• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

I dares you to wear this.

Jo29DWA.png

Chronic masturbation has finally caused me to start going blind.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know i'll at least get a hour in Witcher. Since Life is Strange will be 8PM at the earliest, and I got to bed around 10pm.

It'll be released at 5:00PM here, so I should have plenty of time to run through Ep 3 tonight. The previous two took me about 2ish hours each.

Dr Dogg

Deadbeat

Banned
Alright so does my witcher 2 save game have a few more hidden variables, or does the questionaire at the beginning of witcher 3 cover the jist of it?

Anteater

Lel, so about the Xbox Ones dynamic resolution scaling in WItcher 3, DF only found the menus and cutscenes to be rendered in 1080p, everything else is 900p.

Dat marketing.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1047860

CD Project PR is all bullshit.

I thought they said it was going to be 900p years ago. DF can't really test the entire game world and I don't really see why it matters if the game mostly runs at 900p and sometimes higher during certain sections.

MUnited83

For you.
Damn, that's so downgraded, looks like a ps3 game!

Sorry, had to do it

It's still quite a downgrade from the initial footage. People complaining about the downgrade aren't saying that the game looks like shit. It actually looks pretty darn good. But nothing close to the level of the 2013 footage.

It's still quite a downgrade from the initial footage. People complaining about the downgrade aren't saying that the game looks like shit. It actually looks pretty darn good. But nothing close to the level of the 2013 footage.

Another way to look at it is that people are getting one of the best looking open worlds in what seems to be an amazingly good game but instead of being excited they are stuck on all of 12 minutes of footage released in the past three years and saying it's ruined and what not.

AHA-Lambda

Obscure 2 is a masterpiece of trash gaming, but it's not "so bad, so good", it stops on "so bad" phase. I'm having fun with it, gameplay side is pretty much the same of Obscure 1, but the plot is insanely bad that I'm having serious fun following it just to discover new low points. Something like
one of the main character from Obscure 1 turns bad because he has nothing better to do, he kills the girlfriend of one of his friend by stumping her head, no one give a fuck and all characters continue joking like nothing happened. Also Shannon killed her brother but hey, it's not so important so why not start a flirt with the other dude from O1? Also during the beginning of the game one dude told me to drink his piss, because...he was pissed? Monsters started to pop out but no one is astonished, during the intro cutscene those dudes sniffed some...flowers like a drug, just because they are young and they need to have fun.

ok, that's next in my backlog then XD

Jawmuncher

Wrap it up folks. Sounds like no steam to me
Windows 10’s unified Store promotes crossplatform apps and games. Where do you see it in relation to Steam?

I think Steam’s great, and they have a lot of my money – a large part of my games library is in Steam. Steam is very much a gamer’s store, but I think our Windows Store will start off with a diversity of content like the App Store or Google Play. I think there are enough gaming customers to go round, and I don’t expect anybody’s going to delete their Steam account when they buy a game in the Windows Store and vice versa. If you’re an Xbox developer, there are some tools that we’re providing that allow you to seamlessly move from Xbox to PC – Xbox Live and the Universal App Platform will be helpful for those guys. I love what Steam is doing – Valve is an innovative company, and I don’t think the world’s going to dissolve down to one retailer, either on the high street or digitally.

Sch1sm

Alright so does my witcher 2 save game have a few more hidden variables, or does the questionaire at the beginning of witcher 3 cover the jist of it?

There was talk of some extra mechanism for importing the save, but I don't think that was ever verified, if that's what you mean.

We are getting close, now when you click on pre-load button on Steam for Witcher 3 EULA will pop up xD

Paaatience.

Dr Dogg

Wrap it up folks. Sounds like no steam to me

After the disaster that was GFWL and how they handled it with regards to external publishers I don't think there will be a sane one that will touch them exclusively. They might self publish from now on solely on the Windows Store a bit like EA and Origin but any third party considering doing an Windows Store exclusive runs the risk of leaving a lot of money on the table.

brassica

Hi guys, long time no see!
Last time I came here was during Christmas sales I think...
And I see Akiba's Trip will be finally out soon!
How are these NIS/XSEED PC ports usually? Should wait for a patch or two before getting it? Will my PC be enough for it?

Here is my current configuration :

- Intel C2Q 9400
- 8 GB RAM
- AMD R9 270X 2 GB RAM
- Sandisk SSD 256 GB Hard Drive for Windows and games
- Seagate 1 TB Hard Drive for data
- Iiyama 27" 1920*1200 monitor

I think I bought this machine in 2008/2009 and I only added the SSD drive like two years ago and changed the graphic card last year.
Believe it or not, every game I play run smooth and fast at the max specs with the highest resolution available with no overclocking what so ever ^^
Well, I must confess I play mostly multi platform games, as I own no home console.

I upgraded to Windows 10, but for the moment I haven't played a game yet, but I was wondering, are the AMD drivers provided by Windows 10 enough for gaming (mostly Steam), or should I get the ones from the AMD website?
If the second option is the one, should I choose the 8/8.1 drivers? Last time I checked there was no Windows 10 specific one.

Terra_Ex

There was talk of some extra mechanism for importing the save, but I don't think that was ever verified, if that's what you mean.
I hope the import will at least tell us what the state of the world is, Witcher 2 could import a save but it was pure guesswork knowing what choices you made in said save. They've said it skips the choice scene completely if you use an imported save, which if the game also fails to tell you up front about your W2 choices, seems to be a glaring oversight.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Geneforge Saga (Steam) -- MB-CC722D36535B0EA7 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus (Steam) -- MB-97B3EFDF2A60A29A - Taken by BigAT. 1 entrants total.
Medal of Honor (Steam) -- MB-E11101A435CB8F5E - Taken by Mavromatis. 1 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham City (Steam) -- MB-6330DEF1F0960EB3 - Taken by Deques. 2 entrants total.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (Steam) -- MB-60860B05DC0222C1 - Taken by theMrCravens. 1 entrants total.
FTL (Steam) -- MB-4E2AE27C158EA7B4 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Limbo (Steam) -- MB-CC9FC9B3EB0A323B - Taken by brassica. 1 entrants total.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Steam) -- MB-4ED9EA351AE51EFA - Taken by TheLight. 1 entrants total.
Avadon: The Black Fortress (Steam) -- MB-2C57F9D253B79888 - Taken by Arthea. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space (Steam) -- MB-3B913B7838277446 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 2 entrants total.
Sleeping Dogs (Steam) -- MB-11A2BDC3543C5894 - Taken by Vlad. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Gish (Steam) -- MB-67AC1560807A98B1 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Humble Bundle 3 -- MB-887E9D515880123A - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Warlock (Steam) -- MB-1F8350DDE5ECDDC3 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
HOARD (Steam) -- MB-0FA50632BA0B37D8 - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.
Bastion (Steam) -- MB-ABEF94F567F9EE36 - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Startopia (Steam) -- MB-FF60B4786C30E21D - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
Offspring Fling (Steam) -- MB-023118A7D83AF39F - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.

t1431966660z1.png

Here you go, SteamGAF. Most are Steam keys accumulated over some years, but a couple are Humble links for said Steam keys. Gish is the bottom and Avandon is the height for this giveaway. (And yes, Lightning Raffle was overkill.)

Enjoy.

Jawmuncher

How are these NIS/XSEED PC ports usually? Should wait for a patch or two before getting it? Will my PC be enough for it?

- Intel C2Q 9400
- 8 GB RAM
- AMD R9 270X 2 GB RAM

I think I bought this machine in 2008/2009 and I only added the SSD drive like two years ago and changed the graphic card last year.
Believe it or not, every game I play run smooth and fast at the max specs with the highest resolution available with no overclocking what so ever ^^
Well, I must confess I play mostly multi platform games, as I own no home console.

I upgraded to Windows 10, but for the moment I haven't played a game yet, but I was wondering, are the AMD drivers provided by Windows 10 enough for gaming (mostly Steam), or should I get the ones from the AMD website?
If the second option is the one, should I choose the 8/8.1 drivers? Last time I checked there was no Windows 10 specific one.

You currently just have to play the waiting game. No one has hands on with the port yet, so we don't really know. Though I can't recall anything bad from Xseed thus far. If it's a good port I can say that the recommended specs on the page are probably exaggerated though. So I would say your PC should be fine.
As for drivers Windows 10 might have just automatically grabbed the 8/8.1 drivers. If anything I would leave them be until you run into a issue.

Sch1sm

I hope the import will at least tell us what the state of the world is, Witcher 2 could import a save but it was pure guesswork knowing what choices you made in said save. They've said it skips the choice scene completely if you use an imported save, which if the game also fails to tell you up front about your W2 choices, seems to be a glaring oversight.

I have a suspicion it'll be the same story, considering the questionnaire they have at the beginning of W3. Decisions are already made. Still, I'm with you on that hope.

Sunset Overdrive could happen, GoW I kind of doubt, and MCC maybe after Halo 5 releases.

I dunno about MCC. 343i gave up on its issues to focus on 5 to begin with -- "For all your troubles, here. Play Halo 5 multiplayer if you played MCC before Dec 17. We're sorry."
q-q

oh my ....

This just makes me glad I cancelled on collectors. That face isn't pretty. Looks like my grade 6 paper mache mess.

Jawmuncher

I have a suspicion it'll be the same story, considering the questionnaire they have at the beginning of W3. Decisions are already made. Still, I'm with you on that hope.

I dunno about MCC. 343i gave up on its issues to focus on 5 to begin with -- "For all your troubles, here. Play Halo 5 multiplayer if you played MCC before Dec 17. We're sorry."
q-q

True, they might just take the work and release each one solo.

Tizoc

- Intel C2Q 9400
- 8 GB RAM
- AMD R9 270X 2 GB RAM

XSEED ports are excellent, NIS ports on PC so far need that Durante touch but run great with it.

Sunset Overdrive could happen, GoW I kind of doubt, and MCC maybe after Halo 5 releases.

The only thing that matters is Killer Instinct and if/how/when it comes to PC.

After the disaster that was GFWL and how they handled it with regards to external publishers I don't think there will be a sane one that will touch them exclusively. They might self publish from now on solely on the Windows Store a bit like EA and Origin but any third party considering doing an Windows Store exclusive runs the risk of leaving a lot of money on the table.

I think you're right -- most indie games and AAA games these days start on PC, and then loop in a console when they're approached or as it makes sense to do so. So MS properties seem like the most likely candidates to actually use the service.

iosefe

Here you go, SteamGAF. Most are Steam keys accumulated over some years, but a couple are Humble links for said Steam keys. Gish is the bottom and Avandon is the height for this giveaway. (And yes, Lightning Raffle was overkill.)

Enjoy.

a Rare original Sleeping dogs. noice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom