• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Eidolon is a super gorgeous contemplative survival game, with most of the survival stuff cut out. Very minimal inventory management needed, just have to make sure you've got enough food to keep yourself going. The world map is pretty huge, lots of magical little nooks to find, but it's pretty much a few steps away from being a walking sim, to give fair warning.

The story itself is pretty disjointed at first but stuff starts to come together as you find more and more bits by the various characters piecing everything together. I need to see what the small expansion the dev put out a few months back added!

I wrote a review for it if you're interested, but for that cheap you might as well bite and see how you like it.

zkylon

zkylewd
It helps to know people!

j/k just wrap whatever in [h1] and [/h1] tags

hmm, still hard to see with pink profile

wish u could set it to black or something

Eidolon is a super gorgeous contemplative survival game, with most of the survival stuff cut out. Very minimal inventory management needed, just have to make sure you've got enough food to keep yourself going. The world map is pretty huge, lots of magical little nooks to find, but it's pretty much a few steps away from being a walking sim, to give fair warning.

The story itself is pretty disjointed at first but stuff starts to come together as you find more and more bits by the various characters piecing everything together. I need to see what the small expansion the dev put out a few months back added!

I wrote a review for it if you're interested, but for that cheap you might as well bite and see how you like it.
spiders?

chronomac

Kicktraq thinks Yooka-Laylee's going to be pretty successful:

H4pjOqM.png

£24,768,530 = $37,542,899

Salsa

idk how I feel about Yooka laylee

Banjo games are overrated as shit but I did enjoy them. The music IS that good tho and im glad about that here at least

but yeah I mean

I feel like they could do a "spiritual successor" that is not so blatant about the team being sort of a one trick pony or wanting to make the exact same game again?

it also looks super generic design-wise. I guess the levels are placeholders but the characters themselves look just.. really generic to me

banjo was a bear with a backpack at least, idk

he looked like shit tho, like every Rare design

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

iBomber Defense Pacific -- MB-ED92193CA9C37285 - Taken by titch

BorntoPlay

Hey SteamGAF i created E3 Conference banners for another forum and if you want i can post them here too. For now Only EA banner has clickable Stream links just for test because i don't have Stream links for this year. (banners are not done yet, EA conference times are already fixed and MS/Sony times will be updated when they announce them).

UheCFL7.png

LjEIlhe.png

xEGnoGr.png

BzteKE5.png

AP7ur7Y.png

3f4OVCj.png

where is Nintendo???

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

As far as I can remember, the only bugs you see are bees. You have to shoot down the hives to collect honey to use as a disinfectant on wounds.

I, of course, had never thought about using honey for that and went several hours suffering from infections and illness before I realized the hives were even there, let alone what I'd need to use them for. :3

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fear -- MB-6EC09A0CF51EDC75 - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.

t1430513282z1.png
Enter at Your own Risk.

zkylon

zkylewd
As far as I can remember, the only bugs you see are bees. You have to shoot down the hives to collect honey to use as a disinfectant on wounds.

I, of course, had never thought about using honey for that and went several hours suffering from infections and illness before I realized the hives were even there, let alone what I'd need to use them for. :3
cool

would i like it tho?

Jumped back into Max Payne 2 after a long break. Forgot how I have to play it:
lol

the way i played it was more like enforcing checkpoints after like two rooms or something, so only saving those times. and prolly before bosses since bosses suck

tho i totally savescum through the vlad part in 2 and the exploding restaurant in 1

fuck those sections haha

dex3108

where is Nintendo???

I can make it but i don't know if other sites will host it. It will be in Direct/Treehouse form probably and there is chance that only Nintendo will host it on their Twitch so this format with 5 Stream links is not that good for Nintendo. But i will make one when we hear more from Nintendo.

Spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Journey Down Chapter One -- MB-FF8180014417DB6C - Taken by xGreg
Arena Cyber Evolution Founder's Pack -- MB-CAE38C9362F44909
War, the Game -- MB-2462EA60EC637126 - Taken by freshVeggie
Race the Sun -- MB-A47DB38C3D57D085 - Taken by Anteater

I usually don't "get" that kind of game but that review will make me try Eidolon.

Jawmuncher

I couldn't get into Max Payne 1 & 2 when I tried to play them recently. Just felt like they didn't hold up to me. Everything was just kinda off.

I couldn't get into Max Payne 1 & 2 when I tried to play them recently. Just felt like they didn't hold up to me. Everything was just kinda off.

max payne 1 has some terrible tightrope walking sections that were hot fucking garbage even on release. It's a bit shallow and goofy, but i like the goofy.

Max Payne 2 is a classic and just one of those games i'm tempted to return to every 2-3 years or so because it might have been Remedy at their peak. It also maps well to a control pad so i can be a loser and play it all casual-like

Tizoc

lAST CHAnce~
Let me know if you encounter problems redeeming the keys =X
ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eidolon -- MB-12745CEB8EA60644 - Taken by darkchewie. 16 entrants total.
The Journey Down: Chapter One -- MB-988393EE438CBA7C - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Runaway, The Dream of The Turtle -- MB-E5ACF51E4C402B58 - Taken by Eila. 6 entrants total.
War, The Game -- MB-9BB7C0512E28791C - Taken by Chreznor. 8 entrants total.
Runaway, A Road Adventure -- MB-E539C5B147655145 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 6 entrants total.
Runaway: A Twist of Fate -- MB-A6E559FFCD96ACD3 - Taken by Natty1. 6 entrants total.
About Love, Hate and the other ones -- MB-1A22B52581E91302 - Taken by madjoki. 7 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-779CB0DDC60CC7D3 - Taken by Saty. 8 entrants total.

t1430515382z1.png

I am pretty relieved.

Got Ornstein & Smough down finally at my first ever NG+ run.
Things are advancing so crazy fast in NG+.

Had only Solaire with me who was formidable cannon fodder. Sadly no human summons were to be seen even after waiting for a looong time :(

On NG I killed Smough last but this time I finished the fat bastard as quick as possible to leave the "real" fight to Ornstein.
To be honest, he was no more difficult than Smough. In fact, Smough v2 was capable of dealing some very heavy damage in one hit. Ornstein v2 got about 50% of my health at best. Mind you, I didn't level up HP much at all between both fights.

Anyhow, it was fun. Really different mindset fighting them in NG+. In NG I was frantic, uncoordinated and generally a mess.
But in NG+? I basically "played" with them.

Here the final parts of the fight with Ornstein v2. Got some unique stuff as well I think.

Ornstein v2

Oh and I saw mega-boob-princess as well for the first time. At least at this fidelity.

I watched the video for "mega-boob-princess" and was left disappointed.

Ornstein isn't so hard, for me at least -- Smough, on the other hand -- he's a dick. He's super fast for his size and how hard he hits and his hitboxes with that hammer can be annoyingly "off". Also, I think he has some rather ambiguous startup animations and he also tends to have greater poise reduction too (in that a hit from him and his hammer are more likely to break your guard if you have a shield up and ready than a hit from Ornstein will).

Good job though. I told you that you could do it so long as you had Solaire distract one for a bit so you could do 1v1 and get rid of a target swiftly. :)

Well, Nuuvem doesn't allow international users to use credit cards directly as it requires additional information and my theory was that perhaps paying with a credit card using PayPal, without logging in, was allowing Nuuvem to detect the use of said card and thus causing the issue.

International = Not South America?
I'd think so, and if true, I'm just as international as you, Mr. Shrimp on the Barbie.

yeah bought that Indiegala

that Proteus-like game looks interesting

Proteus-like sounds like a con to me.
Also, I don't think Proteus was a game...

Meh is a word, Frosty!

You mean it isn't already a Generic GTA Chicago Clone with Hacker vibes? I mainly meant in terms of story, ACII was leaps and bounds better story wise (at least the Ezio parts) over the first.

It is.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Meh?s=t

Code:
interjection
(an expression of boredom or apathy): We thought it would sell, but customers are saying “Meh!”.
adjective
unimpressive; boring:
The first few songs were meh.
bored or apathetic:
I'm feeling a little meh.

Its not like I used it because I was lazy and didn't feel like actually writing something. Honest.

http://www.babble.com/babble-voices/the-death-of-meh/

zkylon

zkylewd
oh veggie didn't see u summoned solaire

then it doesn't count :>

gotta solo them u scrub <3

weird

i play max payne 1 semi regularly and while i never finish it i really love pretty much everything about it

it's pretty outdated but i dunno, i don't think the evolution (max payne 3) is any more fun

in fact i think it's pretty shit :p

Did you want to be able to die by throwing up your insides in Proteus, in a map that's about 800 times bigger, with a story?

Then yes!

um

you're not helping

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
International = Not South America?
I'd think so, and if true, I'm just as international as you, Mr. Shrimp on the Barbie.

Okay. It was already established by that point the theory was incorrect, though, hence "was". I was just explaining the logic.

I know you guys are tired of the Yooka-Laylee updates by now, but I just noticed that all five of the "Be a voice actor in the game" (aka pay more than 5,000 US dollars to do a job that other people would ordinarily get paid to do) were sold out and they added ten more. I've never seen a kickstarter run out of high-tier bonuses like that and just add more of the same.

Okay. It was already established by that point the theory was incorrect, though, hence "was". I was just explaining the logic.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Are you assuming I read every post on the current page... or between my last post and my current post? Hell, if you're assuming I can even *see* every post on the page, should I choose to, you're making an ass out of us both. ;)

But seriously, I was just skimming for the alternately colored posts and saw you responded to me, so I responded directly, without the rest of the thread discussion in mind. :p

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Whoa whoa whoa.

Are you assuming I read every post on the current page... or between my last post and my current post? Hell, if you're assuming I can even *see* every post on the page, should I choose to, you're making an ass out of us both. ;)

But seriously, I was just skimming for the alternately colored posts and saw you responded to me, so I responded directly, without the rest of the thread discussion in mind. :p

we know, we know - you like doing things the Chariot way ... that is: blocking almost everyone ;) I'll be surprised if you can actually see more than 2-3 posts per page :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Still no pre-load for Wolf14: TOB. I'm leaning towards Bethesda not having asked Valve to flip the switch rather than Valve being exceedingly tardy.

Whoa whoa whoa.

It's okay, I forgive you.

Well yeah, Super Smough hits a lot harder (and can take more damage), but Super Ornstein is faster, has longer range, and has less downtime between his attacks. If you don't have Solaire there to distract him, it's more difficult to get attacks off on him unscathed compared to Smough.

I found Super Ornstein harder to beat personally, but I definitely got flattened (literally) a few times by Super Smough as well.
I had Solaire only for the first part! I managed to direct hin to Ornstein while I made quick business with Smough. Once Ornstein became the mega-boss, Solaire held out about two hits before biting the grass. And while that he didn't even manage to land one single blow, haha.

I had to finish Ornstein alone. Still found it much easier.
Nicely done. I also find Super Saiyan Smough the more difficult of the two, his lightning butt slam attack is the bane of my existence.
That ass was indeed fat :/
Aw, Kurt! War was the only one I cpndidered the bundle. Thank you so much!
I watched the video for "mega-boob-princess" and was left disappointed.

Ornstein isn't so hard, for me at least -- Smough, on the other hand -- he's a dick. He's super fast for his size and how hard he hits and his hitboxes with that hammer can be annoyingly "off". Also, I think he has some rather ambiguous startup animations and he also tends to have greater poise reduction too (in that a hit from him and his hammer are more likely to break your guard if you have a shield up and ready than a hit from Ornstein will).

Good job though. I told you that you could do it so long as you had Solaire distract one for a bit so you could do 1v1 and get rid of a target swiftly. :)
Wow, I got praised by you? What a time to be alive :D
Thanks for your help!
oh veggie didn't see u summoned solaire

then it doesn't count :>

gotta solo them u scrub <3
I did! Kinda.

we know, we know - you like doing things the Chariot way ... that is: blocking almost everyone ;) I'll be surprised if you can actually see more than 2-3 posts per page :p

Through Kurt Russell's post (+2 from the post quoted), I have 43 posts as far as I can count. :p
Doing the math, I'd approximate that 16% of the posts up to and including post #1151 on page 12 are blocked. :p

DmAc2k6

Arena: Cyber Evolution - Founder's Pack is only available for Windows (not Mac or Linux)
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

War, the Game -- MB-60AE2E127507EEC6 - Taken by bluechox2. 2 entrants total.
Race the Sun -- MB-0C8BA7EB42D54507 - Taken by Naked Snake. 3 entrants total.
Arena: Cyber Evolution - Founder's Pack (Early Access) -- MB-C75063021DCB9D7D - Taken by Maniac. 2 entrants total.

t1430515803z1.png

apparently The Secret World happened ... no one has seen him since ;)

I was afraid that their disappearance was caused by a ban, this is a lot better :)
Aw, Kurt! War was the only one I cpndidered the bundle. Thank you so much!

:) I don't know why I already had it, glad that the extra went to the freshest veggie around!
Sometimes this thread reads like its an alien language. Or it might be me.

It's an alien language alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom