• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomac

Nintendo Life has hands-on impressions of Yooka-Laylee:
We got to play two locations - a jungle level and an indoor cave section, the latter of which serves as a hub world. Both look amazing even at this early stage, and they're only going to grow in detail and complexity as development progresses. The characters are also utterly charming; the leads boast a wide range of expressive animations, while the troll-like enemies look absolutely hilarious as they bound towards you, mouths gaping wide. Playtonic artist Steve Mayles clearly hasn't lost any of his magic touch; these are characters with character. Complimenting the action is a toe-tapping soundtrack courtesy of old hands David Wise, Grant Kirkhope and Steve Burke - all former Rare staffers, and all capable of producing amazing tunes. Oh, and we're reliably informed that the vocals are provided by Playtonic staffers rather than professional voice actors - that's another Rare tradition that the studio is keeping alive.

The avalanche of pledges for Yooka-Laylee warms my heart.
3D platformers are among my best gaming memories... (I recently completed Spyro 1-3; Banjo-Kazooie, etc. for the billionth time).

Now, if they plan on doing some sort of Viva Piñata sequel, I'll pledge a 100$.

sprinkles

em5PSJW.png

K2RxGWS.png

38gyxbG.png

HZQjelJ.png

F57JOvk.png

wp79lux.png

U3cQmKC.png

Are those better now? :D If you have any other suggestions or requests please feel free to write them :D
I will watch all conferences with the Giantbomb guys talking over them. Last year was great this way!

yo that platformer got funded crazy fast. refreshed gaf and saw that not only did the kickstarter finally go live but it was already funded o_O

And there's the first stretch goal for Yooka-Laylee already. Dang.

Edit: I'd say I was beaten, but nobody would have read the previous post.

Teggy

The avalanche of pledges for Yooka-Laylee warms my heart.
3D platformers are among my best gaming memories... (I recently completed Spyro 1-3; Banjo-Kazooie, etc. for the billionth time).

Now, if they plan on doing some sort of Viva Piñata sequel, I'll pledge a 100$.

I'm a little discouraged that it's going to be a $15 downloadable title. I wonder if it will be a little more of a bite sized experience than a full-on AAA Banjo successor.

EDIT: I guess it's more like a $25 game in US dollars.

I'm a little discouraged that it's going to be a $15 downloadable title. I wonder if it will be a little more of a bite sized experience than a full-on AAA Banjo successor.

Well, the kickstarter page touts "more than five distinct worlds" (so let's assume six) and none of the stretch goals is for additional worlds. Compare to Banjo-Kazooie which had eleven distinct worlds: nine levels, the hub and the beginning area. We don't know if the worlds in Yooka-Laylee will be larger and/or more detailed, however.

Teggy

Well, the kickstarter page touts "more than five distinct worlds" (so let's assume six) and none of the stretch goals is for additional worlds. Compare to Banjo-Kazooie which had eleven distinct worlds: nine levels, the hub and the beginning area. We don't know if the worlds in Yooka-Laylee will be larger and/or more detailed, however.

Hopefully they will just get overwhelmed with money and MS will decide to pick it up :D

I'm sure they will hit 1 million pounds, and quickly. They need more stretch goals anyway.

Fail.

EDIT: I guess it's more like a $25 game in US dollars.

It's all dependent upon how well they're funded and how well development goes. If they have a huge amount of stretch goals and meet them, the game could be a rather large one in the end.

Hopefully they will just get overwhelmed with money and MS will decide to pick it up :D

I'm sure they will hit 1 million pounds, and quickly. They need more stretch goals anyway.

WTF? Why would you want MS to "pick it up"? Are you an XB1 enthusiast or something?

derExperte

Started with Witcher 2. Three weeks to get through. Let's do this.
I'll probably binge, be done in a few days and then have no desire to play W3 upon release.

Tenrius

Anyone have any experience with getting Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2 - Jedi Outcast to work o Windows 7 64 bit? Same for any front ends that might help with Dark Forces 2 and Mystery of the Sith.

Already found Dark Forces XL to be pretty helpful for the very first game.

Have you run into some trouble or are you just asking in advance? If it's the latter, I have good news for you: I played Jedi Outcast just today on Windows 8.1 64 bit and it was flawless, basically the definition of plug and play.

Li Kao

Just to be sure, is The Crew fun in any way or not ? We are reaching a point where I could buy it but the few minutes from the beta that I played were offensively bad plot wise and not particularly interesting gameplay wise. But it wasn't helped by the 560ti I had at the time.
Did some SteamGafers play it ? How was it ?

Just to blow it up into a bigger game with a bigger advertising budget.

Let me live in my fantasy world of the great 3D platformer renaissance, will you?

But then you'd have a console exlcusive with a smaller userbase.... sure, MS might fund the hell out of it, but no PC release should that happen.

Just to blow it up into a bigger game with a bigger advertising budget.

Let me live in my fantasy world of the great 3D platformer renaissance, will you?

when in doubt, there's always a new Mario game coming soon enough.

People keep telling me Wash_Doge is "good", but my price from what I've seen is 5$ or less.
Think it'll never get there =p

Those people are not nice people because, as someone who played 18 hours of WD and finished the game, I can assure you that it's not worth it. It's just that terrible.

Tried to buy the new bundle on IndieGala... payment seemed to have gone through, though I didn't receive any confirmation email from them or paypal, nor keys for the games. After a bit they sent me an email saying that there's a problem and that my paypal account didn't allow the payment, and also asking me to try with another account.

I checked and no money has been taken from my paypal account, and no transaction is listed either. Weird... it's not the first time I buy bundles from them with the same paypal account. Never had any problem.

Teggy

But then you'd have a console exlcusive with a smaller userbase.... sure, MS might fund the hell out of it, but no PC release should that happen.

Stop injecting reality into my fantasy.

Yeah, MS is a bad example, but a big multiplatform publisher could theoretically pump some money in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom