• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

Ok, Year of the Snake DLC for Sleeping Dogs completed. Not stellar but I have still enjoyed it more than Nightmare and Zodiac.
Now my OCD whispered I could shoot for the 100% but thankfully the sane part of my brain just answered it to fuck off. Buy each car, locate every little dot on the map :shudder:

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I meant in the ones on Steam itself. Which ones are good. I haven't played any of them (or if I did it's been so long I don't remember).

Battlefront II is good, though you won't be able to play it online for much longer because Gamespy is shutting down. Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is good, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is great, Republic Commando is okay, Dark Forces (if you don't mind the graphics), Knights of the Old Republic is still probably the best SW game, and Knights of the Old Republic II with the Sith Lords: Restored Content mod is good.

I would recommend passing on Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes, Starfighter, the Force Unleashed (was okay, but I can't really recommend it, though others might), and the Force Unleashed II.

Incorrect, you can use other means to locate servers.

This is great news!

The vast majority of Downpour's sidequests are just additional events/stories you can find though. You do in more for the atmosphere and narrative than anything else. A lot of the game's more unique enemies and puzzles are actually exclusive to them, isn't just "kill 5 monsters" which I was pretty impressed by. Think Downpour really nailed the open world design and how you could just happen upon said "quests"

I honestly think that the Sewer Labyrinth in Downpour is one of the best parts of the game in terms of atmosphere. It's a shame that it was relegated to a sidequest. The sidequests were handled well in adding to the narrative, but the loss of any items you got from them wasn't a really good choice in direction.

derExperte

Ok, Year of the Snake DLC for Sleeping Dogs completed. Not stellar but I have still enjoyed it more than Nightmare and Zodiac.
Now my OCD whispered I could shoot for the 100% but thankfully the sane part of my brain just answered it to fuck off. Buy each car, locate every little dot on the map :shudder:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108077904&postcount=9213

doit.gif

Battlefront II is good, though you won't be able to play it online for much longer because Gamespy is shutting down.

Incorrect, you can use other means to locate servers.

Wag

Battlefront II is good, though you won't be able to play it online for much longer because Gamespy is shutting down. Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is good, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is great, Republic Commando is okay, Dark Forces (if you don't mind the graphics), Knights of the Old Republic is still probably the best SW game, and Knights of the Old Republic II with the Sith Lords: Restored Content mod is good.

I would recommend passing on Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes, Starfighter, the Force Unleashed (was okay, but I can't really recommend it, though others might), and the Force Unleashed II.

Thanks.

Nabs

So lot of reviews and in the Steam forum, say Prototype 2 is a shitty PC port. Was it patched/improved since release?

No patches. When I was rocking an AMD setup (5850) I got hit with a tough memory leak. It would start after the first or second cutscene of that session and bring my system to its knees. It was easily fixed by using RadeonPro and changing a few things, but it was definitely annoying at first. No problems with my current Nvidia setup, but YMMV.

As for the game, Prototype 2 is a lot of fun. It's much better than the first game in every way I can think of.

This week is gonna be great. Steam related in a way, but not directly. Woo!

Hmm. GameMaker Humble Weekly featuring games made with the program and maybe a licence for Studio Standard.

Carm

I spent like 15 minutes trying to get Hector Badge of Carnage to launch. It turns out the game doesn't run if you have the official 360 pad plugged. Telltale are a joke.

Really late reply but, I have a official MS 360 controller always plugged (wired) and just booted up all 3 episodes just fine. Do you have any other controller drivers installed?

Kentucky Route Zero getting some updates recently. At which act is it again? Been eyeing that game for a while now, but want to wait till it gets finished or near finished.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh shit, yeah. They are using the Mashed app to test it.

Other way around: SF was going to upload TOB but then changed its mind and used the subs for Mashed instead. Somebody just forgot to change the name for the beta test one that Steam automatically generated. Busted! :p

Grief.exe

It's really sad that Activision decides to tear down these studios entirely if a game under performs.

I know these massive companies are just after the massive profit and cutting the bottom line, but I think there would be other alternatives.
Cutting the team size down and releasing a smaller product akin to Blood Dragon or Gunslinger. With the rise of digital distribution and the general acceptance of mid-tier development on the PC platform, you would think this would be more than viable.

Sure, they wont be generating hundreds of millions in profit, just seems like a viable alterative to cutting an experienced team.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's really sad that Activision decides to tear down these studios entirely if a game under performs.

I know these massive companies are just after the massive profit and cutting the bottom line, but I think there would be other alternatives.
Cutting the team size down and releasing a smaller product akin to Blood Dragon or Gunslinger. With the rise of digital distribution and the general acceptance of mid-tier development on the PC platform, you would think this would be more than viable.

Sure, they wont be generating hundreds of millions in profit, just seems like a viable alterative to cutting an experienced team.

Some studios would rather choose death than CoD. :p

Lain

I just had to install Spice Road through Desura to obtain a CD Key to punch on this webpage to get a steam key to redeem the game on steam.
Makes me wonder why for some indie developers handing out steam keys for their greenlight games becomes such a contrived annoyance for the end user, while for others it's pretty simple and they even manage to have the keys up on the bundle sites before the game even releases.

Deadbeat

Banned
Got a huntsman crate in CS GO so I sold that and bought Jedi Academy. I am deliberating on Singularity. I mean I know its a giant turd of a PC port, but I feel I should own the last game before Raven died.

have keys gone lower than 2$? this price decline is fascinating to me.

tried to play some cargo commander today. That final reward is tough to get, I couldnt even be bothered to get Journey mode at level 6 to speed up the process of collecting caps. Fun little game though.

Whatever Star Wars games you want to get, get the Jedi Knight Collection if you want three extra games for the price of two (Jedi Outcast and Academy). That gets you the Raven games and Lucasarts' FPSes in one blow.

Also, you people should have gotten Vangers when it was 30% off. Game is great, really unique even now.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
have keys gone lower than 2$? this price decline is fascinating to me.

tried to play some cargo commander today. That final reward is tough to get, I couldnt even be bothered to get Journey mode at level 6 to speed up the process of collecting caps. Fun little game though.

I know they've gone at least down to $1.80. I bought a few keys for around that price in July of last year, only time I've ever bought keys.

JDHarbs

Whatever Star Wars games you want to get, get the Jedi Knight Collection if you want three extra games for the price of two (Jedi Outcast and Academy). That gets you the Raven games and Lucasarts' FPSes in one blow.
This is what I did. Was planning to pick up both Outcast and Academy when I saw the price of both was the same as the whole collection. Insta-buy for me.

2014-05-04_21-00-51_zps08484ea2.png

Any reason for this?

Anyone have issues with KOTOR crashing? I can't even get to the main menu. The Lucas Arts, BioWare logos come up, and then it crashes.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit

derExperte

Good to see that Vampire Bloodlines has reached a new peak on Steam (slightly over 1000 players) despite not getting special advertisement.

Copons

LOLOLO

My credit card was forged.

1470,68€ spent around the interwebz on my, already tight, expenses.
But hey, at least the bank automatically blocked the last two transactions: about 7$. :D

Coolest thing is that now, once I'm gonna to the police to press charges, I have to hope that the bank will refund everything.

Well, let's hope Valve won't pull a huge surprise sale in the next couple of months.

Mugatu

LOLOLO

But hey, at least the bank automatically blocked the last two transactions: about 7$. :D

Coolest thing is that now, once I'm gonna to the police to press charges, I have to hope that the bank will refund everything.

Well, let's hope Valve won't pull a huge surprise sale in the next couple of months.

Oh that sucks, sorry man. Hopefully you can get it cleared up rather quickly and painlessly.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Must resist urge to make innapropiate joke...

That why you love ASSassins creed so much?

Damm my lack of self restrain :)

Insert picture of a woman in an Assassin outfit here.

LOLOLO

Ouch :/ Hopefully your credit card company will reimburse you quickly.

Copons

Ouch.
You have any idea how/where it happened?

Well, on internet I use only Amazon Payments or PayPal, so let's assume it happened IRL.
Only thing that comes to mind is an ATM from a bank near my home, that I used a couple of days ago, and I think I've never used before. Aside from that, I mostly use it at the same couple of grocery stores (big chains, should be safe?) and the same gas station (have been used always the same for like the last couple of years)...

Oh well, I can't do anything at this point except waiting for the transactions to appear on the bank website (needed to press charges) and for a new credit card (7,99€, thank you very much :D ), so I'll try not to whine around, even tho FFS I've never spent 1500€ in fucking clothing, even if I sum up my entire life probably. :D

If they bought something off Steam, I'd have probably never noticed it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom