• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

You had to bring this up, haven't you? Well I would have supported Peggle 2 if PapEA let me, but they don't! So as you see, is not that my support is tardy, is that I'm not given any choice in the matter! who support, I mean.

Also you haven't bought Higurashi, they very first cult VN we got, so you aren't one to talk about tardy support!

I'm not enabling smut peddlers on Steam. It might be innocent underage school girls in awkward situations today but mark my words you carry on down this path you'll have tentacles and other creepy things taking over the store page in no time.

Mama, why are they fighting?

It's Monday, I'm bored, and if you take my tone as one of that of someone who has had too much coffee and not a lot of work to do you might see that I'm fucking about.

Chariot

I'm not enabling smut peddlers on Steam. It might be innocent underage school girls in awkward situations today but mark my words you carry on down this path you'll have tentacles and other creepy things taking over the store page in no time.
Don't be silly.

7QRU7BM.jpg
the prison architect tutorial really leaves you unprepared

my prisoners went hungry for the first day
Learning by failing is the greatest thing. It's fun to tweak your failing prison until you finally got something somehow working and can work to refine it.

So do any of you dudes play Hearthstone? If you do, add me on battle.net - spindoctor#6282.

And I have it on good authority that Gaben also plays Hearthstone so this post is now totally Steam related.

I may or may not be lying about that last part.

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't be silly.

Learning by failing is the greatest thing. It's fun to tweak your failing prison until you finally got something somehow working and can work to refine it.

well i love that philosophy but i don't know if that applies for like basic stuff like this

like, i had a working eating room thing and i had cooks and my prisoners went up to eat but mr cook didn't feel like serving and whenever i directed him there he was like "i'd rather just hang out by the trees" or something

gonna try some more later

If you don't want trial and error (which may or may not be part of the fun) I'd recommend http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=142966741 which walks you through everything.
thanks

Arthea

Just checked Higurashi sales - 3,796 ± 1,659
that doesn't bode well for our future prospects... I knew it's no good when it didn't appeared on bestsellers list, but numbers are even worse than I thought.

Knurek

brb, buying Higurashi

that doesn't bode well for our future prospects... I knew it's no good when it didn't appeared on bestsellers list, but numbers are even worse than I thought.

Those aren't bad sale numbers for a VN, not by a long shot.
Also, yes, Steamspy scrapes a few thousand Steam profiles each day - it cannot be trusted for recently released titles.
Give it a few weeks or so.

zkylon

zkylewd

don't trust steamspy for recent games

it's really low on the top sellers list tho, so that's probably pretty bad

tbh i'd blame it on lack of publicity, feels like the game just dropped out of nowhere

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Well, we should compare that with other VNs and the launch numbers they had as well. Higurashi has been quite a long time in the making for this release, and was put out with very little actual fanfare. Couple that with an art style that is, for most people, very unattractive, and some information of what the general premise of the game is out in the wild, it's not entirely hard to see why it wouldn't be doing too well. Horror games are still niche, and Higurashi's brand of it is less appealing than most.

Chariot

Well, it released at a bad time. I am too holding back because of my recent upgrade for Witcher 3.

well i love that philosophy but i don't know if that applies for like basic stuff like this

like, i had a working eating room thing and i had cooks and my prisoners went up to eat but mr cook didn't feel like serving and whenever i directed him there he was like "i'd rather just hang out by the trees" or something

gonna try some more later
When in doubt take a look at working prisons from the workshop or on youtube. Maybe you spot something you could copy.
sakura spirit: 141,955 ± 10,143

im done
FUCK THIS SHOIT FUCKING GARBAGE WHY THIS SHIT BURN IN HELL

Jawmuncher

yea, we'll see

im just fiddling with it now, i don't wanna split my time between games so i'll get back to it later i think

what's worse is that it has a huge play rate at 81%

It was on sale for 2.5 at one point and the cards are still worth a lot.
People were going to at least idle.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well it's at the top of the Popular New Releases on my end so it can't be doing too bad!

it's like 30 on the top sellers list so i woudln't be too optimistic

It was on sale for 2.5 at one point and the cards are still worth a lot.
People were going to at least idle.
yeah i figured

it's a weird stat tho. fallout new vegas has 87% and it doesn't have cards

i find that hard to believe

Chariot

yea, we'll see

im just fiddling with it now, i don't wanna split my time between games so i'll get back to it later i think
Hrr, but make me want to play it again. Good thing I need to bridge the time to tomorrow anyways.

what's worse is that it has a huge play rate at 81%
Yeah and the puke rate is like 1110%. Not only the players puke, but theirs pets and children and uncles and aunts and mothers and fathers and grannys and mayors and fish and tellys and cars and the dog shit in front of the house and the dandelion, everything pukes. Because that game is shit. Shiiiiiiit!

Well it's at the top of the Popular New Releases on my end so it can't be doing too bad!
I am sure it will get a boost at the end of the month/start of the new one when people got money again.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Yeah and the puke rate is like 1110%. Not only the players puke, but theirs pets and children and uncles and aunts and mothers and fathers and grannys and mayors and fish and tellys and cars and the dog shit in front of the house and the dandelion, everything pukes. Because that game is shit. Shiiiiiiit!

hmmm, I get the feeling you don't really like that game ... but maybe that's just me

Say what you want about Derpy Wolves but they have a luxurious mane of hair fit for a shampoo advert.

KxZWcci.jpg

;)

redlacs

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Into the war -- MB-E11B7CBC24835860 - Taken by Maniac

+1 for your alt account or something

Don't be silly.

yUvb.jpg

You had to bring this up, hadn't you? Well I would have supported Peggle 2 if PapEA let me, but they don't! So as you see, is not that my support is tardy, is that I'm not given any choice in the matter! who support, I mean.

Why we don't have a Peggle or Plants vs Zombie sequel on the pc? Really EA, this is beyond dumb, even for EA standards.

huniepop: 99,824 ± 8,506

hate plus: 62,817 ± 6,748

sigh

Both of them should have sold much more..

Arthea

What regions are these? it's not even on the bestsellers list here!

edited:
still not, just double checked, hasn't appeared on it at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom