• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Doop

Depends on who you ask. Many did not like the RTS elements, but liked that the game is a tribute to metal and that much of themes are inspired by Metal in general.
Also Jack Black is the main character.
If you do get to play it, just set difficulty to Easy and enjoy the ride.

Good music, at least. Driving around in the car, rocking out to Electric Eye and When the Night Falls ... And then an RTS comes out of left field and donkey punches you.

How much of the game do the RTS elements take up? I've heard some pretty bad things about that.

How much of the game do the RTS elements take up? I've heard some pretty bad things about that.

They eventually take up the bulk of combat. But, you can shift from a commander style mode to hack/slash at anytime. There's also not huge numbers of troops, so it's more like Company of Heroes in that sense. RTS games are just not my thing, but I think the game does it well with small troop #s and the switching

Dsyndrome

Potential new Dinosaur game and we're still talking about brutal legend. You guys kill me.

I've had Dino Crisis 1 & 2 for a few years now on PSN and never installed them. Watcha gonna do now?

Never played Turok either, I did play the raptor on Jurassic Park for Genesis more than a lot of other games, though.

I like RTS's and this just pissed me off. Having to try and build stuff up and micromanage everything with a controller was a pain in the dick. One of the stage battles (I can't remember which one) was the point in which I stopped playing and moved on, even though I loved the music and atmosphere.

Jawmuncher

I've had Dino Crisis 1 & 2 for a few years now on PSN and never installed them. Watcha gonna do now?

Never played Turok either, I did play the raptor on Jurassic Park for Genesis more than a lot of other games, though.

I can't do anything but sit here sad and drink my sorrows away.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

For a second I thought you meant this game and was gonna be like "dude, that game was the shit!"

Jawmuncher high-five

zkylon

zkylewd
ugh, why did you remind me of that...
i love max payne, down to the shitty dream sequences, but that restaurant section was super bad lol

I played MP2 so much that I finished it on all difficults

i did that with both mp1 and 2 including the new york minute ones and everything

i played like a million mods for mp2 too

back then i used to have lots more videogame skills i think (lol not really)

Jawmuncher

For a second I thought you meant this game and was gonna be like "dude, that game was the shit!"

Jawmuncher high-five
Hell yeah. Operation genesis Is still the best park game ever. People are still doing mods for it.
I move in June, I'll install DC1 on my Vita then since I'll be without internet for a month at least. See what the fuss is about.
If you like old school RE you should like it. DC2 is straight action and worth a play even if you don't beat 1.

wilflare

I should get on that IG for $4 spacebucks... right?
or should I just wait for the HH

I didn't know there were different Hump Day bundles :/

MUnited83

For you.

I didn't there were different Hump Day bundles :/

If you can find someone who hosts group buys then definitely wait for HH. You will be able to get the full bundle for 2$ or less.

Dinosaur game should stomp Brutal Legend by principle.

Potential new Dinosaur game and we're still talking about brutal legend. You guys kill me.

There are no details... other than bishoptl is involved.

I don't think that's enough to trump DECAPITAAAAATTTTTIOOOOOON!!!

I didn't there were different Hump Day bundles :/

Do you want some of the games it contains?
Do you have an interest in playing them?
Are they worth your $4?

If you anwered yes to these questions, buy the fucking bundle and stop asking pointless questions just to have someone enable you. >_<

wilflare

If you can find someone who hosts group buys then definitely wait for HH. You will be able to get the full bundle for 2$ or less.

yea. I paid CAG a visit. hope the usual host delivers :/

There are no details... other than bishoptl is involved.

I don't think that's enough to trump DECAPITAAAAATTTTTIOOOOOON!!!

Do you want some of the games it contains?
Do you have an interest in playing them?
Are they worth your $4?

If you anwered yes to these questions, buy the fucking bundle and stop asking pointless questions just to have someone enable you. >_<

don't vent your frustrations of having your MKX save deleted on me, frost ><
I'm innocent ><

EDIT: I just kinda want to +1 like everyone else :/

i did that with both mp1 and 2 including the new york minute ones and everything

i played like a million mods for mp2 too

back then i used to have lots more videogame skills i think (lol not really)

Other game I finished on all difficulties was the original HL. I'm sure I was a better player back in the day.

inm8num2

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Canabalt -- MB-BAC58663E3DC1D8D - Taken by Kifimbo
Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse -- MB-856B3BE01C133C29 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Gateways -- MB-7B14D07AFB31984A - Taken by thereisnoif
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-797782EBA06C7491 - Taken by nja
A.R.E.S: Extinction Agenda -- MB-64DC4C10C2E056CC - Taken by WinterDemons

Lomax

You know, I don't think I've ever played Brutal Legend. Is it good?

I loved it, but I love metal, so I think that's kind of a requirement for enjoyment. Like everyone says, the RTS sections are mediocre at best. But I drove around and got 100% of the collectables and spent as much time just screwing around as anything. I'd love to see a sequel, especially one with more focus and no RTS stuff. But with my luck they'll make it tower defense or something.

I didn't know there were different Hump Day bundles :/

If you're looking to save the most it does seem like the type of bundle that will have a happy hour, but honestly you're only going to save a dollar or two by waiting and it could be a week or two before we have happy hour, if at all. I'm gonna spend the $4 because it's worth that to me but I'm waiting on happy hour for the Evoland bundle.

MUnited83

For you.
I loved it, but I love metal, so I think that's kind of a requirement for enjoyment. Like everyone says, the RTS sections are mediocre at best. But I drove around and got 100% of the collectables and spent as much time just screwing around as anything. I'd love to see a sequel, especially one with more focus and no RTS stuff. But with my luck they'll make it tower defense or something.

If you're looking to save the most it does seem like the type of bundle that will have a happy hour, but honestly you're only going to save a dollar or two by waiting and it could be a week or two before we have happy hour, if at all. I'm gonna spend the $4 because it's worth that to me but I'm waiting on happy hour for the Evoland bundle.

2 bucks saved is 2 more bucks to spend in other bundles :p

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ballpoint Universe: Infinite -- MB-7F9CBF86A1595D20 - Taken by auroragoryalice
Sang Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-7D370D07B641BF65 - Taken by Tesseract

inm8num2

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream was the mystery game for the Groupees Be Afraid Bundle. Been wanting to pick this up.

I'd recommend reading the short story ahead of time as well (which differs a little from the game, especially for one of the characters whose backstory is changed quite a bit). Not necessary to read the short story beforehand, but enriching.

The game itself is good overall but has some poor design elements, namely in various dead ends you can unknowingly create for yourself and other various bugs. Voice acting is superb (Harlan Ellison voices evil supercomputer AM). It's really an unforgettable game - quite dark and disturbing.

All this Brutal Legend talk just reminds me that I haven't beaten the PC port of Brutal Legend yet.

It's quite telling that their best-selling title was... Very underwhelming. I guess there's a reason their bridges with publishers are nothing but smoldering stumps.

Majesco, THQ, Microsoft and EA are the only major publishers I can think of. Microsoft continued to work with Double Fine, for one more downloadable title, Iron Brigade, and EA kinda fucked Brutal Legend over by providing it with no marketing. Basically same thing they did to Stranger's Wrath. Majesco and THQ both imploded.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yes.
Saints Row IV is more fun than GTAV.
Better story too.

I'm only partway through GTAV, but this holds true so far. GTA is just Saint's Row with worse gameplay and story, and infinitely higher production values. The Rockstar Polish™ is what everyone goes crazy for.

Anteater

I found brutal legend a bit boring so I never continued, but I loved the humor. I'll probably get back to it when I'm in the mood.

Too much in what way? Weird? Because you're going to get a lot of weird. And Millenial nostalgia in the music department.

And don't think of it as GTA clone anymore. Have you played Prototype or Crackdown?

Prototype is horrible. Not even the great premise can save such a clunky trainwreck.

Saint's Row 3 is a masterpiece next to it.

Dsyndrome

Don't know if it was posted, but preload for The Old Blood is live. I'm behind on fucking games so I installed The New Order instead.

I'd recommend reading the short story ahead of time as well (which differs a little from the game, especially for one of the characters whose backstory is changed quite a bit). Not necessary to read the short story beforehand, but enriching.

The game itself is good overall but has some poor design elements, namely in various dead ends you can unknowingly create for yourself and other various bugs. Voice acting is superb (Harlan Ellison voices evil supercomputer AM). It's really an unforgettable game - quite dark and disturbing.

Many thanks for this. I'll have it bookmarked for when I start the game.

Yes.
Saints Row IV is more fun than GTAV.
Better story too.

It was fun from what I played during the free weekend. Don't know the story in GTA and haven't finished SR4 (didn't finish the storyline because too busy getting collectables, lol) so can't compared them at the moment.

Saints Row picked up where Grand Theft Auto left off with the ridiculous game-y moments. GTA started to take itself too seriously, Saints Row has a gun that shoots chum and causes a shark to burst and eat the chum covered target.

Correct!

Saints Row picked up where Grand Theft Auto left off with the ridiculous game-y moments. GTA started to take itself too seriously, Saints Row has a gun that shoots chum and causes a shark to burst and eat the chum covered target.

Saint's Row is GTA if a bunch of 11 year old boys were thrown in a room and polled on what they'd want to see/do in a video game. This is not necessarily a good thing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
oh yeah that sounds fun

too many sandbox games are always about being related to crooks or such

Lomax

I found brutal legend a bit boring so I never continued, but I loved the humor. I'll probably get back to it when I'm in the mood.

Eh, if you stopped, you probably played the best of it already, the latter half isn't nearly as good as the first half.

Turfster

Saint's Row is GTA if a bunch of 11 year old boys were thrown in a room and polled on what they'd want to see/do in a video game. This is not necessarily a good thing.

It's better than recent GTA games, which are what you get when you have a 12 year old that actually wants to be a Hollywood B-movie "maestro" writing "mature hur hur hur" stories full of "biting" social commentary.

At least SR is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom