• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
all this nvidia and amd crap is making me reconsider my choice for a new videocard

i think it's mostly the stress from making such a big investment showing its face again but would really suck if amd turns to be suddenly shit or something

then again i really don't care much about graphics so maybe the ppl that talk so much about how much better nvidia is than amd are the ppl that can tell the difference and that's not really me

The latest episode pissed me the hell off, I'm still angry with the writers.
game of thrones is probably the one show in my life i watched while disliking it almost entirely. i watch because i really enjoy talking about it with my friends, but i just hate misanthropic shit like this, it has me rolling my eyes for an hour every time something actually exciting is about to happen and NOPE

this season has been pretty terrible but tbh i didn't like the others either aside from that one episode that's always really well paced, tho last season it was pretty crap iirc

overall it just makes me appreciate how the witcha games can present a similarly fucked up world that mirrors our own world's darkest isms while at the same time having a message beyond "shitsux"

AHA-Lambda

Anyone know the name of the bot on the community for sending gifts too? Got a left over Magicka 2 Sneak Peek taking up space in my inventory.

The latest episode pissed me the hell off, I'm still angry with the writers.

hmph, looks like I'm not going to regret my decision to chuck it after last season then. Strangely enough my facebook is filled with a lot less chat about it compared to last season too.

Sölf

Well for one, french are actually parasitic parademons from the future Mars that slaughtered the the populations of Venus and Mars and are now moving to conquer our world with various means. Only thing that kept them so far are the Lizardmen, ironically.

We all knew since Kung Pow that the French are aliens.

Bought the RPG Bundle yesterday, been playing bit dungeon 2 for a bit. It's interesting so far.

Chariot

What happened anyways? I read the books, but didn't follow the tv series. I heard that they changed a lot of things lately, but I don't know what exactly.

Ban Puncher

France gave us Daft Punk, Remi Gaillard, one third of Inspector Gadget and Zidane's headbutt on FILTHY CHEATING SCUM ITALY at the 2006 World Cup final.

France is okay.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
France gave us Daft Punk, Remi Gaillard, one third of Inspector Gadget and Zidane's headbutt on FILTHY CHEATING SCUM ITALY at the 2006 World Cup final.

France is okay.

image.php

zkylon

zkylewd
What happened? GoT beating its low point of the season happened.
Just go here and read up.

oh well despite me not liking the show i don't want to make it even worse by spoiling it

overall like my friend put it this season is boring as fuck cos it doesn't seem to be leading up to anything, just a bunch of sort-of-related random things happening but no big events or wars or anything

not that the show handles big events or wars all that well, what with the magical phantoms and whatot

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Someone released a partial voice patch for Higurashi that was automated in it's making so it's missing quite a few audio files in-between but I'll fix it up later today since it's mostly just copy and paste the audio cues in the proper place along with the file name.
https://youtu.be/zR9aL9NEQNo

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
all this nvidia and amd crap is making me reconsider my choice for a new videocard

i think it's mostly the stress from making such a big investment showing its face again but would really suck if amd turns to be suddenly shit or something

then again i really don't care much about graphics so maybe the ppl that talk so much about how much better nvidia is than amd are the ppl that can tell the difference and that's not really me

Stick with Intel HD graphics and you'll never be disappointed. Because your expectations will always be rock-bottom.

Dr Dogg

I awarded The Witcher III the game with the most nebulous pre release awards. I bet CDPR accounted that as part of the 200+.

In more important news my DLC count is within 120 of my Game count. At the start of the year the gap was over 200. I get the feeling this is going to be the year it exceeds the Games count. So when you all want a whinge about how DLC has destroyed the industry you can all point a finger at me. Not saying I won't have a pop back mind.

Arthea

I awarded The Witcher III the game with the most nebulous pre release awards. I bet CDPR accounted that as part of the 200+.

In more important news my DLC count is within 120 of my Game count. At the start of the year the gap was over 200. I get the feeling this is going to be the year it exceeds the Games count. So when you all want a whinge about how DLC has destroyed the industry you can all point a finger at me. Not saying I won't have a pop back mind.

That''s horrible...
*points finger*

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Well, at least we can all be reassured that no one will fall for all the marketing driven pre-rendered trailers this E3, right chums? Nothing but steady hands, cool heads, and realistic expectations from here on out. All aboard the moderately interested in affordably priced interactive entertainment trolley. Or not, it'll be around again later.

Dr Dogg

That''s horrible...
*points finger*

I bet your game count is miles away from your DLC count. And I bet you bought most of your games on sale. Think of all those IP's you devalued before pointing the finger of blame on me for the games industry falling to rack and ruin!!!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This is why you should never give awards to stuff that aren't released. But I guess video game industry wanted to be like the movies.

Don't they know that film awards have a far more hidden corruption?

capsule_616x353.jpg

wait, how does a game that only got recently released get so many awards

The serious answer is there are websites that will give best in show at E3 to 15-16 games. Publishers then count those awards.

The best example was EA putting "game of E3 award" in huge letters on the origin store page for garden warfare. The site they referenced was some European thing that also awarded it to 10 other games.

There is no shame in the industry.

Arthea

I bet your game count is miles away from your DLC count. And I bet you bought most of your games on sale. Think of all those IP's you devalued before pointing the finger of blame on me for the games industry falling to rack and ruin!!!

Kindly think of this: if I haven't bought those games discounted or in a bundle, I wouldn't have bought them at all. By spending money on games I don't really want, I support gaming industry as a whole, while you support its downfall!
of course my dlc count is way lower when my game count, I don't support such horrible practices!
mostly because these are never discounted enough, you know

200 awards is like, a lot of awards. That's more awards than I'm going to get in my lifetime.

are you a video game? I thought you are milk

Anteater

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/292030/capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1431942764[IMG]

wait, how does a game that only got recently released get so many awards[/QUOTE]

These I guess:

[URL="http://web.archive.org/web/20140331032852/http://cdpred.com/e3-2013-setting-records-and-raising-the-bar/"]http://web.archive.org/web/20140331032852/http://cdpred.com/e3-2013-setting-records-and-raising-the-bar/[/URL]

Dr Dogg

Kindly think of this: if I haven't bought those games discounted or in a bundle, I wouldn't have bought them at all. By spending money on games I don't really want, I support gaming industry as a whole, while you support its downfall!
of course my dlc count is way lower when my game count, I don't support such horrible practices!
mostly because these are never discounted enough, you know

But because you didn't buy them at full price like our glorious overloads so deemed we should, many developers were cast to the wayside and sacrificed for your frugal spending habits. Next time you see the PapEA comic when Visceral are next in line to be shot and dumped in the ditch spare a little though for that poor boy who died because of your tardy 'support'.

I've just realised someone is going to probably see this, out of context and think I'm either bonkers, or worse still, suckle at the teet of those Men in Suits™.

You know in most competitive sports when you're caught doping to achieve the accoladed or award bestowed on you, either it's stripped from you or scrubbed from the record books and past on to the next in line. Wonder what fate awaits CDPR if something comes out of the wood work? Of course shitty marketing awards (and I've worked for a few publishers where they are actually a sales tool than an actual award) aren't really comparable to an Olympic Medal but it would still be living a lie!!!

Arthea

But because you didn't by them at full price like our glorious overloads so deemed we should, many developers were cast to the wayside and sacrificed for your frugal spending habits. Next time you see the PapEA comic when Visceral are next in line to be shot and dumped in the ditch spare a little though for that poor boy who died because of your tardy 'support'.

I've just realised someone is going to probably see this, out of context and think I'm either bonkers, or worse still, suckle at the teet of those Men in Suits™.

You had to bring this up, hadn't you? Well I would have supported Peggle 2 if PapEA let me, but they don't! So as you see, is not that my support is tardy, is that I'm not given any choice in the matter! who support, I mean.

Also you haven't bought Higurashi, they very first cult VN we got, so you aren't one to talk about tardy support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom