• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

People keep telling me Wash_Doge is "good", but my price from what I've seen is 5$ or less.
Think it'll never get there =p

Watch_Dogs is OK. I really liked it, but I can see how most people would consider it meh. Story is cookie cutter, protagonist is about as boring as they come.

I'm hoping for an Assassin's Creed to Assassin's Creed II evolution for Watch_Dogs II.

As good as any other Open World game I have played lately.

In a world where we now have GTAV available on PC, wasting your time on WD is just that, a waste of time. It's got an egotistical sociopath of a main character and gameplay that is both unfun and repetitive. too damn long, too. cant recommend it. and i paid peanuts for it, too.

It's literally the worst game i've finished this year. and i've finished 32 games. the only game that comes close to it is the BF4 campaign.

Sch1sm

People keep telling me Wash_Doge is "good", but my price from what I've seen is 5$ or less.
Think it'll never get there =p

I remember buying it on release.

The game is worth the retail value of the disc it's put on. All I have are regrets. I really didn't like Aiden Pearce, either, so that didn't help the rest of the game.

Turfster

Yeah, see? This is why my W_D buy point is so low.
Hell, I'll probably never bother to get it in the end.

Luckily, it's too expensive for my 'friends' to joke-gift me too.

Second stretch goal already. This is madness.

They'll probably hit the million pounds by the end.
People are crazy ;)

Teknoman

Funny you should ask about fixes for the latter two games, because I actually made a guide to get both running due to how difficult they were to get working. Here is the Dark Forces 2 fix & here is the Mystery of the Sith fix. The only drawback is the visual quality takes a hit due to the nature of the fix. I didn't do extensive testing, but I see no reason why they won't work for you.

For Outcast & Academy, there's probably still user .cfg edits or whatever posted in their respective discussion pages to get them working without much fuss. IIRC it took one copy & paste to get them working fine last time I played them.

Definitely try to play them in order. Dark Forces is a cool snapshot in time, and while Dark Forces 2 is merely ok, MotS builds it up to an incredible finale. Jedi Outcast is just incredible, and acadamy is a good follow-up. It's a classic series... such a shame they never continued it. Kyle Katarn 4ever; the Star Wars EU can never die.

What gets me about Outcast is that I did the same config fixes with Jedi Academy, and that worked fine...but with Outcast, it booted once. I changed the graphic quality to high and now every time I try to boot the game...it doesnt crash, it just acts like its going to start up, but then windows just switches to basic or whatever mode. No alt tabbing over to it or anything, but it shows up in the process list.

Tizoc

I hope it never happens. Game was garbage in the gameplay department.
the worst RTS I've ever played.

Now if they want to make something like the demo tricked people with i'd be down.
So a action/brawler kind of deal with a open world and the car for exploration. So I guess basically Zelda/Darksiders.

I agree make it an adventure game ala Darksiders but as you progress you see metal inspired worlds or music inspired worlds.

didn't Brutal Legend almost end Double Fine? Their other games must have done garbage-like sales for that to be something they're considering going back to.

I'm still waiting for Iron Brigade 2, the first one was a great coop game that my bro and I thoroughly enjoyed.

Shotterke

Did Nuuvem change something? I'm trying to buy Wolfenstein The Old Blood but Paypal is asking me to enter a new Visa card and then gives the "Sorry — your last action could not be completed" error. It worked fine when I bought Arkham Knight earlier this week.

Turfster

Did Nuuvem change something? I'm trying to buy Wolfenstein The Old Blood but Paypal is asking me to enter a new Visa card and then gives the "Sorry — your last action could not be completed" error. It worked fine when I bought Arkham Knight earlier this week.

Some games are now locked to Brazil payment options only.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You did log into your PayPal account, right? Sometimes PayPal's checkout system defaults to the credit card option and you have to click the option to pay using your account.

Jawmuncher

I'm aware. RTS-lite just means that is adapted more simples version of an RTS.
And it was damn good.

Can't say I agree at all.

Yeah I went through the whole thing since I liked everything else and it glitched at the final sequence and didn't trigger the ending and I was like "Fuck this I'm not doing it again."

I played on Expert my first time and the mechanics show their weakness as the battles went on that I ended up just putting it on easy at the end of the game. Was done with the pain.
I agree though it was everything else that kept me going, one of the few times I had gone through the a game for everything but the gameplay. Also I bought it Day 1 for 60 so that might have attributed to it as well.

Deitus

didn't Brutal Legend almost end Double Fine? Their other games must have done garbage-like sales for that to be something they're considering going back to.

I'm still waiting for Iron Brigade 2, the first one was a great coop game that my bro and I thoroughly enjoyed.

I think it being such a financial disaster for them had more to do with it getting stuck in development hell, having to switch publishers mid development, and then Activision suing to keep them from releasing the game. Also getting voice acting from Jack Black, Ozzy Osbourne, and Tim Curry as well as a ton of licensed songs couldn't have been cheap for a developer of their size.

It was published by EA, and they actually did a decent amount of advertising (for a niche game anyway), and it's pretty much the only double fine game that got anything in the way of a marketing campaign. So it's not entirely surprising that it sold decently. It just wasn't enough to offset the disproportionate cost.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Brutal Legenda 2 would be so awesome. I loved the first one. Even the RTS-lite was great, imo.

I always feel the odd-man out in saying that I loved Brutal Legend, RTS and all. Every area was packed full of fun little references and jokes for metal fans, really crafted with a lot of love and respect for the different eras and subgenres while poking fun at how absolutely silly it all is.

I also crashed Tim's livestream showing off the PC version's multi (match starts at 42:10, I broke the lobby and you see my name pop up at 42:16 just before the match loads) which caused him all sorts of confusion when he had a teammate! I can forgive some of the game's sins for giving me that opportunity~

Tizoc

I have $45 worth of Spider Man and Transformers games in my cart. What's wrong with me? Someone stop me.

Don't get Rise of the Dark Spark!
It's not very good, Cybertron games are more than enough and the fact that it takes place on Cybertron gave the team the chance to show us what it looked like before the planet GGPOed.

I am pretty relieved.

Got Ornstein & Smough down finally at my first ever NG+ run.
Things are advancing so crazy fast in NG+.

Had only Solaire with me who was formidable cannon fodder. Sadly no human summons were to be seen even after waiting for a looong time :(

On NG I killed Smough last but this time I finished the fat bastard as quick as possible to leave the "real" fight to Ornstein.
To be honest, he was no more difficult than Smough. In fact, Smough v2 was capable of dealing some very heavy damage in one hit. Ornstein v2 got about 50% of my health at best. Mind you, I didn't level up HP much at all between both fights.

Anyhow, it was fun. Really different mindset fighting them in NG+. In NG I was frantic, uncoordinated and generally a mess.
But in NG+? I basically "played" with them.

Here the final parts of the fight with Ornstein v2. Got some unique stuff as well I think.

Ornstein v2

Oh and I saw mega-boob-princess as well for the first time. At least at this fidelity.

Eh.

Loved the characters and designs/world... but the gameplay didn't do it for me... the actual "battles" at least... once you got some units and got the hang of it, it was alright, but nothing I would enshrine as amazeballs.

The demo was a total dick move by DF too. Gave 0 indication that the full game was an RTS-lite-for-consoles. Made you think it was going to be some sort of god of war type game...

The menu was really cool though.

Watch_Dogs is OK. I really liked it, but I can see how most people would consider it meh. Story is cookie cutter, protagonist is about as boring as they come.

I'm hoping for an Assassin's Creed to Assassin's Creed II evolution for Watch_Dogs II.

They'd consider it what? Use your words, man.
Also, why would you want it to be a giant step backwards and turned into Generic GTA Chicago clone with Hacker vibes? :lol

Yeah I went through the whole thing since I liked everything else and it glitched at the final sequence and didn't trigger the ending and I was like "Fuck this I'm not doing it again."

Decapitaaaaaaatiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

You did log into your PayPal account, right? Sometimes PayPal's checkout system defaults to the credit card option and you have to click the option to pay using your account.

Uh... I only use my credit card with paypal 99% of the time and it worked fine for me.

pahamrick

They'd consider it what? Use your words, man.
Also, why would you want it to be a giant step backwards and turned into Generic GTA Chicago clone with Hacker vibes? :lol

Meh is a word, Frosty!

You mean it isn't already a Generic GTA Chicago Clone with Hacker vibes? I mainly meant in terms of story, ACII was leaps and bounds better story wise (at least the Ezio parts) over the first.

Copons

image.php

DAY FUCKING ZERO, as long as there won't be any RTS section PLEASE SCHAFER PRETTY PLEASE

Shotterke

Yeah I logged into my Paypal account and got the "Pay now" screen that shows how much it's gonna cost in € and it shows my correct Visa card. When I click Pay Now it loads and shows another Paypal screen (it doesn't show any error or something.) and I have to log in again and enter a different Visa card.

pahamrick

Yeah I logged into my Paypal account and got the "Pay now" screen that shows how much it's gonna cost in € and it shows my correct Visa card. When I click Pay Now it loads and shows another Paypal screen (it doesn't show any error or something.) and I have to log in again and enter a different Visa card.

Might not be related, but I was unable to login to Paypal at all yesterday. I know they were having trouble for awhile.

Tizoc

Let me know if you encounter problems redeeming the keys =X
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eidolon -- MB-12745CEB8EA60644 - Taken by darkchewie. 16 entrants total.
The Journey Down: Chapter One -- MB-988393EE438CBA7C - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Runaway, The Dream of The Turtle -- MB-E5ACF51E4C402B58 - Taken by Eila. 6 entrants total.
War, The Game -- MB-9BB7C0512E28791C - Taken by Chreznor. 8 entrants total.
Runaway, A Road Adventure -- MB-E539C5B147655145 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 6 entrants total.
Runaway: A Twist of Fate -- MB-A6E559FFCD96ACD3 - Taken by Natty1. 6 entrants total.
About Love, Hate and the other ones -- MB-1A22B52581E91302 - Taken by madjoki. 7 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-779CB0DDC60CC7D3 - Taken by Saty. 8 entrants total.

t1430515382z1.png

Deitus

To be honest, he was no more difficult than Smough. In fact, Smough v2 was capable of dealing some very heavy damage in one hit. Ornstein v2 got about 50% of my health at best. Mind you, I didn't level up HP much at all between both fights.

Well yeah, Super Smough hits a lot harder (and can take more damage), but Super Ornstein is faster, has longer range, and has less downtime between his attacks. If you don't have Solaire there to distract him, it's more difficult to get attacks off on him unscathed compared to Smough.

I found Super Ornstein harder to beat personally, but I definitely got flattened (literally) a few times by Super Smough as well.
Oh and I saw mega-boob-princess as well for the first time. At least at this fidelity.
Amazing Chest Ahead.
\o/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom