• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
fourth guardian beaten in la-mulana

this game is great, i only wish it was more clear with what unlocks what and whatever.

like, hit a wall a bunch of times, "puzzle solved" sound and wtf did i just do

specially when you're in like 8 different areas at once and you're also tracking items and seals and whatnot

wilflare

finally got my PC back up
- removed the failing HDD
- installed new 480GB Intel SSD
- did a clean install of Win 8.1 Pro
- installed both DS4Windows and GeDoSaTo (had to totally disable UAC but oh well)

time to play lol
though I'm flying off tmr

milena87

Yay! Now it's my Birthday! Anyway have some bundlejunk.

Happy Birthday! :D

Ok, if that's the case, I think I'll stick with Roche's side this time and save Iorveth for a second run on insane.

Beware on Roche's path that there's a bug with the Little Sisters quest in Chapter 2: if you talk to any mage about the quest From A Bygone Era (the Operator quest in Chapter 3) before completing Little Sisters, once you reach Chapter 3 you won't be able to complete From A Bygone Era. So, focus on the Little Sisters quest and finish it without multitasking.

As an achievement focused player, there are 3 achievements based on reaching certain talents/abilities in the skill trees. I want to do a save, respec, reload thing to clear the 3 of them out and not have to "worry" about exactly how I do my talents prior to doing so.

I did the same, but I started to save points right after I reached level 8. I was able to get the achievements at the beginning of Chapter 2.

When I played through The Witcher, I think I ended up aligned with The Order, simply because I did not align with the squirrels and I generally was trying to protect Vizima from the crazy squirrel terrorists, so while I'm not a huge Roche fan, I kind of gravitate that way because of my negative feelings about the Scoia'tel.

In Witcher 1 I always side with myself. Neutrality forever!

Dsyndrome

fourth guardian beaten in la-mulana

this game is great, i only wish it was more clear with what unlocks what and whatever.

like, hit a wall a bunch of times, "puzzle solved" sound and wtf did i just do

specially when you're in like 8 different areas at once and you're also tracking items and seals and whatnot
I've only beaten the snakes, the statue, and some mini-bosses. Some of the stuff is like "How the fuck would I know to go there to do that?" How to damage Anubis was the biggest example of that for me.

Salsa

I'd rather fuck Yeneffer. :p

Ob7qis6.jpg

;_;

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm

header.jpg

on one hand it's not the recent edition

on the other I am not really a "true" fan compared to GGXX and I doubt we'd ever get a PC release of the most recent versions of ASW games anyway

So, uh, yeah. I accidentally hit 900 games today.

The 900th game was BEEP, which I got for the cards.

mucRNgD.gif

Yeah. Kinda disappointed that I didn't keep better track to make that one special.

wilflare

finally got my PC back up
- removed the failing HDD
- installed new 480GB Intel SSD
- did a clean install of Win 8.1 Pro
- installed both DS4Windows and GeDoSaTo (had to totally disable UAC but oh well)

time to play lol
though I'm flying off tmr

come to think of it.
not sure if disabling UAC is a good thing - maybe I'm just paranoid ><

my dad uses my PC from time to time - I use Chrome while he uses IE... what should I move him to? Firefox?

bleh so many of settings not carried over

@paging for Nabs - do you use any DS4Windows profiles

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Yennefer really looks like a better version of Miranda Lawson in that screenshot, mostly because of her face and hair.

So, uh, yeah. I accidentally hit 900 games today.

The 900th game was BEEP, which I got for the cards.

mucRNgD.gif

Yeah. Kinda disappointed that I didn't keep better track to make that one special.

Look at it like this.

Beep is only your 900th game. It's not like 900 games is a big milestone in the grand scheme of things compared to something like the 1000th game will be. Just plan for that instead.

Nabs

@paging for Nabs - do you use any DS4Windows profiles

Depends on the game and what I need. They're usually not insane, just for putting important things like the map button on the touchpad, or managing my music or other external programs while in-game.

I did create a decent one with Axiom Verge. I used touchpad swipes for 4 weapons, and the touchpad modifier to put weapons on the d-pad for another 4. The game supports the keyboard well, so weapons are 1-9, just don't forget to check Scan Code if you try this.

Dr Dogg

Hey Copons...

Not sure if this has been posted yet. To disable the message that a gamepad has been detected over and over again:

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36k02v/question_disable_the_gamepad_detected_box/
Go to your Witcher 3 folder location and go into this folder:

"...\The Witcher 3\bin\config\base"

Open up "hidden.ini" with notepad.

Change "LockControlScheme=0" to "LockControlScheme=2"

This will get rid of the annoying message box and will always show the controls for the controller. You still can switch to your KB/M whenever you want, but it won't display the KB/M controls on the hud.

Now you can get the perfect arse shot without everyone knowing your dirty controller playing ways.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I installed this Witcher 2 game everyone is so on about right now.

wilflare

hmm one more question
how are you guys enabling DSR (I tried adding Custom Resolutions but my screen just flashes lol)

and how do I ensure that DSR and GeDoSaTo don't fight with each other and get my games downsampled twice or something

Copons

So apparently I'm the only chicken playing TW3 at Story and Sword difficulty level?
And still, I'm being buttkicked by all the dumbest enemies in White Orchard.

Goddamn you, how are you that good at playing vidyagems.

Deques

So apparently I'm the only chicken playing TW3 at Story and Sword difficulty level?

It's obvious: cheat codes

Shadownet

Banned

Yeah Witcher games aren't for people who think they can just hash and slash their way through enemies like Skyrim. Even on normal mode of Story and Sword. normal enemies will still fuck you up if you're not careful.

Someone told me about the animation jittery, especially while going slowly on Roach (Geralt's horse). Cannot unsee.. damn they need to fix the animation. less jittery, Geralt keep running into things, cause he got a reaction of a crack addict but the coordination of a toddler.

I died at least once on almost every single encounter on the 2nd hardest difficulty.
I almost died on my very first fight with the ghouls lol.

Shadownet

Banned
I died at least once on almost every single encounter on the 2nd hardest difficulty.
I almost died on my very first fight with the gouls lol.

I got a buddy who just got the game on PS4, he wanted to play on the hardest difficulty. Despite never playing any Witcher games before.

I had to talk him away from doing that. That's almost like trying to play Dark Souls and all you'll play before that was Skyrim on Easy.

Dr Dogg

I got my arse handed to me by a pack of level 10 Drowners while exploring a Question Mark in the water but guard up, watch the health bars for when they flash as that's when the enemy is about to attack then either riposte, dodge or roll then go on the offensive. Also read the bestiary to find out what Signs are best for which type of opponent.

At least you can get rid off the controller popup now (see my post above).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I switched to Story & Sword after reminding myself that meditating healed you in TW2.

Copons

Yeah Witcher games aren't for people who think they can just hash and slash their way through enemies like Skyrim. Even on normal mode of Story and Sword. normal enemies will still fuck you up if you're not careful.

But I'm not a Witcher IRL!
I'm more like that merchant attacked by the griffin at the beginning, with the bad haircut.

From the Witcher series I just want smartass talking and sweetass screenshotting!

I got my arse handed to me by a pack of level 10 Drowners while exploring a Question Mark in the water but guard up, watch the health bars for when they flash to either, riposte, dodge or roll they go on the offensive.

At least you can get rid off the controller popup now (see my post above).

!!! Damn, I missed that post, gonna try asap!

And I guess I also missed when the tutorial told me to look for flashing health bars.

I switched to Story & Sword after reminding myself that meditating healed you in TW2.

Yeah, but when I meditate I accidentally wake up in the middle of the night and everything is super scary and I go to meditate again until sunrise. :(

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah, but when I meditate I accidentally wake up in the middle of the night and everything is super scary and I go to meditate again until sunrise. :(

Lol, adorable.

I gotta say though, the horses in this game, make the ones in Dragon Age Inquisition look like two guys wearing a horse suit.
--------------------
Edit: lmao, adventurers beware.

Chariot

Murf. Always getting taken out of the game by the game freezing on me when I push ESC too much in the inventory menu (since I instintively want to close it with that button). Hate that >_<

my sister texted me about life is strange, so i wrote her back that i didn't know much about it:

nheXPTp.png
Can't agree more with your sister.

Always such bad luck when it comes to horses in open world games.
Well, roaches are supposed to fly, aren't they?

I got a buddy who just got the game on PS4, he wanted to play on the hardest difficulty. Despite never playing any Witcher games before.

I had to talk him away from doing that. That's almost like trying to play Dark Souls and all you'll play before that was Skyrim on Easy.

I'm starting to get the hang of it though.
Slew the ghost from the contract in one try, yeah.

Well, roaches are supposed to fly, aren't they?

I always misread Roach the horse as Roche.
I'm sorry, Roche.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
there is that "fuck boy" term again. wasn't there a thread about this recently in the ot?

I'm assuming this isn't "fuck boy" as in BILF given the context here?

edit: Urban dictionary is the best geriatric

A person who is a weak ass pussy
that ain't bout shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom