• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
vM510L.gif

To be fair, wasn't ubersampling just what we now know as downsampling? Because then it's pointless to have in-game when every card and their mum does it on a driver-level now.

Even back then, supersampling existed at the driver level. CDPR even put a big fat red warning saying that it was a crazy intensive setting that shouldn't be used unless you have godlike hardware. And it didn't matter one bit. People bitched and moaned about how they couldn't max out the game. They were so used to pushing all the sliders to max on the 360/ps3 ports that they just couldn't handle a game that was built to be scalable for future hardware.

That's why it's gone from this iteration. I bet it'll come back when they inevitably release the enhanced edition in a year from now.

Hello again, after so long SteamGAF, how have you all been? I'm posting less and less on GAF lately so I'm kinda out of the loop. Also, I'm using my Vita and PS3 much more than my PC lately so no much Steam action going on right now.

Just saw that Nobunaga's Ambition is getting a PC release, though it seems that Koei doesn't seem to know how to handle ports :v

So, what's hot on PC right now? The last games that I've played were Tale Of Altinexx (amazing SHUMP) and Final Fantasy XIII (because that I promised that I would be play but it's an incredibly tiring game).

FXAA maybe? Not much to adjust there.
Weird that in a game which markets itself as a graphical highlight there are no AA options.
Seems this German reviewer was right with his guess for FXAA.
And we got W3 PC vs Gameplay trailer comparison and there is no any doubt now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIS5WHx4xDk

It's in German, so here the parts that struck out for me. (Just transcribing, not putting my opinion mind you)

• Played on 780Ti+i7-4790K > very fluid gameplay
  • Textures are not as high
  • View distance is much shorter
  • Sky and clouds are much worse
  • Water looks worse
  • Much less NPCs roaming cities
  • Lighting inside of buildings is much worse, immersion loss, "plastic-ey"
  • Vegetation is less dense and looks less realistic
  • AA option are not there, only on/off (that surprised me honestly), person guesses FXAA since even at ultra settings there is aliasing
  • Water in swamp doesn't react good to player movement
  • Fire lacks many good effects; particles and smoke
Verdict:
Still it's not possible to say the game looks bad in any way, actually very good looking. But it is definitely a downgrade from early footage and PC version is much more akin to PS4 version that early PC version.
Day1 Patch might add new options but most likely nothing substantial to bring back early footage quality.

First the bus I was on was a Volvo

Then a car coming from a parking garage tried to run over me, it was a Volvo

Then I crossed a street and again I almost got hit by a different Volvo

Volvo plz

Jawmuncher

Nice, now hopefully its releasing this year and maybe they will do a beta for all the schmucks who bought Wolf:NWO. Hmmmmm???

Yes Witcher 3 looks very nice.

As a current member of team red, this has my interest.

I forgot all about the beta. They'll probably just end up doing a early access demo or something for them.

derExperte

Only Krautscape looks interesting. A bit slow though.

fooslv.gif

No clue how races are supposed to turn out with that mechanic.

I kicked this off my wishlist due to a lack of progress, dead online an no real single player. Maybe someone here has something good to say about it but beware.

iosefe

so i'm looking at a giveaway on Steamgifts for GTA V, and there is this one guy continuously commenint that the giveaway creator doesn't have it in his inventory, and i guess he editted and said it was Social Club Keys....and so i keep reading the comment stream and see Se7enSword.

sup comrade.

anyway

Parsnip

All the Witcher talk, it's difficult to not go and buy it.
But I still haven't played through Roche path in W2.
And I think I need to know how well my system will run it before jumping in.

Must resist.

dex3108

That's a very good read. Always interested in what settings cost how much performance.

That Water Simulation should be on by default though.

eodpiu.gif

oxdmdu.gif

There's so much more interesting stuff. Really urge anyone who plans to play Witcher 3 to read it. Very good stuff.

HBAO+ and few Shadow ini tweaks are must. Too bad that Hairworks is really demanding but it looks awesome.

Fox318

people in that downgrade thread are going nuts.

games looks amazing and the people complaining probably don't even have the setup to run at 4k.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
VRAM usage staying near 2GB on the higher settings gives me hope. Low quality, muddy textures drive me crazy so if I can at least keep that crisp, I'll be alright with shedding some other options.

Anteater

those shadows quality barely made any difference for my untrained eyes for w3

why am i looking at this article, now i want to play the game

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm pretty excited.

The tweak guides are nice, but im looking for a guide to detail what to put songs on to replicate ps4 settings. I expect to hit similar performance on my rig but would love to closely match ps4 settings and then tweak from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom