• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dandelion is the best now that he's all stylish. Behold his glory:
dandelioneep3e.png
Speaking of which, the game is still set to unlock an hour early on Steam. Fingers crossed that CDPR leaves the time alone, although since the PC perf. thread is already up I'll probably decide against getting up at 6am.

aP9m9ya.gif

I got it on GOG so what am I getting excited over...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's become even more of a cesspool of idiocy than what it was before my vacation...

Mouth breathers discussing a hypothetical Nintendo Vs. Capcom, window lickers creating full threads for "can i use my DS4 on pc?" ... I couldn't even stay over there long enough to get a third example.

gaming side is terrible

but I don't see anything wrong with the hypothetical NvC, mind you I haven't opened the thread yet

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm so behind on the 52 Games a Year challenge. Only 17 complete.

My own fault really, I've played far more than 52 games, but I still feel like I have more discover and thus don't count some titles as truly complete just yet like still having a pure chaos/evil run of Dishonored I keep putting off despite having finished the story a few times and the challenges (but not all the DLC).

Sometimes the other side of things. I just never complete a title even if I get close to doing so for it's story or seeing every stage or what have you because I just can't play a game if it feels like it's tedious work or I'm not having fun. Something like Ironclad Tactics just lacks enough to keep me interested in it's game play or strategy and I have no desire to play a strategy title where tactics seem less skill and more luck based due to it's card system and limited placement options.

I could also perhaps play less titles of 60+ hours in length, but I think I almost understand how to do everything well in Pillars of Eternity.

milena87

Another vote for Iorveth as best path!

Speaking of The Witcher 2, I died in Chapter 3 to a stupid group of gargoyles. Insane mode really lulls you into thinking it's easy and you're totally fine and then...

I started it all again. At this point I think I can play the prologue and Flotsam blind.

Chapter 2 is pretty easy, Iorveth's path gets a bit difficult at the end during the assault, but I usually just fly the soldiers away with aard. 3 is tricky, but I thought I would have some problems with the Operator, not a group of gargoyles :

If I die again I think I'll leave this be for a while, at least until after The Witcher 3.

Dr Dogg

I'd like to conduct a study to see if there's a correlation between those that call downgrade based on promo trailers and those who think the likes of SweetFX makes games 'better'.

Anything I should know about using HDMI with PCs?
My current ghetto setup only has VGA input, but my new monitor will only have DP and HDMI, while my 750 TI has only VGA, DVI and HDMI outputs...
I heard a few games have problems when played over HDMI, Crysis 2 something something.
Anything else I need to take into consideration?

Not too much these days as the weird things that used to happen in drivers and display detection has mostly been sorted. Though make sure you are outputting the right colour space for you display (the RGB Full/Limited toggle under Colour Management in NVCP). If your display accepts refresh rates of 24, 50 or 59.94hz you might find a game picks the lowest refresh rate available but can be rectified by creating a custom resolution with the exact parameters (resolution x and y and refresh rate).

dex3108

I'd like to conduct a study to see if there's a correlation between those that call downgrade based on promo trailers and those who think the likes of SweetFX makes games 'better'.

I only used SweetFX when i was running AC Unity at 900p to add small amount of sharpening (and it worked). :D Other than that i don;t really like ReShade and SweetFX.

Arthea

Woah! That's long for a VN isn't it?

all Higurashi is something like 70 hours long if not longer, so 9 hours is nothing!
We just are used that VNs on steam are short, I actually have 36 hours in Long Live the Queen, but then again I 100%-ed it and it's choice based, so not the same.
~10 hours is more or less normal length, Narcissu is ~8 hours, for example, although unvoiced version is faster to finish.

Chariot

Woah! That's long for a VN isn't it?
Well, it depends how fast you read, but that's not very long. There are some that are pretty short, especially smut games, but the story driven VNs with multiple paths tend to be rather long. For example Clannad has more text than all Harry Potter books together, and more than fours times than the whole Lord of the Rings trilogy. The whole Higurashi game is even a bit larger.

btw. it's really weird to meassure Visual Novels in time, when the reading, comprehension and fapping speed can vary very heavily between two humans.

Arthea

I noticed that it shows here that The Witcher unlocks in 14 hours... so it's not today after all? Or almost not today. Or is it unlocking at different times in different regions?

edited: talking about Higurashi, I wish they remade backgrounds too, now they look horrible with those better looking characters. It doesn't seem like that much work, I wonder why they didn't made them to make characters. Soundtrack is nice, tho

Chariot

I noticed that it shows here that The Witcher unlocks in 14 hours... so it's not today after all? Or almost not today. Or is it unlocking at different times in different regions?
It's "today" in some countries. I think it unlocks at midnight in Poland for the whole world of humans and france and thus it's "today" for some e.g. the USA.

Chariot

Well, it's 10:30am in Poland right now so 14 hours is about right!
Just wanted to clarify since it's "today" for some and "tomorrow" for others, some people seemed genuinly confused about that in the cdpr forums.

I for one going to sleep early today and jump at my PC first thing in the morning.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Just wanted to clarify since it's "today" for some and "tomorrow" for others, some people seemed genuinly confused about that in the cdpr forums.

I for one going to sleep early today and jump at my PC first thing in the morning.

aren't we in the same timezone, though? ;)

Arthea

damn you guys, why you don't work like all normal people do?

My AMD card is crying in the corner.

as far as drivers go, it always cries in the corner, is it not?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Because we are secretly failures. Freelance/independent contracting is shit. Good money for what you put in but I'd rather have a steady job.

I do transcription/translating and Lyft driving. Pays for my side of the rent and things. Not much else :(

Chariot

aren't we in the same timezone, though? ;)
I live in Hamburg. It's close to France so reality get warped.
And I enjoy sleeping to much to play through the night. I am going to ride through the lands fresh and healthy.

I went to University just so I could pull that shit. I dread the day I actually finish my studies.
Am I doing something wrong or GeForce Experience doesn't find it yet?
It doesn't. I just downloaded from the link and applied it that way.

milena87

I'll probably play The Witcher 3 only on Thursday or Friday evening.

There's no way I'm staying up late tonight (I can't be a zombie at work) and tomorrow evening there's Life is Strange...

Wednesday is, depending on weather, either BBQ or movie night.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
And I enjoy sleeping to much to play through the night. I am going to ride through the lands fresh and healthy.

Hamburg or no Hamburg - it's still CET ;)

enjoy sleeping too much? aren't Germans supposed to be hard-working or something? :p you lazy butt!!!

Chariot

Hamburg or no Hamburg - it's still CET ;)

enjoy sleeping too much? aren't Germans supposed to be hard-working or something? :p you lazy butt!!!
Do you remember the anomalies from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? France is a country sized one.

Well, I work hard at... at... urgh... I WORK HARD! At something! Some Day!

I'm from near Hamburg originally
Pinneberg lol
, but I live in the south now.
Immerhin nicht in Bayern
. I miss it sometimes.

If LiS didn't update before Witcher 3 finished unpacking, then I'm gonna push it back to weekends(I'll be home then), I won't stop once I start.

Arthea

Do you remember the anomalies from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? France is a country sized one.

Well, I work hard at... at... urgh... I WORK HARD! At something! Some Day!

what's up with you and France, anyway? You do remember that French gave us Ubi and everything related? *insert evil laugh here*

Hi guys quick question. Just replaced the CPU and motherboard on my PC, and I had backed up the steam apps folder from my previous build. So to get my new computer up to date with my Steam library, I do the following:

- Download and install Steam
- Start Steam for the first time and close
- copy backed up steam apps folder and replace existing one
- Start Steam, find my game list, and validate game cache as needed

Do I have the steps down?

zkylon

zkylewd
can't wait for having a videocard to play witcha3 with

watching game of thrones really puts me in the mood for some dark fantasy that isn't shit

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hi guys quick question. Just replaced the CPU and motherboard on my PC, and I had backed up the steam apps folder from my previous build. So to get my new computer up to date with my Steam library, I do the following:

- Download and install Steam
- Start Steam for the first time and close
- copy backed up steam apps folder and replace existing one
- Start Steam, find my game list, and validate game cache as needed

Do I have the steps down?

You don't need to run Steam before replacing the SteamApps folder, and verifying game data won't be necessary unless something refuses to run. For future reference you can just back up the entire Steam folder and everything will work just fine.

Chariot

I'm from near Hamburg originally
Pinneberg lol
, but I live in the south now.
Immerhin nicht in Bayern
. I miss it sometimes.
Well, tell me if you ever take a trip to the north again :D
The south is the most economically healthy part of Germany, aight, so you at least got a good job I presume?

what's up with you and France, anyway? You do remember that French gave us Ubi and everything related? *insert evil laugh here*
Well for one, french are actually parasitic parademons from the future Mars that slaughtered the the populations of Venus and Mars and are now moving to conquer our world with various means. Only thing that kept them so far are the Lizardmen, ironically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom