• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was going to jump on the Adventure Time game that's 25% off because licensed game, but that's half the discount it had throughout the entire Winter Sale, so, uh, Summer Sale it is.

Edit: Oh, wait, the base price was lowered back in February. Silly me.

dex3108

Now i need to send mail to Gaben and ask if he can remember/find one game. It had 2 words, first letter of first word was H and first letter of second word was L. It was popular game and third part of established franchise.

Buraindo

I am pretty relieved.

Got Ornstein & Smough down finally at my first ever NG+ run.
Things are advancing so crazy fast in NG+.

Had only Solaire with me who was formidable cannon fodder. Sadly no human summons were to be seen even after waiting for a looong time :(

On NG I killed Smough last but this time I finished the fat bastard as quick as possible to leave the "real" fight to Ornstein.
To be honest, he was no more difficult than Smough. In fact, Smough v2 was capable of dealing some very heavy damage in one hit. Ornstein v2 got about 50% of my health at best. Mind you, I didn't level up HP much at all between both fights.

Anyhow, it was fun. Really different mindset fighting them in NG+. In NG I was frantic, uncoordinated and generally a mess.
But in NG+? I basically "played" with them.

Here the final parts of the fight with Ornstein v2. Got some unique stuff as well I think.

Ornstein v2

Oh and I saw mega-boob-princess as well for the first time. At least at this fidelity.

Nicely done. I also find Super Saiyan Smough the more difficult of the two, his lightning butt slam attack is the bane of my existence.

Knurek

Wrapped up Scorchers DLC for RAGE.
Now to wrap up the main storyline, making sure to kill every single enemy either with a nailgun (good old q1) or a railgun (good old q2).

xezuru

I finally beat my first escape pod run of Dungeons of the Endless and unlocked all the characters too many game modes, I want to get good at this gaaaaame.

liezryou

Please elaborate.

As it is sitting in my HDD all downloaded for months awaiting me.

Well ignoring the bugs that apparently come later in the game with wives and houses disappearing...

So far i have seen:

1) Items randomly disappearing from my inventory when i reload
2) When running and moving around my camera it keeps jerking the angle instead of changing smoothly (EXTREMELY annoying)
3) Control issues with the fable 2 control scheme + controller (had to switch back to traditional)
4) My character randomly freezes in the middle of combat. Either In the middle of a sword swing or just randomly standing there. I spam inputs and my character just takes a beating standing there; I have died once from this already.

That last bug just broke it for me considering i was trying heroic mode. Guess I'll go play witcher 2 instead.

Milamber

Well ignoring the bugs that apparently come later in the game with wives and houses disappearing...

So far i have seen:

1) Items randomly disappearing from my inventory when i reload
2) When running and moving around my camera it keeps jerking the angle instead of changing smoothly (EXTREMELY annoying)
3) Control issues with the fable 2 control scheme + controller (had to switch back to traditional)
4) My character randomly freezes in the middle of combat. Either In the middle of a sword swing or just randomly standing there. I spam inputs and my character just takes a beating standing there; I have died once from this already.

That last bug just broke it for me considering i was trying heroic mode. Guess I'll go play witcher 2 instead.

Wow, is the bugs the same as Fable: Lost Chapters?

Lomax

I hope it never happens. Game was garbage in the gameplay department.
the worst RTS I've ever played.

Now if they want to make something like the demo tricked people with i'd be down.
So a action/brawler kind of deal with a open world and the car for exploration. So I guess basically Zelda/Darksiders.

Yeah if they ditch the rts stuff and just make it a metal themed action combat game that's like 6-8 hours long it would be great. Basically they just need to do Gat out of Hell as a third person game with more metal references.

Unrelated edit: The characters in the Avengers background on the main page are very odd looking and you can tell that game isn't designed for them to be viewed up close. It does tempt me to give it another try though. Might keep me from going back to WoW at the end of the semester.

Saty

Is GTA V region-locked at Nuuvem? The page does say it's restricted to south america. Is that a new restriction? 'cause there was a thread about the deal.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Blue profile theme coming soon:

RMyahu2.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
how do u get your text to be in colors .__.

It helps to know people!

j/k just wrap whatever in [h1] and [/h1] tags

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Eidolon -- MB-E97AD4B25DFEA58C - Taken by GaussTek
Runaway, A Road Adventure -- MB-68DAA69EEC4752A5 - Taken by Natty1
Runaway, The Dream of The Turtle -- MB-936D58E3805A4575 - Taken by PunishedSnake
The Journey Down: Chapter One -- MB-2ACEBB39D13649C5 - Taken by 7Sins
Runaway: A Twist of Fate -- MB-963F1DFA4153EF5B - Taken by someguyinahat
I HAVE NO MOUTH, AND I MUST SCREAM -- MB-7C2F30E2C50D3A7F - Taken by Vlad
AERENA - MASTERS EDITION -- MB-24EEF6ECEC82A386 - Taken by Purkake4
INCOGNITO -- MB-A20032CAFDD79EAB - Taken by Darth Kupi

Belgarion

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Belgarion, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PAYDAY 2: Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks -- MB-D1CF3DF7BD68CDC8 - Taken by Akuosa. 1 entrants total.
Metro 2033 -- MB-3BCC206D115407EC - Taken by RedFyn. 1 entrants total.

t1430510942z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is GTA V region-locked at Nuuvem? The page does say it's restricted to south america. Is that a new restriction? 'cause there was a thread about the deal.

The game itself isn't region-locked, but purchasing it requires a valid South American payment method -- VPN + international PayPal doesn't work. What's interesting is that this added restriction doesn't apply to all games on Nuuvem, just GTAV (for now).

Well I wonder how many of them they'll hit today.

I think we might get to the fourth goal.

Well, they're at the fifth goal now and less than 10K pounds away from their sixth, so there goes your theory. :)

Edit: and there it is. Geez, six stretch goals in a matter of hours.

well, I just bought a curry crafting rogue-like RPG for my vita.

Ok, i need to stop buying games now. i've hit some sort of weird bottom and i need to play more of these games before this backlog consumes me whole

Dsyndrome

well, I just bought a curry crafting rouge-like RPG for my vita.

Ok, i need to stop buying games now. i've hit some sort of weird bottom and i need to play more of these games before this backlog consumes me whole

Playing games is for chumps, dude. No one has time for that shit.

jshackles

well, I just bought a curry crafting rouge-like RPG for my vita.

It could be worse. I have almost 3,000 games in my Steam account and here I am playing this one.

Wow, really? I played Brutal Legend up until it went beyond Pikmin, into Bad Console RTS™ territory. Really should've been a dumb action-adventure game like Darksiders, instead of whatever mad dream Double Fine had.

What gets me about Outcast is that I did the same config fixes with Jedi Academy, and that worked fine...but with Outcast, it booted once. I changed the graphic quality to high and now every time I try to boot the game...it doesnt crash, it just acts like its going to start up, but then windows just switches to basic or whatever mode. No alt tabbing over to it or anything, but it shows up in the process list.
Sounds like high graphics quality messes something up. Verify integrity, replace the .cfg again, and then slowly crank up the graphics settings until you find the problem. Then look up that specific problem online and voila, you'll have your solution.

Salsa

I have $6 of playfire credit

if only I cuold use a GMG voucher + that credit i'd have bought RYSE for like $3 just to have something pretty to look at

Pupo

Hi guys! long time no see, SteamGAF. So what's up? what I missed the last 14 days? (?)
How are you, guys? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom