• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Any recommendations from the star wars sale?

I've got KOTOR 1 and 2, and am interested in jedi academy, also interested to hear if republic commando and the other jedi knight games hold up.

I played Republic Commando back when it came out and remember enjoying it. I think Stallion called it 'Baby's first rainbow six' earlier in the thread and that's pretty accurate. Very, very light weight tactical placement of your team and whatnot. I feel like it's worth 3.39 if you're in the mood for some Episode I/II era Star Wars, since it's probably not gonna go cheaper...Ever?

On the other hand, and I can't comment on this directly since I haven't played any of them, the Jedi Knight games sound more interesting. What with lightsabres and the Force.

Yakkue

I'm not sure how Amazon works with its sales(Don't visit it that often) but how long is that sale lasting?

I'd love to pick it up at that price but I don't get paid for another few days, and considering the lowest I've seen it go on Steam is $45, I don't want to miss it(Even if the game isn't that great, I'd like to have it in my library since I've got a lot of good and bad memories attached to it)

You never really know with amazon sales - some only last one day. If you want to make sure, you could try asking their costumer service, they are usually pretty helpful.

FloatOn

man it's crazy how fast someone can steam roll dark souls 2 once you know what the hell to do.

I have the four giant souls and it only took 20 hours. Back when I was playing on playstation it took me roughly double that amount of time.

Tizoc

Help with Star Wars Battlefront 2 please
Everytime I run it, it gives me an error about being unable to connect to the key server.
How do I get past this?

Divius

man it's crazy how fast someone can steam roll dark souls 2 once you know what the hell to do.

I have the four giant souls and it only took 20 hours. Back when I was playing on playstation it took me roughly double that amount of time.
Beating Dark Souls the first time around took me ~60hrs. Now I can do it in a couple of hours. Once you know what to do, where to go and where to get certain items it's e-z-p-z. Same goed for DkSII I assume.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Making a list of every found footage horror film I haven't seen in preparation for the Outlast: Whistleblower DLC that comes out tomorrow.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Help with Star Wars Battlefront 2 please
Everytime I run it, it gives me an error about being unable to connect to the key server.
How do I get past this?

Valve has run out of their allotment of licences (keys) they can legally sell you. They have to request more licences from the IP owner, in this case Disney, before you can access the game.

Notice: We are currently out of keys for this title. We've requested more from the publisher and will have those soon. Should you purchase this title, your key will be delivered as soon as we receive it.

Icefire1424

Any recommendations from the star wars sale?

I've got KOTOR 1 and 2, and am interested in jedi academy, also interested to hear if republic commando and the other jedi knight games hold up.

I've had a lot of fun with Empire at War. Bought the physical copy years ago, but ended up grabbing on the Steam sale as well since I never got the expansion. Pretty generic RTS, but the space battles are particularly fun.

Edit: Did also pick up the Jedi Academy bundle, and had to get Dark Forces purely out of respect. One of those games I always played as a kid at friends houses, but never owned.

fantomena

Holy shit at all the shovelware releases. Valve, get your ass together and do some quality control!

I don't give a shit if 1 shovelware is +1 gamecount to others. This shovelware crap is destroying Steam. Just look at that Earth xxxx game.

Worth it at that price. Still a boring unscary game.

Can't believe many feels Outlast is scary.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man The Force Unleased gets way too much undeserved stick. Yeah it isn't perfect and I may be biased in being a massive Star Wars fan but you can't deny there's something cathartic about wrecking up a whole room of guys with force powers. Those Jedi Holocrons can fuck right off mind.
I think the Jedi Knight games did this way better. I still liked TFU, mind you
except for the Star Destroyed.
Fuck that shit.

Yeah. I only have 1 and I'm approaching 20 hours. Nothing quite like the first time :D

Tizoc

Valve has run out of their allotment of licences (keys) they can legally sell you. They have to request more licences from the IP owner, in this case Disney, before you can access the game.

Well that's lame hope I can get mine soon. Do I gotta tell them I have Battlefront 2? I've just now installed it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well that's lame hope I can get mine soon. Do I gotta tell them I have Battlefront 2? I've just now installed it.

You don't have to do anything. Steam will be able to retrieve a key the moment Valve restocks its database.

Holy shit at all the shovelware releases. Valve, get your ass together and do some quality control!

I don't give a shit if 1 shovelware is +1 gamecount to others. This shovelware crap is destroying Steam. Just look at that Earth xxxx game.
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.
I used to look at steam's new releases every single day for new games to play because it seemed like every game that did appear in a new release was pretty good, now the new releases section may as well not exist for me since I just ignore it because the majority of games that release on it seem pretty meh(imo of course)

Now I only really buy new Steam games when it gets a featured spot at the top of the store or if it's a game that has been pretty popular around NeoGaf/Twitter/YouTube/etc

JaseC

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.
I used to look at steam's new releases every single day for new games to play because it seemed like every game that did appear in a new release was pretty good, now the new releases section may as well not exist for me since I just ignore it because the majority of games that release on it seem pretty meh(imo of course)

Now I only really buy new Steam games when it gets a featured spot at the top of the store or if it's a game that has been pretty popular around NeoGaf/Twitter/YouTube/etc

Steam's like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

There is a family guy interpretation of Forrest Gump, that mirrors my impression upon viewing the film, that I really want to post as a snarky response; but I can't find a link to it.

derExperte

I'm not sure how Amazon works with its sales(Don't visit it that often) but how long is that sale lasting?

I'd love to pick it up at that price but I don't get paid for another few days, and considering the lowest I've seen it go on Steam is $45, I don't want to miss it(Even if the game isn't that great, I'd like to have it in my library since I've got a lot of good and bad memories attached to it)

It's 9.99 on US Steam right now for a few more hours and the Amazon deal probably won't last much longer.

Yeah that's true, and like a box of chocolate everyone has their favorites and dislikes, while I prefer Turkish Delight, others may hate that and love Peppermint, I guess there isn't really anything that can be done since all games technically work, and it's not like they're malware or anything so even though people may not like games like Actua Soccer 3, to someone else that was their childhood and so they're in love with it and would gladly buy that.

But it does seem like Valve is making efforts to help people find what they want, the tagging system has actually been pretty freaking awesome.

fantomena

That's the problem. When you buy a game on Steam, you should know what to get and that it works. There are serious problems when people buy newly released Steam games and they found out that the game is an old DOSBOX release which don't work on their computer.

If Valve wants to release older games like GOG, make a new storefront and do some quality control.

I know you like the +1 game count and some others, but this shit is destroying Steam for everyone.

For example, when NOLF has finally been released digital, I'll buy it on GOG and not on Steam since I can trust GOG on their digital releases, not Valve. Even if it's the same build on both GOG and Steam, at least GOG can help me sort of prolems.

I had a problem with Torment which I bought from GOG. I contacted GOG and got help about 6-9 hours later. If I needed help from Steam and nobody in the forum could help me, I would probably not receive any reply from Steam in days.

I love Steam and Valve, but they have serious problems with older games.

Garcia

Is Steam actually preventing my computer to go into Stand by mode? I left my computer last night downloading a Steam game and I was pretty sure it would turn off once it completed the task.

Turns out, the PC never went into sleep mode. I only had Steam open. Has this happened to anyone in here before?

Arthea

how is it destroying steam exactly? just curious

Let's say I don't understand how people can like pet games, but they do, nintendogs was millions seller, as far as I can remember. If big N cared about my opinion, they would have lost millions.
Do you think your (or my) opinion really matters? If a game is bad it won't sell, meaning no sequels, or games like this and alike. It's that simple.
Well... steamgaf defies this by buying shitloads of bad rats, but that's another story (><)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Anyone up for some Space Marine Multiplayer to get the Playfire Rewards? The online community is dead and the Armor challenges are very easy to complete according to some achievement guides I've read

zkylon

zkylewd
well that late night sleep only lasted 2 hours ¬¬

I don't into sports.

Lc7hbwZ.gif

EDIT: Except golf. I love golf.

lol that's hilarious

it was supposed to be funny, not cute :\
also, you said the word... you really shouldn't even as a joke.
eh i don't care

soccer is a dumb sounding name but i don't care enough to write it as football and potentially make what i was writing hard to understand for people

i should probably go full captain tsubasa and call it football soccer

then everybody's happy

fantomena

Let's say I don't understand how people can like pet games, but they do, nintendogs was millions seller, as far as I can remember. If big N cared about my opinion, they would have lost millions.
Do you think your (or my) opinion really matters? If a game is bad it won't sell, meaning no sequels, or games like this and alike. It's that simple.
Well... steamgaf defies this by buying shitloads of bad rats, but that's another story (><)

I have problems finding actually the new games in the news section. Also, the release date of older games are the Steam release and not the actual release is not helping me much better.

JaseC

Yeah that's true, and like a box of chocolate everyone has their favorites and dislikes, while I prefer Turkish Delight, others may hate that and love Peppermint, I guess there isn't really anything that can be done since all games technically work, and it's not like they're malware or anything so even though people may not like games like Actua Soccer 3, to someone else that was their childhood and so they're in love with it and would gladly buy that.

But it does seem like Valve is making efforts to help people find what they want, the tagging system has actually been pretty freaking awesome.

I do think there's merit behind the idea that Valve needs to update the New Releases tab to distinguish between apps that are new in general versus simply being new to Steam, with there being an option to show all new releases, for the sake of those like myself who don't particularly care.

Arthea

I have problems finding actually the new games in the news section. Also, the release date of older games are the Steam release and not the actual release is not helping me much better.

ya, that I can understand, steam store is horrible with providing essential info, it's getting worse with time too.

Ruruja

eh i don't care

soccer is a dumb sounding name but i don't care enough to write it as football and potentially make what i was writing hard to understand for people

i should probably go full captain tsubasa and call it football soccer

then everybody's happy

Fooccer.

I'm actually amazed there's not been a sequel to Bad Rats yet(At least not that I'm aware of)

Then again, I'm sure the developers are probably living the high-life in a mansion thanks to all the steam money they make from people buying their game as a joke, haha.

MUnited83

For you.
That's the problem. When you buy a game on Steam, you should know what to get and that it works. There are serious problems when people buy newly released Steam games and they found out that the game is an old DOSBOX release which don't work on their computer.

If Valve wants to release older games like GOG, make a new storefront and do some quality control.

I know you like the +1 game count and some others, but this shit is destroying Steam for everyone.

For example, when NOLF has finally been released digital, I'll buy it on GOG and not on Steam since I can trust GOG on their digital releases, not Valve. Even if it's the same build on both GOG and Steam, at least GOG can help me sort of prolems.

I had a problem with Torment which I bought from GOG. I contacted GOG and got help about 6-9 hours later. If I needed help from Steam and nobody in the forum could help me, I would probably not receive any reply from Steam in days.

I love Steam and Valve, but they have serious problems with older games.
lolwut? The only entity you have to trust is the publisher of the game. They are the ones responsible for the working or not of the game.

Also, how is "I contacted GOG and they helped me. I assume that Steam wouldn't" a viable argument at all?

And nah, it isn't destroying steam at all. Steam works just fine still. Research your purchases like you always should. Nobody is forcing you to buy those games and even yet, there are good games released everyday.

I fully welcome the day they finally open up the floodgates completely.

If anything, the Storefront needs some more customizable and diverse.

hohoXD123

You make it sound like Bad Rats is a bad game.

Arthea

I'm actually amazed there's not been a sequel to Bad Rats yet(At least not that I'm aware of)

Then again, I'm sure the developers are probably living the high-life in a mansion thanks to all the steam money they make from people buying their game as a joke, haha.

that's exactly how I imagine this. Why make new games if old one keeps giving and giving and giving. (><)

You make it sound like Bad Rats is a bad game.
kindly continue

Knurek

Speaking of different people. different tastes:

But I credit the game that got me into the RPG genre was Borderlands.
(taken from Fallout 3 thread)

I... just... wow... wow...
wow~!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How can you be playing and finishing games at such a rate that you actually rely on having to search through the Steam store for more games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom