• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

There's a quest called "From a Bygone Era" that seems to start when you find a strange set of notes somewhere in Chapter/Act 2. With this item, you're supposed to show it to Dethmold and refuse to sell it to him. Then in Chapter/Act 3, you're supposed to be able to use that somewhere to open a special area which will allow you to respec and/or fight an optional boss (The Operator).

I've seen notes saying that it's only available on Iorveth's path. I've seen notes saying you can find the notes only if you sided with Roche, I've seen suggestions that there's a bug that prevents you from opening the trap door (in the x360 version at least) if certain things have occurred on the Iorveth side of things...

I just want a clear answer as to whether or not I can access this quest and eventually respec on either path.

I killed The Operator via Roche's path last week. I believe you can do it with both Iorveth and Roche. Can respec, but then you can't fight the operator and get his sweet staff or dragon scale.
Does TOR Browser work?
Internet Explorer everything, and it's a few versions back just for good measure. No installing anything myself.

I killed The Operator via Roche's path last week. I believe you can do it with both Iorveth and Roche. Can respec, but then you can't fight the operator and get his sweet staff or dragon scale.

Internet Explorer everything, and it's a few versions back just for good measure. No installing anything myself.

Ok, if that's the case, I think I'll stick with Roche's side this time and save Iorveth for a second run on insane.

As an achievement focused player, there are 3 achievements based on reaching certain talents/abilities in the skill trees. I want to do a save, respec, reload thing to clear the 3 of them out and not have to "worry" about exactly how I do my talents prior to doing so.

Futhermore, if you follow the "do the minimal amount of stuff to make it through insane" mantra, I may not reach the required level of 28 to be able to unlock one of them, let alone all of them via respec on an insane playthrough.

When I played through The Witcher, I think I ended up aligned with The Order, simply because I did not align with the squirrels and I generally was trying to protect Vizima from the crazy squirrel terrorists, so while I'm not a huge Roche fan, I kind of gravitate that way because of my negative feelings about the Scoia'tel.

You crazy looking at a guide during your first time through the witcher 2. Best part of that game is finishing it, looking at a guide, then realizing how many things could gone differently for situations you didn't even know you had a choice in...

Installed the widescreen fix and got xpadder going for max Payne 2. Time to knock that off my backlog for once and for all, especially since there are no major PC releases out right now or anything.

Dsyndrome

I'm not too worried about the blocking, won't matter soon. By the time it'll matter again, I'm sure I'll have other stuff to bitch about like having to live in DC or dealing with childrens or something.

Salsa

hey

hey

I turned down the difficulty of the witcher 3 to normal to see the difference and saved

im gonna turn it back to hard

but I won't get the achievement when I finish it for having done this

so; just so y'all know: I totes beat it on heard

im great

hey

hey

I turned down the difficulty of the witcher 3 to normal to see the difference and saved

im gonna turn it back to hard

but I won't get the achievement when I finish it for having done this

so; just so y'all know: I totes beat it on heard

im great

Whynot just load the last save from before you tried normal?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I somehow missed NEON STRUCT being talked about until just now, so I guess sometimes constant hyping about it does help out.

Not that it will leave my wishlist for a while, I have plenty of other stealth games to finish first before grabbing another one.

rtcn63

In honor of Turfster, we should talk about our favorite Borderlands moments. (Spoiler tagged of course) I personally am quite fond of the loot focus, the unending weapon variety, and the fact that Turster hates it.

EDIT: Wait, did I just confuse Turf with zkylon? Fuck this, my brain is fried. I should walk away now. Slowly.

zkylon

zkylewd
In honor of Turfster, we should talk about our favorite Borderlands moments. (Spoiler tagged of course) I personally am quite fond of the loot focus, the unending weapon variety, and the fact that Turster hates it.

EDIT: Wait, did I just confuse Turf with zkylon? Fuck this, my brain is fried. I should walk away now. Slowly.

i certainly don't like the series

had a bit of fun playing it with a friend once but pretty much everything is fun with friends, i had fun with my friend playing that shitty fps mod that you could play as norman bates and walter from big lebowsky

donny2112

Yay! Now it's my Birthday!

5c8ce4b33ad95d4865deb78df6837bff0a4162794bcec7ed9d961365bc5d5ec7.jpg

didamangi

Drowners are fucking killing me... I'm so ashamed.

Yup. Playing on Death March difficulty, single bosses are easier than fast mobs (wolves, drowners, etc) that can gangbang you to death very quickly.

Level 1-4 were a pain, I think I'm level 6 now and can stand more of a punishment so it's getting a little easier fighting mobs.

Dsyndrome

Yup. Playing on Death March difficulty, single bosses are easier than fast mobs (wolves, drowners, etc) that can gangbang you to death very quickly.

Level 1-4 were a pain, I think I'm level 6 now and can stand more of a punishment so it's getting a little easier fighting mobs.
Reading the description of the marker now displayed after I killed them , it says a paricularly powerful monster guards a treasure. Should've taken the hint I guess when there were four monsters a few levels ahead of me. Playing Blood and Broken Bones, having a blast.

rtcn63

I haven't played it either, but does the character really warrent all that vitriol? Or is he a lonely, socially-awkward dude who just comes off like someone who writes you letters about how he enjoys watching you while you sleep?

Teggy

Well my Witcher 1 saves were hidden somewhere from when I changed my motherboard, so rather than track them down I took it as a sign to start over. Playing in OTS mode this time but surprisingly not getting motion sick, which is why I avoided it the past. I also got to fight the Frightener, which I hadn't chosen before, but that seemed to make no story difference at all.

Any reason I shouldn't side with Abigail again? (Her card cracks me up given how perfectly normal her in game model is.)

Teggy

I haven't played it either, but does the character really warrent all that vitriol? Or is he a lonely, socially-awkward dude who just comes off like someone who writes you letters about how he enjoys watching you while you sleep?

He's just a goofy guy, although can be seen as a bit clingy depending on your choices. There was a dialog option in ep 3 where Max could refer to him as "gross" that I thought was put in specifically for zkylon.

I hate that GAF is blocked at work now, like they expect me to actually do work. Too bad I've given all my job and collateral duties away since I change jobs two weeks from yesterday. Just sucks only being able to surf news sites and twitter with the time I've got left.

Happy birthday, notbobsomewhere!

Happy birthday

is it an IP block or an URL block?

Thanks. Snagged this.

ajdzxk.jpg

Happy birthday uncle bob!

Happy birthday, Mr. bob!

Merry Birthday

Bob, where are you going to celebrate your birthday?:3

Go to work, go home and relax. You get over them after a while!

Happy birthday, Leland Palmer's murderous alter-ego!

Thanks all!

Because it's fucking amazing and not the next AAA pile of dogshit that takes up the front page of gaming for a week with a billion threads before disappearing into obscurity.

Isn't it made by the devs of Paranautical Activity?
Didn't they have some sort of meltdown?

So... their follow-up game is actually... good?

Milamber

It's boob's birthday? Happy birthday to boob!

EDIT: I managed to play about 30 minutes of W3 last night due to overtime. Majority of that is fiddling with settings and rewatching opening of Yeneffer and Geralt's asses in 30~45 FPS multiple times.

Grrr. Annoyed with Life Is Strange. I ran into a glitch that gets the game stuck in rewind mode. Even rewinding all the way to the beginning will not let you exit that rewind mode. The only way out was to reload the checkpoint, which is forcing me to sit through a huge chunk of unskippable dialogue and to do everything again. Hate this kind of crap. Will play it some other day

I ran to this same issue in yesterday, someone else got it too on the OT. Did you run into it in the
diner?

Miguel81

I'm lttp, but Shovel Knight is extremely fun. It fits in perfectly with my recent Retro platformer kick. The music is very NES-like and the visuals are somewhere between NES/SNES standards. Looking forward to playing more tomorrow.

Quick Edit: Happy birthday, bobnowhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom