• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

At the end of the day, DmC was not a great (or probably even a good DMC game), but the actual gameplay was fun enough that I'm willing to look at Hellblade and at least give it a shot. Prior to DmC, NT didn't have a great track record, IMO -- heavenly sword could've been much better, but the gameplay wasn't right... and enslaved showed they didn't learn much from their HS mistakes, even if they were learning how to use UE3.

Maybe not expecting much will leave me pleasantly surprised once again.

Finally again on my PC.

Even browsing Gaf is different. There's so much info on a single line and images as well!

Time to join the 100ppp club.

---

I'm at the end of Act 1 in TW2... do I choose Roche or Iorveth for my first experience with the game?
Was leaning Roche with keeping this save game from right before choosing to go back and switch if I wanted to.
Was also having a psychotic break and considering an insane run eventually -- some of the stuff I've seen regarding that seem to indicate Iorveth's path is the easier of the two?

zkylon

zkylewd
That's still pretty cool.
Coding is something I wish I knew.

When will we see the fruits of 1000hrs deving? ;)
when i get my shit together and finish something

that 1000hrs project (which is less, really, but probably more if you count hours spent on photoshop, writing documents, balancing, designing levels, mechanics and characters, etc.) is pretty much dead tho. too big for only me and i'm not smart enough to do ai

Time to join the 100ppp club.
alfred-nevah.gif

Teggy

So I need to get caught up on The Witcher. Question is should I pick it up where I left off several months ago (last year, maybe?) and see if I can remember how to play or start over? I was in Chapter 2 at the part where you are collecting the different colored stones.

Sarcasm

So I need to get caught up on The Witcher. Question is should I pick it up where I left off several months ago (last year, maybe?) and see if I can remember how to play or start over? I was in Chapter 2 at the part where you are collecting the different colored stones.

I recommend read about W1 and than play W2.

As long as you have a decent idea of what you were doing, you should be able to pick up where you left off and get rolling pretty easily, I'd think.

I recommend read about W1 and than play W2.

This was not part of his question.
He asked "start over or continue?" not "should I just skip it?"
Reading comprehension, GAF... come on. ;)

I'm at the end of Act 1 in TW2... do I choose Roche or Iorveth for my first experience with the game?
Was leaning Roche with keeping this save game from right before choosing to go back and switch if I wanted to.
Was also having a psychotic break and considering an insane run eventually -- some of the stuff I've seen regarding that seem to indicate Iorveth's path is the easier of the two?

I'd recommend Iorveth's path, it's my favorite path, but I chose Roche's on my first playthrough.
Not sure about the difficulty though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
DreadOut, the main game, has been fully out since Valentine's Day earlier this year, but since the Indiegogo campaign, the game has been confirmed to have one paid DLC (that is free to all Kickstarter backers, however) for the game. It's just been detailed on the Indiegogo page.

Titled, "DreadOut: Keepers of the Dark."

b318i4r69xark08bucba.jpg

Details in a nutshell:

-Takes place narratively in the game between a scene towards the end of the game where Linda gets pulled through a mirror, and before she awakens in front of the school before the final boss battle. Includes new narrative and cutscenes to fill in a new arch of the game's story.
-Features free-roam exploration and progression, with a variety of tasks to complete and locations you can explore freely. All locations from Act 0, 1 and 2 of the game are in the DLC, as well as all ghost encountered in the main game.
-Also includes two brand new levels that was neither in Act 0, 1, or 2.
-10 new ghosts with newly designed battles, 8 of them helped designed by highest-tier Indiegogo supporters.

Two screenshots, 1 of one of the new areas, one of 1 of the 10 new ghosts:

rpihy9mgouow5hajfolp.jpg

pzuhqt25ew8l1fy5ungm.jpg

Nzyme32

Grrr. Annoyed with Life Is Strange. I ran into a glitch that gets the game stuck in rewind mode. Even rewinding all the way to the beginning will not let you exit that rewind mode. The only way out was to reload the checkpoint, which is forcing me to sit through a huge chunk of unskippable dialogue and to do everything again. Hate this kind of crap. Will play it some other day

Mm-hmm.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Bit Dungeon II -- MB-AEC3245F4C2316E6 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Fly'n -- MB-C507A3BB179420EC - Taken by ExoSoul
Chip -- MB-803B86BB0FF530CE - Taken by Loptous
Boxes With Guns (Steam) -- MB-33B0A0B697718298 - Taken by xGreg
Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition -- MB-EA72711734B01E5B - Taken by Lomax
Ship Simulator Extremes -- MB-5EF7B3326B99218E - Taken by bobnowhere
ulgzbKC.png
Boxes With Guns (Desura) -- MB-2D53290927E33559 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Boxes With Guns (Steam) #2 -- MB-39F541221BAA7C65 - Taken by fuzzy123
Siege of Inaolia -- MB-7FD24C44E1DBE79B - Taken by Eila
Teleglitch Die More Edition -- MB-BE78B498A8B2C0C8 - Taken by DTJAAAAM
Magicka -- MB-A4AB1896B722DF6C - Taken by texhnolyze
Frozen Hearth -- MB-4D9B538B80C1C2AC - Taken by Kagemusha

Yay! Now it's my Birthday! Anyway have some bundlejunk.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Journey Down Chapter One -- MB-8F3C490033745E37
FLY'N -- MB-54C212EE72BB6386 - Taken by Tesseract
One Night -- MB-8BA1E2CBD5FC92EC - Taken by crazyrabbits

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for The Journey Down Chapter One was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Dsyndrome

I hate that GAF is blocked at work now, like they expect me to actually do work. Too bad I've given all my job and collateral duties away since I change jobs two weeks from yesterday. Just sucks only being able to surf news sites and twitter with the time I've got left.
Yay! Now it's my Birthday! Anyway have some bundlejunk.
Happy birthday, notbobsomewhere!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I hate that GAF is blocked at work now, like they expect me to actually do work. Too bad I've given all my job and collateral duties away since I change jobs two weeks from yesterday. Just sucks only being able to surf news sites and twitter with the time I've got left.

those heartless bastards!!!

zkylon

zkylewd

you should do like i did and quit

Any TW2 experts in here? I have a question about a quest that spans Act 2 and Act 3... I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information about it.
I think I can do it in either path (Iorveth/Roche) but I can't find anything that confirms it entirely.

Happy birthday, notbobsomewhere!

New job with same company, different area? Or entirely new company?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Any TW2 experts in here? I have a question about a quest that spans Act 2 and Act 3... I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information about it.
I think I can do it in either path (Iorveth/Roche) but I can't find anything that confirms it entirely.

I am a TW2 expert and I guarantee I will be able to answer your question to 100% satisfaction.*

*no I don't

Dsyndrome

those heartless bastards!!!
is it an IP block or an URL block?
New intranet security blocking, can't do anything about it. It's enterprise wide.
New job with same company, different area? Or entirely new company?
Same company, different job. I'm military, so I change job every 2-3 years. Going from workign in a shipyard to going to get my masters in electrical engineering (part of qualifying) down in California.
you should do like i did and quit
I DO get more done at work, but with a sullen disgruntlement at the blockage. It'll be nice to actually be able to use my iPhone at work and not have to leave it in my car every morning once I'm a student again.

Why don't you post it here first?

There's a quest called "From a Bygone Era" that seems to start when you find a strange set of notes somewhere in Chapter/Act 2. With this item, you're supposed to show it to Dethmold and refuse to sell it to him. Then in Chapter/Act 3, you're supposed to be able to use that somewhere to open a special area which will allow you to respec and/or fight an optional boss (The Operator).

I've seen notes saying that it's only available on Iorveth's path. I've seen notes saying you can find the notes only if you sided with Roche, I've seen suggestions that there's a bug that prevents you from opening the trap door (in the x360 version at least) if certain things have occurred on the Iorveth side of things...

I just want a clear answer as to whether or not I can access this quest and eventually respec on either path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom