• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking about using my Steam money today to buy that Jedi Knight complete pack. Sounds like I have a really good reason to do it now.

You know FEAR?

They came from the guys who made FEAR.

And FEAR is the greatest shooter of all time, so these are the second and third-greatest, respectively.

Female-led shooter, Bond-like. Hilarious as can be... We're talking tricycle chases and discussions from henchmen on correlation and causation.
F.E.A.R. signal? Yep, yes it is. Along with Duke Nukem 3D, this is the pinnacle of FPS in my opinion.

The NOLF games are incredible too, despite having a couple of flaws. It speaks well of the games when I could overlook a few annoying sections and loved them anyway. I'd be willing to pay $15 for both games on Steam, and maybe $20 if they also come with Contract J.A.C.K. (though I hope they are priced lower if that ever happens).

And getting the Jedi Knight franchise is always a good idea. They have great gameplay mechanics, and are a blast to play. Don't forget to give the multiplayer a try, it's really fun even with bots.

So...playing KOTOR for the first time (don't be jealous)
Not very far in, but it's great. I'm really enjoying the experience, story, gameplay

Ryne

uPlay on steam is so damned annoying. Child of light is the first time I am playing a uPlay game and it just wants to get in your way the whole time.

I turned off the overlay, so everytime I start the game it gives me a warning about needing the overlay for features to work, while I'm playing it pops up some uplay rewards thing, and once I quit it hits me with ads for ubisofts other games.

Sajjaja

What's Blacklist like in comparison to Conviction?

£2.89 is a steal but it feels like a £10 purchase if i have to put up with uplay.

You realize that Uplay is unavoidable? Being able to download it off of Steam just launches Uplay.

If you want to play the game, deal with it.

Khronico

Vaguely. No specific plot points like how it connects to the narrative as a whole but yeah, I know the twist.

Alright, I'll stop there then.

You'll be in for a treat when/if you get to KOTOR 2.

Also HK-47 is the best robot character in gaming. G0-T0 is second.

Hmm do I really want to spend $55 to complete my COD collection. Would be playing the WW2 games again immediately at least.

COD War Chest(COD1, United Offensive, Cod 2) - $15
COD World a War - $20
COD MW3 - $20

I like how the war chest doesn't come up if you just click the big Activision sale banner. Luckily I knew about it, makes buying the 3 games you get in the chest about $20 less.

Two of those games are worth the price. One is not. Please make the right decision.

Hmm do I really want to spend $55 to complete my COD collection. Would be playing the WW2 games again immediately at least.

COD World a War - $20
COD MW3 - $20

I like how the war chest doesn't come up if you just click the big Activision sale banner. Luckily I knew about it, makes buying the 3 games you get in the chest about $20 less.

I've tried to play a bit more Mr Bree+ and I'm sorry to say it looks like the technical issues are not fixed.

I either play out of the box, which means pretty constant crashes or I mess around with compatability settings. This makes it stable, but the fps goes down really low.

There might be a way to get it running and other people may have no issues? (Window 8.1 here) but I'm going to give up. It is a shame, because what I can play seems really well put together.

Two of those games are worth the price. One is not. Please make the right decision.

If you are referring to MW3 then I know and it hurts to even think about buying it. But if I get the earlier games again I need to complete the collection. Sadly I even have Ghosts on Steam. FPS junkie.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've tried to play a bit more Mr Bree+ and I'm sorry to say it looks like the technical issues are not fixed.

I either play out of the box, which means pretty constant crashes or I mess around with compatability settings. This makes it stable, but the fps goes down really low.

There might be a way to get it running and other people may have no issues? (Window 8.1 here) but I'm going to give up. It is a shame, because what I can play seems really well put together.

I played a bit earlier, and gave up. My wireless controller wasn't recognized (at all) and the keyboard controls were floaty which made precision jumping difficult. I think I beat about 5 stages before finally getting too frustrated and giving up.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thought this little moment with the infamous Left 4 Dead community would be funny to share:

I'm right now doing a thing, which is changing my nickname on Steam everyday for a week to differente pastries. To start, I went with Berlin's Balls (I know it isn't the correct translation, but I did it that way because I thought it was funny to translate word by word from how we say in portuguese). Then, I joined a Scavenge game which had lots of spanish players. I spawned as Charger and my first move wasn't that good, as people are always expecting instakills from the roof in No Mercy. They went to kick me just because of that and I just said:

"f you
why would you kick such a creamy and delicious thing like me?"

And they started laughing and voted No to kick me. Seems like I just found a way to get through the not very friendly Left 4 Dead community!
Haha this is amazing. Turns out the cure against that toxic community is jokes and laughs.

I played a bit earlier, and gave up. My wireless controller wasn't recognized (at all) and the keyboard controls were floaty which made precision jumping difficult. I think I beat about 5 stages before finally getting too frustrated and giving up.

The controls/jumping is helped by unlocking more skills (run, other jumps etc). But yeah, getting to that point isn't worth the frustration right now.

Maybe it'll get updated, we'll see.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The controls/jumping is helped by unlocking more skills (run, other jumps etc). But yeah, getting to that point isn't worth the frustration right now.

Maybe it'll get updated, we'll see.

Yeah, I made it to the part where I unlocked running, then finally gave up. Also there was a level where I would get caught under these net things that came down from the ceiling. And then nothing. I could make the pig thing change directions, but I couldn't move. It didn't kill me, it just made me have to restart the level each time.

I tried pressing keys, jumping, etc for about 4 minutes before I finally gave up.

COD World a War - $20
COD MW3 - $20

War Chest - no.
All others - yes.

jshackles

Also, there is now a Facebook group for Enhanced Steam fans.

https://www.facebook.com/enhancedsteam

I don't use Facebook myself, my wife is curating this particular space. :)

For those of you with Facebook accounts, the "Likes" would be appreciated.

I settled on just the war chest for now. COD2 was probably my all time favourite game for playing at LANS back when it first came out. Kar98 all day every day.

Just beat Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, moving on to Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith. So close to replaying Jedi Outcast I can almost taste it.

You realize that Uplay is unavoidable? Being able to download it off of Steam just launches Uplay.

If you want to play the game, deal with it.

I think the issue is buying directly through uPlay, specifically how much a pain in the ass updating the individual games and client can be. If you buy a uPlay game through Steam, the whole process for dealing with updates is generally a painless experience becuase it's automated.

Parsnip

For those of you with Facebook accounts, the "Likes" would be appreciated.
BntOwwz.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Okay, tough decision time.
3. Prototype

Have you heard of Venom from Spider-Man comics? Powers of Spider-Man for running up walls, super strength, leaping ability, going through the city high above everyone else on top of a black suit that allows him to shape shift or slash at people with tentacles?

Well Prototype, though with an original story and character, is essentially Venom The Game from the makers of Hulk Ultimate Destruction. It boils down to a hack and slash, super jumping, air gliding, open city platforming or brawler title where it's perfectly fine to just mess around with and cause as much destruction as you want for as long as you are capable of doing so.

Story is rather throw-away as far as I'm concerned, but the rest is enjoyable. Various challenges of killing x amount of enemies using whatever specific ability or gun or vehicle is good fun for time wasters gives you something to do when you want the kill
sand
box of New York City to give a specific direction.
I always greatly enjoyed the platforming challenges of proper timing jumps, time trials, and aerobatic challenges when I simply wasn't just running and jumping and super-power traveling around the city normally akin to what most did in Spider-Man 2 movie game.

A lot of fun for that price if such a type of game is what you enjoy. Plus you get to throw cars at giant tentacles in the middle of Times Square, so that's an experience.

Miker

There's just too much on sale this weekend, and my finances are currently in the toilet
(as usual >.> )
, so my discretionary spending is pretty much limited to what I've got in my Steam wallet. Even idling like mad (is it even possible to 'idle like mad'?), there's no way I'm going to raise much more between now and the end of these sales. So I need to try and decide on something to pick up now - otherwise I'll just dither until the sales are over and end up getting nothing. :p

So here are the options I'm considering.

1. Republic Commando + either Jedi Knight II or Jedi Academy, whichever's better

2. Jedi Knight II + Jedi Academy

3. Prototype

4. Shadowrun

Any kind of input's welcome.

Here's something I posted earlier that I've expanded on:

I might be in the minority on this, but I found Republic Commando to be a thoroughly disappointing game. It's a fantastic use of the license, yes, but it's also one of the most repetitive shooters I've played. The campaign isn't even that long, and I was still wishing it was over halfway through. Enemies are bullet sponges, the tactical layer is too simple to amount to more than a mere distraction, and there are way too many parts where you have to do X objective three+ times.

I can recommend it for its current price, but not much more.

I do totally recommend Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. Outcast's campaign has Kyle Katarn and more narrative, whereas you create your own generic character in Academy and go to random places barely tied together by a story. While both are awesome games, but their campaigns are very much your typical '90s maze/keycard/stupid icon puzzle structure. I think the locations are tons of fun for Star Wars fan, but the actual level design isn't particularly amazing. The multiplayer is awesome, but I'm not sure if Outcast or Academy's multiplayer is more alive - I'm guessing Academy because it's newer, though.

So...playing KOTOR for the first time (don't be jealous)
Not very far in, but it's great. I'm really enjoying the experience, story, gameplay

Awesome. I want to play through it again. First time I played it was on Xbox 360 through the OG Xbox emulation and it was a terrible experience technically (freezing, audio and video cutting out, getting stuck in geometry), but the game was so good I played it through regardless.

You should play KOTOR II with the restored content mod after you finish that.

Can you summon 2 NPC phantoms to help you at once in Dark Souls 2?

Late games spoilers (ashen mist heart)
I'm trying to go to the Giant Lord boss fight and I thought I'd take Drummond AND Benhart... but if I can only take one, it's Benhart... so far, I noticed that I hadn't talked to him in the Memory of Orro, which I fixed, but then I still don't see his sign (after I entered the Memory of Jeigh and summoned Drummond immediately.

Levyne

Banned
Can you summon 2 NPC phantoms to help you at once in Dark Souls 2?

Late games spoilers (ashen mist heart)
I'm trying to go to the Giant Lord boss fight and I thought I'd take Drummond AND Benhart... but if I can only take one, it's Benhart... so far, I noticed that I hadn't talked to him in the Memory of Orro, which I fixed, but then I still don't see his sign (after I entered the Memory of Jeigh and summoned Drummond immediately.

I believe that you generally can if there are two (which is rare to begin with), but the one you list is the exception, where you have to choose one.

Khronico

There's just too much on sale this weekend, and my finances are currently in the toilet
(as usual >.> )
, so my discretionary spending is pretty much limited to what I've got in my Steam wallet. Even idling like mad (is it even possible to 'idle like mad'?), there's no way I'm going to raise much more between now and the end of these sales. So I need to try and decide on something to pick up now - otherwise I'll just dither until the sales are over and end up getting nothing. :p

So here are the options I'm considering.

1. Republic Commando + either Jedi Knight II or Jedi Academy, whichever's better

2. Jedi Knight II + Jedi Academy

3. Prototype

4. Shadowrun

Any kind of input's welcome.

I would suggest just getting the Jedi Knight collection though, as it has every game in that series for the same price as getting option #2.

Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to hearing people complain/be unimpressed with Watch dogs =V

No. It's inevitable. It's going to be Assassin's Creed in near-future Chicago, filled with the Ubisoft-typical repetitive side-quests and collectibles.

I'll still end up liking it though, just like every AC (barring 3) and Far Cry 3.

Turfster

Guys.

There are games with cards that I still have on my badges page that I don't care to play.

Help me.

1) Find a game you want to play that uses steam_appid.txt
2) Edit in the id of the game you want cards for.
3) Start game from exe, not from Steam itself.
3a) sell cards, hopefully
4) Profit!

Edit: Damn it, it was not to be again. The force is weak in me ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom