the PS360? Wasn't the PS360 60 FPS?

Evrain

*Grinch Smile.GIF*

How is the PC version's performance compared to the PS360? Wasn't the PS360 60 FPS?
I game on a puny Pavilion dv7 6199 (HD6770 if I recall correctly), everything maxed out and no hiccups whatsoever, a rock solid 60fps. The only exception is when you chop up enemies in over 300 pieces, as by then smoke, gibs, sparkles, flames and flying toasters will have literally filled the screen and slowed the game to a crawl, so apart from the debate on resolutions I'd say the PC port is well worth its admission ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom