• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

The only thing that matters is Killer Instinct and if/how/when it comes to PC.

I think you're right -- most indie games and AAA games these days start on PC, and then loop in a console when they're approached or as it makes sense to do so. So MS properties seem like the most likely candidates to actually use the service.

KI is one thing that would be good with windows store. Let Xbox One owners purchases transfer between the two, plus support for 360 pads would probably bring in a lot of players. Seems to be a good bit of people who don't want to buy a X1 arcade stick at this point.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I dares you to wear this.

Jo29DWA.png

Why would you create this abomination?

Why?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
From what I've seen, CE statuettes are almost invariably of poor quality.

Probably because they have to mass produce it. Then again, I'm wondering if it's a mold making issue more than anything.

KI is one thing that would be good with windows store. Let Xbox One owners purchases transfer between the two, plus support for 360 pads would probably bring in a lot of players. Seems to be a good bit of people who don't want to buy a X1 arcade stick at this point.

I don't care where it is. I want to play it and I don't want to buy an X1 just for it. Buying a PS4 for Bloodborne (which was ruined for me and I still haven't played at this point) was worthwhile for a multitude of reasons... being that the X1 is the same age and still only has 1 game I'd give a damn about and I don't want to pay for an X1, X1 fight stick, KI (and all content), and a XBLG sub... yeah, no effin' thanks. Put it on the W10 store, put it on Steam (preferred, duh), just put it on PC.

Other than the fight stick issue, the Halo games are probably the same... you'll see MCC on W10 store before you'd ever see it on Steam. Especially if it works out to have crossplay through the Xbox app or whatever it is. Even gimped crossplay is still crossplay. :)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
From what I've seen, CE statuettes are almost invariably of poor quality.

Probably because they have to mass produce it. Then again, I'm wondering if it's a mold making issue more than anything.

They don't bother putting too much detail into the molds because their main use is for people on 4chan to post gifs of themselves completing on top of them.

Shantom

Hi guys, long time no see!
Last time I came here was during Christmas sales I think...
And I see Akiba's Trip will be finally out soon!
How are these NIS/XSEED PC ports usually? Should wait for a patch or two before getting it? Will my PC be enough for it?

All of XSEED's Steam releases to date haven't been full ports, they've been 1 programmer porting improvements from the PSP releases back into the PC version and then making sure said PC version runs on modern PCs. Akiba's Trip is different in that it's ported by the original devs, and I imagine it's not going to be a great port - it's already confirmed to be locked at 30fps

baterism

http://www.civilization.com/en/news/2015-05-civilization-beyond-earth-rising-tide-fall-2015/
New expansion for BE, nice. Might finally pull the trigger, I tried it on free weekend before and not that impressed. Additional gameplay and factions are great, but hopefully they do something about the color tone that looks like a freaking moldy purple rock.

I still hope with additional time they somehow able to make it run at 60fps. It won't change my buying decision, but well...

Chariot

http://www.civilization.com/en/news/2015-05-civilization-beyond-earth-rising-tide-fall-2015/
New expansion for BE, nice. Might finally pull the trigger, I tried it on free weekend before and not that impressed. Additional gameplay and factions are great, but hopefully they do something about the color tone that looks like a freaking moldy purple rock.
They also should do something baout the boredom. I loved Civilisation IV and V and played them for hours and hours, but I barely made it through two games of BE. It was just boring after the novelty of the tech net faded. The victory conditions are boring, the AIs don't have a real personality (even when not based of something, they could've gotten some defining trait) and it was difficult to connect to anything. Sure, it's not based on anything, but they didn't even try to give us fluff except for the amazing intro sequence. I was missing the interesting quotes when finishing a new technology.

I regret to pre-ordering it and lie now in wait for at least two expansions. Not trusting them right now.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

NekoChan Hero Collection -- MB-CB5E15C40E5D912D - Taken by Bayonetta
Looks like garbage.
Roogoo -- MB-FF7616D41826059E - Taken by Eila
Surely a favorite of Ralph Wiggum.

baterism

They also should do something baout the boredom. I loved Civilisation IV and V and played them for hours and hours, but I barely made it through two games of BE. It was just boring after the novelty of the tech net faded. The victory conditions are boring, the AIs don't have a real personality (even when not based of something, they could've gotten some defining trait) and it was difficult to connect to anything. Sure, it's not based on anything, but they didn't even try to give us fluff except for the amazing intro sequence. I was missing the interesting quotes when finishing a new technology.

I regret to pre-ordering it and lie now in wait for at least two expansions. Not trusting them right now.

Yeah, I also feel the same after playing one game. I found it even more lacking than Civ V vanilla. The wonders aren't wondrous, the leaders looks aren't as dashing and charming as Civ V leaders (could because the humanity supposed to already have one dominant culture, all same, boring). And affinity based units actually result in THREE factions. And the tech web, it's damn confusing, the GUI (neon like it's 80s) made it even worse.

rtcn63

I like how there's no explanation of what the glasses are supposed to be for. Just... have some 3-D glasses! I'm sure you kids will find something to do with them.

I wonder if any teenagers tried to use them to watch scrambled channels. I mean, there's a sort of logic there if you think about.

Ok the previous giveaway was just a test run for the real deal:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (LurkerPrime, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (GOG) Nvidia key -- MB-21440E1920588BE7 - Taken by Parsnip

t1431979024z1.png
EMBRACE THE HYPE.

Please note that this an extra key I got from the Nvidia graphics card promotion. To redeem it go to https://redeem.geforce.com/ The process should be straightforward. Also note that it will redeem directly to your GOG account, if I understand the process correctly.

Sch1sm

I wonder if Steam will ever change the way the Queue works. As in, when I choose add to your wishlist/follow/not interested it'll automatically move to the next game rather than me having to click next in queue.
I'm just lazy, I know. I know.

Buraindo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

ulgzbKC.png
Dungeons of Dredmor Desura Key -- MB-B61F130B1D44F684
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Introversion Bundle Desura Key -- MB-C79081DE219453B3 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-248EB836F3719488 - Taken by yoshizzle
Total War: ROME II Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-509AE4A50CF00B14

Too many good giveaways. Time to spoil the mood.

iosefe

Ok the previous giveaway was just a test run for the real deal:

EMBRACE THE HYPE.

Please note that this an extra key I got from the Nvidia graphics card promotion. To redeem it go to https://redeem.geforce.com/ The process should be straightforward. Also note that it will redeem directly to your GOG account, if I understand the process correctly.

test run....

or Throttle Tool

previous giveaway has unclaimed FTL. somebody please fix that

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So guys, I'm celebrating my 5th Steam birthday by crossing the magical 1K bar.

Someone hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom