• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jiggaloboy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Life is Feudal -- MB-187868CBC0817B95 - Taken by freshVeggie. 23 entrants total.

t1430549523z1.png

Blu(e)

Speaking of which, Canabalt keys are now available for Humble Android 2 and 4

You're absolutely right.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Blu(e):
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Blu(e), not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Canabalt -- MB-0EBF2B53462DF4F4 - Taken by Vlad. 6 entrants total.

t1430540703z1.png

Turfster

And that was Valiant Hearts.
Definitely worth picking up and playing through, even though some of the gameplay seems crammed in.

Teggy

Sandbox games blow.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teggy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Life is Feudal -- MB-408197C43CD99B97 - Taken by Sajjaja. 14 entrants total.

t1430552584z1.png

Joined a server on Life is Feudal and meet a really nice dude that stayed totally in character as a traveling knight, he hooked me up with some leather armor a sword and 25 throwing axes before pointing me in the right direction. The games pretty interesting, it's rather complicated but I look forward to learning it.

You may have phrased it that way, but you know what you were saying.

You're not using that word correctly, but with the way you seem to talk about everything else I'm not sure you're interested in having reasonable discussion. You just like throw out hate.

So you dispute that Saint's Row is juvenile in nature when it comes to just about everything it does? Cause I'm pretty sure that's not up for debate... the series is pretty low-brow in every incarnation it's ever had.
It may not be a fact that 11 year old boys sitting in a room pitched the ideas for it, but that was just hyperbole to make the point that the game is extremely childish/absurd/ridiculous/etc.
I like to imagine it was a lot like how I envision Superman was created.

As far as throwing out hate -- well, you must not know me very well then. ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
i kind of like the fact that sr and gta went separate ways

i find sr to be funny and overall well written even tho i thought sr4 was pretty disappointing and nowhere near as clever as sr3. the gameplay is pretty shit in both sr3 and 4 but i thought 3 was funny enough that i didn't care. 4 felt just too dumb for my taste and too much like pop culture references which i don't think really counts as humor

gta 4 i thought was pretty poorly written like most of the crap rockstar does, but liberty city is imo (not having gta 5) easily the best open world ever made in terms of detail and presentation. it's a game in which i really like walking around and admiring the city. but yeah the story is shit and the characters are more shit even and it's pretty awful too play as well. gay tony was amazing tho and imo one of the best things rockstar's ever done

Miguel81

Still no PCars on Nuuvem. Wondering if I should wait or jump on the GMG VIP. 37 bucks doesn't seem that bad, but Nuuvem usually has the better deal(unless it's locked).

Just got a key. I'm surprised that the page says they're giving away only 500 keys and they're still available 4 hours later. Aren't the CAG folks usually very quick to jump on things like this? Regardless, thanks for posting the link.

A Valve employee just posted this on the Dota 2 subreddit. It's about why the International Compendium can't be gifted but I guess it's also the first time Valve has publicly talked about why they implemented the trading/gifting cooldown.

We hate the gift restrictions as much as you do. We thought it'd be helpful to explain to you why they exist so that you can have a better view into the challenges surrounding fraud. Throughout this post we'll talk about gifting compendiums to friends, but this applies in general to all items purchased from the store.

Here's the problem: Bad guys buy compendiums with stolen credit cards, and then resell them to other players at a discount. It can take days to determine that the cards were stolen, and that a fraudulent item had been added to the economy. We can't effectively punish the fraudsters, because they're not really traceable - they commit the fraud on new or stolen accounts, never on their own accounts. In addition, these side markets make it very easy for people to get scammed.

When this started happening in 2013, we decided that the impact fraud was having on players and the economy wasn't big enough compared to the drawbacks of imposing restrictions on everyone. Unfortunately, like all scams that make money, it ballooned rapidly. The moment a method of fraud becomes profitable, it will explode in scope until we can find a way to address it. In 2014, the percentage of compendium purchases that turned out to be fraudulent became very significant and we also saw a massive growth in scam-related support requests from users that didn't receive their items or had their accounts stolen. Additionally, credit card fraud can become a big problem for us because if our fraud rates climb too high, we will no longer be allowed to accept credit card payments at all.

So, we added the time-based trade restriction to allow time to detect and limit the impact that the fraudulent activity has. We believe it actually hurts sales when we put restrictions on our players, because it means it's harder to buy a gift for your friend, for example. We hated doing it, but we didn't have a better solution. We are continuously exploring different methods to solve these problems, because we want to be able to stop fraud without affecting legitimate users.

I didn't know that too many fraudulent purchases on the same store could lead to credit card companies blacklisting that store.

Deques

Yay, just beat Dishonored for the third time, without killing anyone, without being detected and without alerting anyone :D

And I got all achievements for the base game :D

Now time to play the dlcs

It worked, a week or two ago they had disabled the VPN workaround and it would remove things from my cart *shrug*

Thanks!

Bought Shovel Knight on the Xbox One because it has Battletoads and they charged tax so it was like 17 dollars. Garbage! Game is really charming though, glad to finally get around to playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom